• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

zealot twisting catacombs wolf miniature

Projects created by Zealot Miniatures may be discussed in this room.

zealot twisting catacombs wolf miniature

Postby DullandRusty » October 31st, 2017, 11:45 pm

Hello Thantos, I saw in the twisting catacombs kickstarter paint contest there is a wolf miniature. It is the perfect wolf for my druid/beastmaster (not too fierce but not looking like a labrador either). Image
I think it was Mentor's entry Y1. I have not been able to find that wolf on your webstore, is that one unavailable, or not really a zealot miniature, etc? or maybe I just am missing it. Thanks for any input you have!
DullandRusty

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: zealot twisting catacombs wolf miniature

Postby knightkrawler » November 1st, 2017, 1:24 am

That's a "Warg" from Reaper.
Entries in that contest didn't have to be Zealot products, but rather the painter's own free choice.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Thantos » November 2nd, 2017, 9:48 am

That's it! As KK says, contest minis could be any brand :D

https://www.reapermini.com/FigureFinder#detail/77202
http://www.zealotminiatures.com
Models. Plastic Injection. Resin Casting. High Res 3D Printing . Macro 3D Scanning .

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges.
Thantos

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby DullandRusty » November 2nd, 2017, 10:38 pm

awesome, thanks. by the way. I am posting an order this weekend from your site. I loooooove the genie as well as the new dwarf hero. he's gonna work well for a dwarf fortress quest i have. (of course I just happened to find like 10 other things i will probably be ordering as well. why did you have to make such great stuff!?!? actually, I am really excited for what your site has in store for future, like sir ragnar and others. one question that you might be able to answer regarding the palantir with the clear orb. is the orb clear enough to mod and add a LED light inside to give off a color changing crystal ball effect? and just because im not familiar with your site over a period of time, how often do the out of stock items come back in? im eyeing the dwarf warrior statue but need 2 rather than the 1 that's currently in stock. thanks for being patient with me peppering you with all these questions :)
DullandRusty

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby whitebeard » November 3rd, 2017, 8:00 pm

The palantir is a cool model. I use it to fill a wizard's chamber when space is supposed to be limited, but the new sorcerer's table is too small.

The TC furnature is all proper scale for the HQ minis. This means, the palantir stand is chest height for the wizard and the ball itself is about the size of the wizard's heroic scales glove hand.

It is smaller than a typical LED and you will need sime kind of micro LED version. It will be a tight fit for a battery, and you may split the resin trying to drill it out that much. The resin is nice, but it is more brittle than the HQ plastic.

If you make this work, please post pictures of the build including parts list.
Has resigned from the forum and would delete his account if he could.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage

Usergroups:

Postby DullandRusty » November 3rd, 2017, 10:26 pm

Will do if i can make it work. I have a wizard mini from reaper galadon greycloak im doing the same to. He has an orb and i have some micro leds to insert into the orb in his hand formthe same effect...just have to find the time to do it. I learned it from:

http://thedungeonworkshop.blogspot.com/ ... ering.html

He uses a flame with it but same principle.
DullandRusty

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby whitebeard » November 4th, 2017, 12:59 pm

Very cool. Thank you for this! You will want to add a base like he does to store the battery.
Has resigned from the forum and would delete his account if he could.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage

Usergroups:

Return to Zealot Miniatures