• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Advanced Space Crusade rules update

Topics related to Space Crusade

Advanced Space Crusade rules update

Postby Jonny 5 » March 4th, 2018, 2:30 pm

Just been looking at Slevs advanced heroquest rules update and thought I'd add my own humble efforts for Advanced Space Crusade. ..
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cytnb3b1vsay9 ... 0.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0l4taky0bwdrd ... 0.doc?dl=0

The first is the updated book and the second what changes I've made. Hope it's of interest to some of you.

There were a few things that I wanted to fix but mainly the following:
I felt that the game was unfairly biased in favor of the Marines
Several of the Tyranid troop types were not really viable
The campaign game tended to fissile out rather than build up to a climax at the end.
The rules were a bit overwhelmed by background, which i didn't want to loose just put elsewhere

I think the changes should make it a lot more exciting a game. Please let me know what you think and if any of you have done anything similar.

- I see that I've not updated a few of the contents page references. These should be ...28, 31, 34, 36, 37, 40, 46, 47, 50, 51, 57, 60. I'm enjoying playing with these rules. I will update at some point; I was thinking of adding a 'Norn Queen' encounter to the space next to the ambush rules... perhaps some kind of Alien(s) queen/egg room thing.
Jonny 5

Goblin
Goblin

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Return to Space Crusade Room