• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Dungeon Characters

Projects created by Zealot Miniatures may be discussed in this room.

Re: Dungeon Characters

Postby cynthialee » December 17th, 2015, 2:06 pm

I only provide a critical eye as a potential customer and fellow creator. I am not busting his balls in any way. I am wowed by the skills demonstrated by the OP and tried to convey that when I provided my input. I could never do art like this, my skills are in the rules development department.
As a gamer and a game developer I personally welcome critical input of my work. I was just providing, what I considered, a courtesy.
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
~Sun Tsu The art of War~


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Swordsman
Swordsman
 
Posts: 1848
Images: 4
Joined: September 27th, 2011, 10:56 am
Location: the forests of Washington State
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Dungeon Characters

Postby knightkrawler » December 17th, 2015, 2:21 pm

ampersand wrote:i think they look great. nice tidy concept designs. so guys remember they are concepts and not the finished article. people are always quick to pounce on others creations around here and pick apart the most minute of details. have faith in thantos. im sure the finished product will turn out fantastic |_P


I do have faith in Thantos. Of everything he's produced, he's never given me reason to doubt his talents or professionalism.
So I just take it for granted his professionalism includes taking an opinion when he's asked for one.
Who exactly pounced and on what?
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord
 
Posts: 5825
Images: 27
Joined: May 25th, 2012, 2:26 pm
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Dungeon Characters

Postby ampersand » December 19th, 2015, 2:01 pm

you only have to read through the thread in the eyes of a fellow creator to see what i mean.
only constructive bit i could agree was about the sword length. but again its a 'concept' not the final finished product.
the 'elf' faces are clearly to make a solid definition between male and female. elves having very androgynous looks are much more representative of female features than male. you have to remember these have to translate into tiny little miniatures. and in order for the features to be distinctive, they have to be strong features.
subtlety goes unnoticed in 28mm scale. but again. they are concept works. which means a wip.

i got very similar sort of comments when i tried my hand at sculpting. the dwarf for example, people said was great, then proceeded to pick apart the very tiniest of details.
the chain mail looks weird. dont like the design, dont like the finger. dont like the boots. dont like the axe
these were all matters of opinion. not constructive criticism
But not one single person managed to point out the massively hideous flaw in the model itself. so the one thing i could of done with as constructive critisism got missed by everyone,


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
User avatar
ampersand

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman
 
Posts: 395
Joined: April 16th, 2013, 1:51 pm
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Dungeon Characters

Postby knightkrawler » December 19th, 2015, 2:23 pm

When I say "no Elf face", I mean I don't exactly want Thantos to step into the miniature sculptor trap of making every female figure a bimbo. That's all. I even elaborated with the waist. In context, both of my criticisms I expressed are constructive suggestions towards more Barbarian warrioress, less Red Sonja 2000s comic book. I think Thantos knows that. Also, in all of my comments, there was a tongue in my cheek so thick that I almost gagged from it.

I am not a sculptor and even less have I worked from concept art.
I merely don't like the notion that that drawn face is conveyed in the miniature exactly in scale. If it's not, anyway, than no harm done in my comment. Thantos is the exert on how the art translates into the sculpt and then into the actual miniature, my job was to criticize because he asked for it and I said, please no Elf face because There are a shitload of scantily clad barbarian female miniatures with faces that are too cute.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord
 
Posts: 5825
Images: 27
Joined: May 25th, 2012, 2:26 pm
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Dungeon Characters

Postby ampersand » December 19th, 2015, 2:52 pm

everyone is entitled to an opinion.

i look forward to what the actual elf will look like :zombie:


|_P


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
User avatar
ampersand

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman
 
Posts: 395
Joined: April 16th, 2013, 1:51 pm
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Dungeon Characters

Postby sajungzak » December 19th, 2015, 5:39 pm

I think they are looking good; will be excited to see how they turn out!
Last edited by sajungzak on December 19th, 2015, 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
this is where I've been posting my painting progress so far:
http://www.facebook.com/zachary.lewis.96


Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie!
User avatar
sajungzak

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior
 
Posts: 600
Joined: May 19th, 2013, 4:10 pm
Location: Spokane, Washington
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Dungeon Characters

Postby sajungzak » December 19th, 2015, 5:59 pm

ampersand wrote:But not one single person managed to point out the massively hideous flaw in the model itself. so the one thing i could of done with as constructive critisism got missed by everyone,


It took me a long time to find it, probably never would have noticed if you didn't bring it up... and in our defence it is nearly imperceptible in the image you posted.

I would hardly call it massively hideous, amp. I still love mine.
this is where I've been posting my painting progress so far:
http://www.facebook.com/zachary.lewis.96


Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie!
User avatar
sajungzak

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior
 
Posts: 600
Joined: May 19th, 2013, 4:10 pm
Location: Spokane, Washington
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Dungeon Characters

Postby ampersand » December 19th, 2015, 8:12 pm

sajungzak wrote:
ampersand wrote:But not one single person managed to point out the massively hideous flaw in the model itself. so the one thing i could of done with as constructive critisism got missed by everyone,


It took me a long time to find it, probably never would have noticed if you didn't bring it up... and in our defence it is nearly imperceptible in the image you posted.

I would hardly call it massively hideous, amp. I still love mine.


|_P


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
User avatar
ampersand

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman
 
Posts: 395
Joined: April 16th, 2013, 1:51 pm
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Dungeon Characters

Postby wolfie907 » December 20th, 2015, 12:56 am

sajungzak wrote:
ampersand wrote:But not one single person managed to point out the massively hideous flaw in the model itself. so the one thing i could of done with as constructive critisism got missed by everyone,


It took me a long time to find it, probably never would have noticed if you didn't bring it up... and in our defence it is nearly imperceptible in the image you posted.

I would hardly call it massively hideous, amp. I still love mine.

I'm at a loss as to what this is please clue us in (unless it's the pointing hand having 6 fingers which I thought was flash and trimmed out)


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
wolfie907

Elven Archer
Elven Archer
 
Posts: 543
Joined: September 28th, 2012, 2:42 am
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Dungeon Characters

Postby Anderas » December 20th, 2015, 1:45 am

I'm lost, too. I just took out my Ampersand dwarf and didn't find a failur :)


For the female characters, my order stands, Thantos!


Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear
 
Posts: 3397
Images: 73
Joined: September 20th, 2014, 7:02 am
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Zealot Miniatures

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest