• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Space Crusade PC game

Topics related to Space Crusade

Re: Space Crusade PC game

Postby Gold Bearer » February 19th, 2015, 3:35 am

Again, I'm not say all these are bugs. I just thought I'd mention anything that might be unintended.

LurchBrick wrote:When I went to start a mission I couldn't select the chapters, there was nothing to select. - The only time I've seen this occur is when a mission doesn't have it's docking claws or starting spots on vessel set up correctly. If this continues to happen, edit the mission and re-add any docking claws or reselect any starting spots.
Everything was set up fine. All I did was open it in the editor and save it without making any changes and it worked the second time.

LurchBrick wrote:It doesn't remember which order you put the marines any more. - I don't understand what you mean by this.
When you select your weapons it doesn't remember which marine has which weapon. A minor issue but I like my tarantula boxes above the commander. Actually it still does remember if you deselect the and reselect the chapter, it just didn't work one time for some reason.

LurchBrick wrote:You can tell a blip is a dreadnaught when it opens doors that it's not next to. - This is what's supposed to happen. In the intro, you will see that when a marine is checking his scanner, he can tell that one of the blips is a Dreadnaught. Thus if you are watching the blips move, you should be able to tell which one is a Dreadnaught or not.
Cool, I like it.

LurchBrick wrote:You can roll the assault cannon dice, then move and then shoot. - This is correct. Once you've rolled the dice, you will notice that you can't melee. Also as an example, if you have 2 targets and shoot one, then move, you will not be able to shoot at any more targets, thus you have to ensure that you shoot everything in sight before moving otherwise you will potentially waste shots.
I don't like it. I like that you can't shoot, move and shoot but not the flexibility of rolling before you've moved or even before you've selected a target, but I definitely don't think you should be able to do it before moving.

LurchBrick wrote:An 'Are you sure you want to end turn?' would be handy if you've still got chapters that haven't done anything. - While there isn't a separate confirmation button for this, when you place the mouse over the end turn button, a warning will appear if you still have at least one marine who hasn't moved.
I've clicked it twice by accident, so not too bad. It would be handy though.

LurchBrick wrote:I think there was only one new reinforcement with the alien task force alien event - This event will add 2 reinforcements to the total number of reinforcement aliens, not spawn 2 reinforcements the turn it is displayed. e.g. if you have 5 alien reinforcements for the mission, a further 2 will be added.
Yea I was going to say forget that. I remember how that works now. So many alien events missing from the official cpu game, I don't remember any new alien events from it though so how the hell can you do it without running out of time? They must have used multiples of the ones they did use.

LurchBrick wrote:I just noticed the red damage numbers aren't always right. It said 8 when the BA commander destroyed a bulkhead. I didn't see what he scored but it can't have been twelve. The next time it said 9, bulkhead again. - When attacking a bulkhead in melee, the red damage numbers will display what the Commander rolled, not what he rolled above the bulkhead's armour value.
Okay, but it says a - number if you don't destroy it. Maybe it doesn't do that in this version.

Wrong Way.JPG
I got a very strange bug yesterday. This tarantula is manned. On my turn it was fine but after it kept changing direction. It wasn't just in appearance either, I could walk in the square two in front of the gunner. When I selected the tarantula on my turn it snapped back to facing in the right direction, I'm not sure what would have happened if that square was occupied. It seemed to sort itself out until it ran out of ammo and then the tarantula sprite was over the bolter sprite and followed him around but the bolter could be used normally. Where they tarantula should have been there was just two empty squares that blocked movement. I tried using another marine to man the invisible tarantula but the option wasn't available.

Promotion.JPG
This is shows the IP with three honour badges and the promote option. I didn't actually try promoting him this time though because I wanted eight equipment cards for the next mission and it would have been cheating anyway. Maybe it happens when the chapter before has the promote option and it doesn't know to take it away?

I think long legged dreadnaughts from a factory do always move five on their first turn.

The aliens got ten points for killing a bolter because it was an assault cannon before it ran out of ammo.

