• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Hello from a Long Term Lurker

Inn Visitors may sign the Guest Book and Registered Guests may introduce themselves. (Visitors are able to sign the Guest Book)

Hello from a Long Term Lurker

Postby Credulous » November 5th, 2020, 3:33 pm

Hello from a long time lurker. Manchester based.

Still have my original set from Christmas Day 1989 when I was 8. Was lucky enough to receive all Europe released expansions over the following few years and still have all the boxes and some of the card spruces. Incredibly although a number of minis have lost weapons down the years and the usual rat tail and candlestick problems have transpired, I haven’t lost a single piece of this original ‘system’ down the years, bar one rat.

Picked up a second copy off eBay for about £100 in the late zeroes which also had all the expansions but without boxes this time. Seeing what expansions go for these days that’s looking like an absolute bargain!

Have pledged for mythic tier and looking forwards to some new official quest books.

Also making unofficial versions of the American quest packs as not worth 100’s of pounds to me.

My seven year old and eldest has just started to play so new set or old sets there’s hopefully plenty of joy still to come from this classic game!
Credulous

Skeleton
Skeleton

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Hello from a Long Term Lurker

Postby Cael Darkhollow » November 6th, 2020, 3:04 pm

Credulous wrote:Hello

My seven year old and eldest has just started to play so new set or old sets there’s hopefully plenty of joy still to come from this classic game!

Greetings traveller, welcome to the Inn. We will take good care of your horses, see to your baggage, and ready your room. Good to hear you and your kin love the game.
By Crom I'll split you crown to crotch to see if your guts are yellow as I think they are nithing BARBARIAN Ulrich
The last music you shall ever hear will be my bowstring as your forehead sprouts a feathered shaft, pity ELF Cael Darkhollow
Tomes grimoires manuals atlas formularies compendiums codexes bestiaries folios scrolls... Am I missing anything before we leave? WIZARD Eldritch Heironymous KigamMagister
Some quick axe work an' we can count the coins and gems DWARF Wulfram Magnussen
Cael Darkhollow

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Return to Ye Olde Lobby