• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Space Crusade PC game

Topics related to Space Crusade

Space Crusade PC game

Postby LurchBrick » June 12th, 2011, 12:22 am

G'day everyone,

Take control of up to 3 space marine squads or an Eldar squad in this board game created by Milton Bradley and Games Workshop back in the 80s. Fight against the alien denizens of a space hulk. Each marine and Eldar squad has a selectable range of weapons and equipment to help them in their mission.

Download Link: https://pauljonesy41.wixsite.com/lbgames (30Mb)

The game is fairly simple to play, left click a marine to use him.
Left click an alien to shoot it, right click an alien to attack in hand to hand combat.
Please read the instruction file for detailed information on how to play the game.

New update: Play as the Eldar.

If you find any bugs scattered here and there, please post them so I can fix them and make this a better game.

Cheers

LB
Last edited by LurchBrick on January 23rd, 2022, 9:11 pm, edited 28 times in total.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
LurchBrick

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Space Crusade PC game

Postby LurchBrick » July 31st, 2011, 10:39 am

A new update.

Lots of bug fixes and a move to more closely match the boardgame.

Manually rerolling dice didn't make it into this update but it is a future addition.

There are now Marine squad buttons that must be pressed before you use that squad.

The Assault cannon now has a Fire button before it can be shot. Once this button is pressed, you cannot take it back. So no changing your mind and going for a melee attack instead.

An Imperial Fist commander with a Comb weapon card now has a button to choose which firing mode you want.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
LurchBrick

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby HeroQuestFrance » August 27th, 2011, 4:39 am

Any update ?

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
HeroQuestFrance

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby LurchBrick » August 27th, 2011, 5:06 am

Sorry, no update yet.

I've been busy working on an update to the Battlelore vassal module and once that's complete, I'll be able to get some time to work on this again.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
LurchBrick

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby AnnDempsey » November 16th, 2011, 1:44 am

LurchBrick,
hmm.. its been long overdue' any update?
Last edited by AnnDempsey on October 6th, 2013, 2:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: removed phrase and link considered as SPAM
AnnDempsey

Exiled
Exiled

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Postby LurchBrick » June 8th, 2014, 6:34 am

After almost 3 years, yes there is an update. :)

I've made many improvements to the game and there is now a mission editor.

Please download (link in 1st post), read the instructions and enjoy.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
LurchBrick

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » June 8th, 2014, 11:54 am

Here I were in our summer house painting Space Crusade miniatures, and when I get home and turn on the PC, this is what I see!
Only question: Why haven't I seen this before?

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby HeroQuestFrance » June 9th, 2014, 4:37 am

I'm gonna test it now !

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
HeroQuestFrance

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby LurchBrick » June 9th, 2014, 10:00 am

As always, a few bugs sneak in when you're not looking. Latest version is "SpaceCrusade1_2".

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
LurchBrick

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby HeroQuestFrance » June 9th, 2014, 3:02 pm

Well.
I play it and here's what I find or don't find well :

1 I didn't see the counter of my points while I'm playing.

2 there is always a movement penality while the marines are enteringthe board which is not in the gameboard rule. If you think it's not a big deal, the event card (28) are the countdown and you are loosing the first turn to go out.

Assault Cannon: The assault cannon can fire at any target in the unit’s LOS. To fire the assault cannon, click the “Fire Cannon” button. The weapon will display the amount of ammo it can fire this turn. Any target that can be hit by the assault cannon will have a Target icon on top of it. Note: Due to the high rate of fire that the assault cannon can produce, it has a tendency to jam. When this occurs, the unit will be unable to fire or conduct a melee attack as the unit is spending it’s time unjamming the weapon.

WHAT THE F ? It's space crusade not space hulk ! It's already hard enough to deal with hand to hand combat when aliens charge your space marines so it's not something great to change therule of this weapon.

4 Your IA acts strangely. In this game aliens don't care to fireo n marines. They have biggest chances in hand to hand combat even a simple gretchin who can destroy all your squad. Aliens should make fire when space marines are out of range instead of shooting at few steps of them. they also should hide themselves behind walls when they cannot fire or make an hand to hand combat.

5 I didn't figure out how to reroll the die with the gear "Targetter". Is it automatic ?

6 The new order event didn' allow me to choose a order card. It was random I think.

7 : the opened door and closed door have few visual difference : hard to deal with that.

8 Excellent music and sounds. Bravo !

9 Assault canon again : why the space marine cannot move after shooting ? it's not the original game damn .. then orderm ove it is useless in strategy again.

10 didn't succeed in targeting and shooting on several targets with assault canon. I hold ctrl key , 3 targets were shown but no, he only hit on the closed one.

11 the fullscreen please !!!

12 blips are hidden behind minis of other aliens in the rulebook. The game reveals it for instance in a corridor if your space marine is on one side and aliens on the other sides so the marine sees all and even behind the first minis.

13 aliens move in diagonal accro occupied squares.

14 android arem oving of 6 squares instead of 4 !!!! what the ...

15 there are 28 events in the game. I see a countdown at the bottom right with only 27 ?

16 the missile launcher cannot target and empty suqare ?

17 the first real bug :
############################################################################################
FATAL ERROR in
action number 1
of Step Event0
for object alienmissile:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Get 127036.object_index(13, -1)
at gml_Object_alienmissile_Step_0
############################################################################################

It happened when the aliens were playing : one blip open a door, moved and fired on the ultramarine sergeant.

Well, that's all for right now. I only play 2 games this evening with the blood angels. I think I must test the other squads. Hope ti will help you.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
HeroQuestFrance

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Next

Return to Space Crusade Room