A promote option before the mission starts on the equipment selection screen would be handy because sometimes I forget to do it. It would also mean you could change your mind if you need to replay a mission.

How does the alien player advance? It went straight to a chaos lord after the first mission and doesn't seem to get the marks of chaos.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Expanded Combined Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4296

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna
DMT - The Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwZqVqbkyLM

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby LurchBrick » February 19th, 2015, 5:50 am

When I went to start a mission I couldn't select the chapters, there was nothing to select. - Which mission was this?

Strange tarantula bug - This issue is fixed for the next update.

Bulkhead red damage numbers - I've changed this so that the damage numbers only show what is rolled minus the bulkhead's armour value, after destroying the bulkhead.

Promotion button bug - I think you may be right about this. I'll see that this is fixed in the next update.

Factory dreads move 5 - This has been fixed for the next update.

Out of ammo marine bug - Marine will be worth 5 points in next update.

Promote option before the mission starts - Good idea. I'll add it in for the next update.

Alien player advancement - Their was a bug in the advancement code that saved the last rank achieved of the alien player, even if you played a stand alone mission. This has been fixed. The alien player does get marks of chaos but because they would have received them from a number of missions ago, you won't see them getting any more. This will also be fixed in the next update.

A chaos marine with missile launcher blip reveal - Blips are revealed as soon as they come into LOS of a marine. Other figures don't block this LOS, however figures do block LOS for firing. This alien can only move 4 squares. So if he already moved 4 as a blip, then he wouldn't move any further.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
LurchBrick

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » February 19th, 2015, 10:59 am

Is it possible to display the combat dices in melee half a second longer? If there are many dices involved i am hardly able to read them.

Yesterday i was having a game. One thing i saw was the aloen teleporter who was just exchanging two orcs. Maybe some more calculation time would be good.he could for example take a heavy weapon Monster and consider all the possible shooting positions before deciding on a teleport.

In general it is running better now! Thanks for all the work!

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby Gold Bearer » February 19th, 2015, 12:42 pm

LurchBrick wrote:When I went to start a mission I couldn't select the chapters, there was nothing to select. - Which mission was this?
One of mine, can't remember which one.

I didn't get the promotion option last time even the BAs had it so I'm not sure what causes it. Both times I noticed it was the IFs with three honour badges.

I forgot to mention a few things including an important one to do with the tarantula and las cannon targeting. You can't target aliens of the rear squares of the four if an alien is blocking your sight. I think the MD rules said that you were able to do that, so if there's four aliens standing in square you can get all of them. You can't at the moment.

I got the attach and detach tarantula options for the BA commander when he was reporting in. He was the only BA left and the tarantula was miles away. I didn't try them because I didn't want the game to crash right near the end of a mission.

A couple of times I've lost targeters with equipment malfunction for marines that were dead.

Bionic arm equipment malfunction highlighted the whole squad instead of just the commander.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Gold Bearer » February 20th, 2015, 4:56 am

Gold Bearer wrote:
LurchBrick wrote:You can't target aliens of the rear squares of the four if an alien is blocking your sight. I think the MD rules said that you were able to do that, so if there's four aliens standing in square you can get all of them. You can't at the moment.
I'm not sure about this now. The tarantula was able to target the rear squares just no so maybe it's just the las cannon or there might have been some reason why I couldn't do it before. I'll take a screenshot if it happens again and I can't see why.

Tarantulas lose one square of movement if they move E/W from the docking claw, sort of.
Tarantula.JPG

This happened. The tarantula had just left.
Squares.JPG

Edit:
Another thing I forgot to mention. I'm fairly sure trantulas use one movement to turn 90 degrees in the board game. I don't even think they can turn and shoot. You probably did this to deliberately and I don't think I'd like them like that now I'm used to the easier to use version but maybe put the original rules in as an option. Turn and fire could be seperate option.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby LurchBrick » February 20th, 2015, 9:11 am

Turning a Tarantula does not cost any movement in the board game.

