• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

.Twisting Catacombs. Dungeon Scenery Kickstarter. Feedback

Topics relating to Zealot Miniatures' Twisting Catacombs dungeon scenery Kickstarter campaign may be discussed in this room.

Re: .Twisting Catacombs. Dungeon Scenery Kickstarter. Feedb

Postby Thantos » March 30th, 2017, 5:30 am

lol finishing up now ;) What backer ID or email/ KS username are you and ill check to make sure all is ok :)

KS worth it? Well financially it is OK, it's been good for the business but not good for my metal well-being! lol I have been working 12 to 18 (mostly 12 or 13) hours practically every day including weekends for 2 years, with all the normal stresses of running a small business and managing 1000 KS backer orders and a quarter of a million resin castings. Alongside the store, 3d printing service, lawsuits, accounting, tax returns and regular fun :/ I wouldnt do it again like this, if we come back to KS, it will be with a different tactic selling less and dispatching faster - with margins on the pieces which can allow this faster manufacture!

I think the real test if it was worth it will be if the minis sell in store next month, once the prices are regular! If they make a little profit each month for the next few years, it will be worth it :) and ill get weekends off to play a game of HQ with all this scenery - which i haven't done yet |_P
http://www.zealotminiatures.com
Models. Plastic Injection. Resin Casting. High Res 3D Printing . Macro 3D Scanning .

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges.
Thantos

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby knightkrawler » March 30th, 2017, 5:33 am

lawsuits... I know you can't legally talk about it, but that's intriguing.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Thantos » March 30th, 2017, 6:21 am

Nothing as dramatic as it sounds ;) just small claims of clients not paying or minor headaches with people who are special in the head like that.

Best one was guy asks us to cast his huge sculpture. It arrives and it is made of playdough / unfired clay... soft. Nightmare to mould and cast!
We took longer to cast it than estimated. Did i mention it was like unfired clay? With massive undercuts on all the details?
Eventually sorted it, shipped. He says thanks, starts selling them for £500 each.
Says that took too long, "ill pay you just £100, instead of the agreed amount"
Long story short, i never got that money since his mum is a lawyer who just defuses anything i do with playing the loopholes in the legal system...

So i decide its best to invoice people and get payment before shipping goods now...

Next we do 3 weeks 3d printing for a fella, nearly £1k raw materials in printer resin, 3 weeks of work. Mega cost for this job.
Everything is printed, beautiful masters for resin casting, ready to send. Invoiced him.
He goes "Hmm thanks. But i have decided i need to redesign all these sculpts for manufacture in HIPS plastic now. So all these prints are worthless to me now"
Eventually got money from this one with much pain...

So i decide i need to put a clause in which says minis we print are ours until paid for.. -.-
I could go on and on, but i gotta book out some pledge shipments :P

Constant learning curve this xD
http://www.zealotminiatures.com
Models. Plastic Injection. Resin Casting. High Res 3D Printing . Macro 3D Scanning .

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges.
Thantos

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Redav » March 30th, 2017, 7:21 am

Thantos wrote:lol finishing up now ;) What backer ID or email/ KS username are you and ill check to make sure all is ok :)

I'm 935

Thantos wrote:Long story short, i never got that money since his mum is a lawyer who just defuses anything i do with playing the loopholes in the legal system...

So i decide its best to invoice people and get payment before shipping goods now...

Next we do 3 weeks 3d printing for a fella, nearly £1k raw materials in printer resin, 3 weeks of work. Mega cost for this job.
Everything is printed, beautiful masters for resin casting, ready to send. Invoiced him.
He goes "Hmm thanks. But i have decided i need to redesign all these sculpts for manufacture in HIPS plastic now. So all these prints are worthless to me now"
Eventually got money from this one with much pain...

So i decide i need to put a clause in which says minis we print are ours until paid for.. -.-

Gee. Some are just out to rip others off. Yeah, I'd be including something that covers yourself and I wouldn't start anything until there's been a transaction
Campaign Status
EU Group: Kellar's Keep - The Dwarven Forge
NA Group: The Gathering Storm - Barak Tor - Barrow of the Witch Lord

Project's Status
Rules: House Rules and Clarifications are open for discussion
Campaigns: Thinking
Alternate Mini's: Planning and acquiring
Painting: I've started painting... :o

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Redav

Storm Master
Storm Master

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby slev » March 30th, 2017, 8:21 am

One of the departments I run is 2ffectively "customer services", but all out customers are businesses. Some people have really messed up views of how the world works, which is borne out in these examples!

Thantos wrote:ill get weekends off to play a game of HQ with all this scenery - which i haven't done yet |_P

You need to get youself up north for StabCon in July, where I'll have my HQR set in use ;)

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
slev

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » March 30th, 2017, 10:00 am

There's a reason you get a full page of text for any tiny purchase. Companies (sadly) need to cover their asses from hustlers and morons.
You feel stupid for wasting all that energy while dealing with average costumers, but once THAT customer arrives you are glad you covered all bases |_P

Basically imagine every way a client could potentially be an *Play-Doh factory* and write a clause to protect you against said assholery.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » March 30th, 2017, 12:23 pm

Goblin-King wrote:There's a reason you get a full page of text for any tiny purchase. Companies (sadly) need to cover their asses from hustlers and morons.
You feel stupid for wasting all that energy while dealing with average costumers, but once THAT customer arrives you are glad you covered all bases |_P

Basically imagine every way a client could potentially be an *Play-Doh factory* and write a clause to protect you against said assholery.

It's assholage, not assholery.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby IvenBach » March 30th, 2017, 2:22 pm

Dear goodness... So glad I was taught not to act like that... Hard for me to imagine you still are shipping stuff. Hope it all clears out smoothly.

Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
IvenBach
The NEEEEEEEEEEEERD!!!

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » March 30th, 2017, 4:17 pm

knightkrawler wrote:It's assholage, not assholery.

Oxford accepts both. I think it's one of those English/American things.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Redav » April 29th, 2017, 9:32 pm

So, this wasn't me was it?
The longest journeyed parcel is Peter from Australia, some errors with shipping meant his parcel travelled around the world a few times, before we go things sorted. Another apology to Peter! That box had more air miles than me! :P

(Yes, there's more than one Peter on this island)
Campaign Status
EU Group: Kellar's Keep - The Dwarven Forge
NA Group: The Gathering Storm - Barak Tor - Barrow of the Witch Lord

Project's Status
Rules: House Rules and Clarifications are open for discussion
Campaigns: Thinking
Alternate Mini's: Planning and acquiring
Painting: I've started painting... :o

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Redav

Storm Master
Storm Master

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter