• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Q12 Night and a Fire by Anderas

Quests for the HeroQuest 25th Anniversary Quest Pack.
Forum rules
Please follow this format:

Post Subject: Q#. "Title" by "Author"

First Post: Map + Quest Notes

Following Posts: Public discussion.

Re: Q12 Fire and Night by Anderas

Postby Daedalus » May 12th, 2019, 12:53 pm

A quick visit back to this Quest leaves me with a couple of comments. First, a one-off "Tempest potion" was mentioned to be seeded in the previous Quest. Was this done? I like that overlap.

Second, those alarm markers are cool and I think something similar for our expansion could make a useful addition to the game in general. Of course, something as simple as skull tiles would suffice, but the extra print space for a small number of alarm tiles should be easy to fit in. The issue is the art, of course. This second edition Talisman image by Gary Chalk could work nicely:

Yeah, it's Games Workshop, but Gary Chalk likely licensed his art at that time. He hasn't protested yet about secondary, nonprofit use by fans. Here's another Chalk image from the more recent Fantasy Warlord that could serve as a sentry token:

UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Anderas » May 12th, 2019, 1:58 pm

Thanks Daedalus! I was hoping for your feedback.

Yeah I used Zombicide markers and didn't think at all about people who don't own Zombicide.

I will add them to the download PDF for hq25 today.

Where have you been?

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » May 14th, 2019, 12:00 pm

I updated the HQ25 material pdf and made it available for download.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1HuYpE ... psLsLL0nd0

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » May 25th, 2019, 3:38 am

Here's another alarm marker idea from the Hero Quest Sticker Album that might match the Chaos Dwarf theme a bit better:

About my drop in posts, I've been lost in an image search and manipulation mode and have been building up a library. I started with pictures for the artifacts and have expanded from there. While I'm determined to get them out in their respective topics and have the artifact images mainly assembled, a couple of the toughest remain to be completed.

Health and family matters back home have also taken some priority. I guess this is a phase for me, but I fully expect to be more active in the future.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Previous

Return to HQ25th Quests