Fixed for the next update:

Changed screenshot button from "S" to "Ctrl S".
Bionic arm and Digital weapons equipment malfunctions now only highlight the commander.
Equipment attached to Commanders will no longer be used for the equipment malfunction event if the Commander has died or left the vessel. The same goes for marines with Targetters.
Combat dice will now remain longer on screen.
Attach and detach tarantula options for the BA commander when he was reporting in bug no longer occurs.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
LurchBrick

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Gold Bearer » February 20th, 2015, 2:09 pm

Sometimes it looks like the gunner is letting go of the tarantula during the alien turn. This is something from a while back that I forgot about so it might be sorted already.

It should say imperial fistS and ultramarineS in the chapter boxes.

LurchBrick wrote:Turning a Tarantula does not cost any movement in the board game.
Oh, must have been a house rule because tarantulas were just too damn powerful. Never mind then.

LurchBrick wrote:Equipment attached to Commanders will no longer be used for the equipment malfunction event if the Commander has died or left the vessel. The same goes for marines with Targetters.
And marines that had a targeter before running out of ammo? Pre-emptive bug report, I'm that good.

I've got some suggestions that I think would improve the game:

Four options for reinforcements. 1) Like it is now. 2) Coloured blips to show the alien type (like in the board game). 3) Standard blip tokens. 4) Invisible until they're in sight.

The newly arrived reinforcements should go last so they don't get held up by the ones from a turn earlier.

It would be very handy if you could click on the fire buttons with tarantulas and las cannons to show what they can target without starting their turn. I keep getting caught out with this.

After the camera has followed a projectile in would be good if it moved back to the shooter.

Specific boxes for specific equipment and orders so you always know where they are.

A black photon grenade icon so it looks different to the blind grenades icon.

Bolt pistols should fire like bolters, they've got the same attack power.

It would be cool if you got the bolt pistol firing sound effect in h-t-h but maybe just the single shot. It would sound better and it makes sense because you only get one extra white dice.

The option to close as well as open doors. I think you could in the cpu and I don't think the board game says you can't It makes sense and it would add to the gameplay.

Having to walk up to a door, open it and then carry on moving to get the full move rate is a little bit annoying. Allowing doors to be opened diagonally would be an easy fix.

An open/close every door option with master controls to make things quicker.

An open/close every door on that board option as well as remove all doors in the editor for the same reason.

Undo in editor.

Items that take more than 3 to destroy.

Change the red numbers that show when a bulkhead is attacked to the same as attacking anything else to keep it consistent.

Rename the conversion beam to conversion beamer, I think that's what it was called anyway.

Four options each side on the main menu when there's no continue campaign option just to make it look a little neater. Massively important this one.

More varied dreadnaughts. There's twelve weapon slots available ((2x2)+(2x4)) and six weapons so each could be used twice or probably a better option would be to use the original ones three times each and the MD three once. I'd leave the mark vii as it is, it's what the blip image shows, it's what it had in the cpu game and it's what it's always had in yours. I'd keep the same four you're using for the higher level dreads for one of them. You could give the other one with four two of the MD weapons or give one and one for the mark viii. I'd definitely give the mark viii either a plasma gun and fusion gun or two plasma guns. That means the other one would have a conversion beamer, an assault cannon and either two plasma guns or a plasma gun and a fusion gun.

Also I think dreadnaughts should get two bolter shots. I don't think it was ever made clear in the board game, it said it shoots with two white dice with its bolters and it's got two of them. In the cpu game it got two bolter shots, but only used them both sometimes for some reason. We used to play it with two separate shots that had to be against the same target because they're twin bolters so it fires them both at the same time.

Instead of losing their weapons in a set order it could be randomised every time they're damaged. Although it is handy the las cannon is the first to go and it makes sense that the most powerful weapon would be lost first. Maybe a dreadnaughts lose their best weapons first yes/no option.

