• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Hello!

Inn Visitors may sign the Guest Book and Registered Guests may introduce themselves. (Visitors are able to sign the Guest Book)

Hello!

Postby godofrandomness » November 14th, 2021, 3:45 am

Hello everyone!

Just got my 2021 edition in a few days ago, and I can't wait to play it. My playgroup has played all sorts of dungeon crawlers over the years, but this one and the original Warhammer quest are the ones that give me the nostalgia feels. I only had the base US copy as a kid and missed out on any expansions, so very excited about the ones included in the Mythic edition. I am currently figuring the tricks out on how to print and scale the other expansions to match the larger scale of the reprint edition.
godofrandomness

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Hello!

Postby Kurgan » November 14th, 2021, 9:24 am

Welcome to the Inn! If it's customization you're after, you've come to the right place...

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » November 15th, 2021, 12:53 am

Glad to have a new enthusiast in the forum! It's not about scaling, but maybe this old tile thread will be of interest.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby godofrandomness » November 16th, 2021, 3:39 am

Daedalus wrote:Glad to have a new enthusiast in the forum! It's not about scaling, but maybe this old tile thread will be of interest.

There is a lot of good general info there. Since most of these tiles seem to be more meant as board overlays and say like WHQ tiles, I will keep them thin by printing to 110lb cardstock, then gluing a layer of 65lb black card stock behind it. It should keep the tiles from bulging too much above the board they are sitting on and still be fairly rigid. If I do need them thicker, I can just glue another sheet of cardstock, or if I want to get fancy and some anti-skid*, glue on some cheap shelf liner; That stuff has some amazing utility in papercraft hobby.
Last edited by godofrandomness on November 19th, 2021, 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
godofrandomness

Forum Language: British English
Hero:

Postby Kurgan » November 16th, 2021, 10:04 am

Sheets of chip board (or even thin matboard) worked well for me. I keep the room tiles in a binder between game sessions. Used a simple school glue stick to attach the printed images to the board. Cardstock is a bit too thin, in my humble opinion.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Return to Ye Olde Lobby