• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Terminators & Librarians: points?

Topics related to Space Crusade

Terminators & Librarians: points?

Postby Maurice76 » Sunday April 22nd, 2018 12:34pm

I am about to lead the mini-campaign that Games Workshop published (along with rulings) in White Dwarf 134 & 145.

The information is fairly extensive, but the one thing I didn't see, was how many points a succesful kill against a Terminator or Librarian would yield for the Chaos Player. Given that Terminators and Librarians are harder to kill - their armor value of 3 means that Chaos Rocket Launchers and Assault Cannons essentially become single target weapons, while Gretchins, Orks and Chaos Space Marines see their succesrate of killing Space Marines through shooting drop by a factor of 2/3 - they should also yield more points, right? Yet, unless I am mis-reading it, I can't see any mention of the point value of a Terminator or Librarian.

I am inclined to use the following point schematic:
- Terminator with Bolter: 10 points
- Terminator with Heavy Weapon: 15 points
- Terminator Commander: 15 points
- Librarian: 15 points

Of course, something similar can be said for the Space Marine Scout squad and the Ork Mob described in the same extra information. However, I don't think it's likely any player in my group will take either of those two squads. If so, I'm inclined to use a 5 point value for most, 10 points for the Heavy Weapon wielders and the squad leader, pretty much like the standard Space Marine points.

Any thoughts and ideas? Did I miss something or did they really forget the benefit for the Chaos Player in this regard?

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
Maurice76

High Mage
High Mage

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Terminators & Librarians: points?

Postby Anderas » Sunday April 22nd, 2018 3:22pm

When I was stepping into this particular pit trap, I ended up redesigning the game. :D Don't think too much about it.

For quick and dirty, it will certainly do.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby The Admiral » Sunday April 22nd, 2018 4:07pm

Anderas wrote:When I was stepping into this particular pit trap, I ended up redesigning the game. :D Don't think too much about it.

For quick and dirty, it will certainly do.

Ha! reminds me of my total redesign of Space Hulk with kill tables for all weapons v all targets. Killing a Terminator with an autogun on a 1d6 roll of 6 was utter nonsense to me. The odds in a game of 40k is staggeringly remote! Unfortunately my redesign got way too complex and we stopped playing it years ago. KISS.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Scout
Scout

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Maurice76 » Sunday April 22nd, 2018 4:11pm

Which actually leads me to a second question: which equipment and order cards apply to Terminators and Librarians? :P Since the Extra Heavy Weapons don't count for a number of order cards, this is a different beast altogether. Hmm.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
Maurice76

High Mage
High Mage

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby The Admiral » Sunday April 22nd, 2018 4:34pm

Maurice76 wrote:Which actually leads me to a second question: which equipment and order cards apply to Terminators and Librarians? :P Since the Extra Heavy Weapons don't count for a number of order cards, this is a different beast altogether. Hmm.

Yeah. I loved Space Crusade. It worked so well with the half Marine squads. Not sure they really thought out the Terminators? We never tried them.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Scout
Scout

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Return to Space Crusade Room