It would be a nice touch if the four numbered areas of the factories each produced a different type of dreadnaught. The downside is you'd know what's coming but it could be randomised at the start of each mission.

Rewards:
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Gold Bearer » February 21st, 2015, 2:34 pm

I have no idea what was going on when this happened. I went for a smoke during the alien turn and this was waiting for me when I got back.
Code: Select all
of Alarm Event for alarm 0
for object alien:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Get -7.ypos(100066, -2147483648)
at gml_Object_alien_Alarm_0
############################################################################################

This is what I meant about not being able to target squares with the tarantula. If they'd been single square targets on the four circles could I have targeted the NW square? I don't think so.
Targetting.JPG

LurchBrick wrote:A chaos marine with missile launcher blip reveal - Blips are revealed as soon as they come into LOS of a marine. Other figures don't block this LOS, however figures do block LOS for firing. This alien can only move 4 squares. So if he already moved 4 as a blip, then he wouldn't move any further.
I didn't see this before. I think sometimes they have movement left when they're revealed but their turn ends there. I'll keep an eye out for it.

It can be a bit of a pain that you have to move the full movement rate before you take your second move when you use an order that lets you move twice. I just used By Sections and I couldn't make it round the corner because their path was blocked by IF marines and I had to backtrack one square. If you keep it in mind then you can move to a square that takes your movement to the right amount first but I don't always spot it until I've moved and it's too late.

Rewards:
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Gold Bearer » February 22nd, 2015, 10:28 am

Another new mission and an edited Orc Assault to link the new one in. I really like this one. Don't play it when you're tired though. :) Orc Assault has a few map edits but that mission is definitely going to be on another map in the final version.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/mc66sji1ppqc65b/Orc_Assault.msn
http://www.mediafire.com/download/nj7mkri74xs41zw/Lightning_Strike.msn

LurchBrick, I got a lure of chaos and it highlighted the UM commander. It was just him and the BA commander left on the map and he didn't turn but I don't know if the roll was made because you can't see that one.

Rewards:
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Gold Bearer » February 27th, 2015, 7:58 am

I get this when I try to edit my new mission:
of Alarm Event for alarm 0
for object setupmissionobj:

Pop :: Execution Error - Variable index out of range startonboard
at gml_Script_loadsquadstartspot
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Script_loadsquadstartspot (line 0)
gml_Script_loadmissionsetup
gml_Object_setupmissionobj_Alarm_0
I can play the mission but not edit it. I only need to make a couple of changes but they're important ones.

This is what I meant about the blip reveal bug:
Reveal.JPG
The android on the right has just been revealed so someone must be able to see it but it didn't shoot so it can't see anyone. I think it still had one movement left as well but I'm not 100% sure.

In my lightning strike mission the IPs start in a corridor but the tarantula gunner is outside the corridor. It doesn't really matter in that mission but I'm not sure what would happen if there was no door or that was the edge of the board.

Being covered by a tarantula doesn't give the gunner an AV of 4 against plasmagun shots.

You can't fire a tarantula on the same turn that you man it even using order cards. I think you should be able to without order cards as long as you don't actually move the tarantula. That's how it worked in the last version.

If you change the combiweapon firing mode to see if you can target a square it starts the commanders turn. It would be really handy if only moving and shooting started that marines turn.

Instead of giving a warning or overwriting the old one, the game crashes if you create a mission with the same name as an existing one.

When you have seven marines without the extra heavy weapons it would be good if you still got five bolters. The way it is no does work but you get no weapon choices.

When a targeter malfunctions it highlights the whole squad.

I think manual rerolls would be better. If you roll two ones against an AV of 2 you should be able to reroll one.

The bioscanner is even worse than in the board game because it makes most aliens faster. In the board game they stay as blips.

Forget about what I said about the chapters not being there on one of the missions. I think that was because the next mission was renamed.

What did you think to my suggestions? And have you tried any of my missions yet? :)
Last edited by Gold Bearer on March 1st, 2015, 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rewards:
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Space Crusade Room