• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Talisman 3rd edition vs revised 4th

Topics related to Talisman

Talisman 3rd edition vs revised 4th

Postby Nephew of Mentor » December 2nd, 2013, 12:24 am

After having it pointed out to me in other posts, I noticed 3rd edition and its expansions have great HQ compatible minis. How do the minis in the core package compare to those in 4th edition? Since i now browse the net almost exclusively from a smart phone it can be hard to compare.

I have seen some great minis that would fit in as Sir Ragnar, Pierre Chancier, Killi, Millandriel, as well as Legacy of Sorasil heroes. I am sure all the ones I want are oop and worth their weight in gold now, but it would be nice to know the differences between the editions. Thanks.
Sure it's pretty scary when the witch lord returns but what you should really be afraid of is "Resurrection of the Witch Lord". Resurrected baddies always come back more threatening than ever, usually kind of demonic with wings and horns and hell fire to announce their arrival. Think Gannondorf or Mother Brain from Super Metroid.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Destroyed a Zombie!
Nephew of Mentor

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Talisman 3rd edition vs revised 4th

Postby chaoticprime » December 2nd, 2013, 1:04 am

The miniatures for both games are miniatures. Also, Talisman 3rd is easy to obtain.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
chaoticprime
Practically Lives Here

Swordsman
Swordsman

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Nephew of Mentor » December 2nd, 2013, 6:13 pm

Is the artistic style similar?
Sure it's pretty scary when the witch lord returns but what you should really be afraid of is "Resurrection of the Witch Lord". Resurrected baddies always come back more threatening than ever, usually kind of demonic with wings and horns and hell fire to announce their arrival. Think Gannondorf or Mother Brain from Super Metroid.

Rewards:
Nephew of Mentor

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » December 2nd, 2013, 6:29 pm

Not THAT similar. Talisman are noticeable bigger and with somewhat bigger heads.
Design-wise and overall look is close enough for them to not look out of place. Especially if you compare to the more detailed minis of the later expansions.
It's not perfect, but it'll do. The minis are pretty cool in their own right.

Easy to obtain? Yes! Cheaply? Well, from £6 and up to around £15

Edit:
Maybe I misunderstood? I just compared 3rd to HQ.
Last edited by Goblin-King on December 3rd, 2013, 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby chaoticprime » December 2nd, 2013, 7:35 pm

Talisman 3rd minis fit nicely with HQ. Talisman 4th minis do not at all.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
chaoticprime
Practically Lives Here

Swordsman
Swordsman

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Nephew of Mentor » December 2nd, 2013, 8:04 pm

chaoticprime wrote:Talisman 3rd minis fit nicely with HQ. Talisman 4th minis do not at all.

Sadly, this is what I suspected. A shame.

Rewards:
Nephew of Mentor

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » December 3rd, 2013, 11:58 am

It's a Fantasy Flight Sickness. They would make great minis, but somehow they think they sell more games than they would if they used 28mm.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » December 3rd, 2013, 12:30 pm

Fantasy Flight wrote:Let's make sure our miniatures aren't compatible with other popular games.
People should buy our game because they want to actually play it, not to just scavenge the figures.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » December 3rd, 2013, 12:43 pm

Touché. |_P
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Jackyboy » December 4th, 2013, 8:17 am

I have Talisman 3rd Edition with all the expansions. The figures are great and I would say that they will fit perfectly with HeroQuest. I haven't measured them exactly but they look pretty much the same size :D There are a few characters which I plan on using as playable and non playable characters in homebrew quests and there is definitely a rich supply of Wizard archetypes to get creative with.

Additionally I think Talisman 3rd Edition is an amazing game and would recommend you purchasing it to play the actual game as well as share its miniatures with HeroQuest ;)
Please PM me if any of my old links to files are currently down. I am in the process of hosting them somewhere new!

:)

Rewards:
Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Jackyboy

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:

Next

Return to Talisman Room