• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Hello!

Inn Visitors may sign the Guest Book and Registered Guests may introduce themselves. (Visitors are able to sign the Guest Book)

Hello!

Postby Garek » Wednesday July 20th, 2022 2:58pm

Hello!

Garek here, long time Heroquest fan. I was the right age for Heroquest to spark my imagination and set me down the fantasy/games workshop slippery slope as a boy.

I rebought the (European, I’m in the UK) core game and painted it up sometime around 2010. I played it through with a friend then foolishly sold it on.

I’ve recently re-rebought the classic core game, plus kellars and witch lord, and look forward to never parting ways with them again!

I’ve got a few ideas in relation to the new version that’s been released, but I’ll start another thread in the right section to ask for peoples opinions on my thoughts.

I’ve been aware of ye olde inn for a long time but never registered. The resources are excellent and it’s great to finally join in with a community dedicated to a very special game!

All the best,

Garek
Garek

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Hello!

Postby Xoxxala » Wednesday July 20th, 2022 10:18pm

Welcome to the Inn!
Xoxxala

Zombie
Zombie

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Postby Kurgan » Wednesday July 20th, 2022 11:10pm

Welcome! Glad to meet you and look forward to hearing your ideas!

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Garek » Thursday July 21st, 2022 9:24am

Thanks for the welcomes.

Just to check, if I’m talking about both the classic edition and new edition in the same thread, would it be best to post in the Heroquest general discussion section?

Edit: Also, is there an area that would be suitable for me to start a thread to post my painted miniatures, purely for sharing what I’ve been up to? I can see there’s the project forge but I don’t want to post there if that’s just for people seeking help?

Many thanks.
Garek

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

Postby Daedalus » Wednesday July 27th, 2022 6:31am

Glad to have you join us, Garek!

Garek wrote:. . . Just to check, if I’m talking about both the classic edition and new edition in the same thread, would it be best to post in the Heroquest general discussion section?

You can post in General HeroQuest Discussion, but since both North American versions are nearly identical, you probably should post in other rooms more specifically related, such as Board index ‹ HeroQuest Rooms ‹ Official HeroQuest Releases ‹ Official Rules. New material exclusive to the Avalon Hill edition is either stickied at the top of General HeroQuest Discussion or Board index ‹ HeroQuest Rooms ‹ HeroQuest Merchandise ‹ Miscellaneous HeroQuest Items.

Garek wrote:Edit: Also, is there an area that would be suitable for me to start a thread to post my painted miniatures, purely for sharing what I’ve been up to? I can see there’s the project forge but I don’t want to post there if that’s just for people seeking help? . . .

Many members have started painted minis topics at Board index ‹ HeroQuest Rooms ‹ HeroQuest Additions ‹ Miniatures. Others have simply added to the What are you working on today? topic.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Return to Ye Olde Lobby