• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

.Twisting Catacombs. Suggestions Thread

Topics relating to Zealot Miniatures' Twisting Catacombs dungeon scenery Kickstarter campaign may be discussed in this room.

Re: .Twisting Catacombs. Suggestions Thread

Postby Redav » November 24th, 2014, 6:52 pm

I have to say that in the latest update, the WIP's have met and exceeded my expectations! Well done guys!
Campaign Status
EU Group: Kellar's Keep - The Dwarven Forge
NA Group: The Gathering Storm - Barak Tor - Barrow of the Witch Lord

Project's Status
Rules: House Rules and Clarifications are open for discussion
Campaigns: Thinking
Alternate Mini's: Planning and acquiring
Painting: I've started painting... :o

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Redav

Storm Master
Storm Master

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby sajungzak » November 24th, 2014, 7:47 pm

The double wide wall piece is good as is (wall spell, doublewide corridor), however, I'd buy a bunch of blocked square pieces also, if you made them. Single wide blocks. Blocks the path up to four directions.
this is where I've been posting my painting progress so far:
http://www.facebook.com/zachary.lewis.96

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie!
sajungzak

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Thantos » November 25th, 2014, 6:17 am

Lookin good Big Bene, gave you and your site a shout out in the latest update :D

Sajungzak - Yea that could work, so many things to add in :P Already have a 1x1 blocked pillar sculpted traditionally by Kieran Billings, i think i send someone a sample casting on here... was GK or Sjeng i think :P

Redav - Thanks :D Glad you like em so far! Still have 12 more pieces to sort out. Likely going to take two weeks more sculpting now :)
http://www.zealotminiatures.com
Models. Plastic Injection. Resin Casting. High Res 3D Printing . Macro 3D Scanning .

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges.
Thantos

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Redav » November 25th, 2014, 7:25 am

Thantos wrote:Still have 12 more pieces to sort out

Gee... and I thought the extra gold was going to be enough :o
Campaign Status
EU Group: Kellar's Keep - The Dwarven Forge
NA Group: The Gathering Storm - Barak Tor - Barrow of the Witch Lord

Project's Status
Rules: House Rules and Clarifications are open for discussion
Campaigns: Thinking
Alternate Mini's: Planning and acquiring
Painting: I've started painting... :o

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Redav

Storm Master
Storm Master

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Big Bene » November 25th, 2014, 10:02 am

Thantos wrote:Lookin good Big Bene, gave you and your site a shout out in the latest update :D
Thanks a lot, that's a big wow for me!
Now I'll have to update my site...
Don't know where to take the time... :bites-lip:

Glad (and honored) you like the idea.
Do you want me to send you the toilet, too? I'm pretty sure you like it (at least the concept), but the question is probably rather if you have the time to include further models I send you unasked... :D
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Thantos » November 26th, 2014, 5:19 am

Heh no probs man :D Yea, do a giant skeleton! Detail will print better and would be awesome

Toilet is a great idea, just may have to be something for a shop later on. Going to have to work out where we stand once all these sculpts are done and prototyping
http://www.zealotminiatures.com
Models. Plastic Injection. Resin Casting. High Res 3D Printing . Macro 3D Scanning .

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges.
Thantos

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Sparkymark » December 6th, 2014, 9:06 am

Hi, my first reply here after a few weeks of lurking. Just made my pledge for the Classic Dungeon Dweller in the late backers scheme. Hoping to replace my broken cardboard furniture!
My suggestion for a future Twisting Catacombs would be alternative miniatures for the baddies, with plenty of variation. The trouble with is with the original Heroquest minis, they all look like clones of each other. Apart from the heros, evil sorcerer and gargoyle. Some varied minis would help add more realism to the game?

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Sparkymark

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby cynthialee » December 6th, 2014, 12:37 pm

Sparkymark wrote:Hi, my first reply here after a few weeks of lurking. Just made my pledge for the Classic Dungeon Dweller in the late backers scheme. Hoping to replace my broken cardboard furniture!
My suggestion for a future Twisting Catacombs would be alternative miniatures for the baddies, with plenty of variation. The trouble with is with the original Heroquest minis, they all look like clones of each other. Apart from the heros, evil sorcerer and gargoyle. Some varied minis would help add more realism to the game?

This!!!
I hate that all my orks look like the other ork. Same with all the other mini's, but orks I use the most and we have a couple Ork PC's at our RPG and the Hero Quest Orks are the mini's we use for their heroes.
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
~Sun Tsu The art of War~

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Swordsman
Swordsman

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Big Bene » December 17th, 2014, 9:47 am

4tonmantis (in the feedback thread) wrote:Wishing for: Make shift foot bridges, ladders, barricades, and gallows... oh and an actual bar for taverns..

To make a bar, I would put just some boards onto some barrels. And this brings me to the following suggestion:
Just some planks, plates and beams of wood, in different sizes, for the customer to build his own creations. Something like the wood mold from Hirst Arts, but better sculpted. Other materials would be possible, too.
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Big Bene » January 5th, 2015, 5:23 am

Seems nobody's been in here for some time. I'd like to "push" my suggestion about a wooden planks sprue for builders.

Something like this:

ImageImage

that can used to build wooden structures of all sorts:

ImageImage

Would be realtively easy to do, ultra-useful, and your wood structure would beat Bruce Hirst's (for whose work I have the deepest respect otherwise) anytime.
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter