• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Wandering Monster

Inn Visitors may sign the Guest Book and Registered Guests may introduce themselves. (Visitors are able to sign the Guest Book)

Wandering Monster

Postby DarakuTenshi » June 6th, 2017, 9:06 pm

You've been attacked by a wandering monster! I mean... hello.

I've been a member of this site now for a few years and have never really been part of the community, hence the subject line of this topic. I thought I'd drop in an introduce myself. I've been an avid HeroQuest player since 1990/91. A buddy of mine and I each bought our own set and got groups of friends together to play it regularly. As far as I can remember I've never really played the game myself as I was always playing the role of Zargon. As a youngster, I had the main set and Kellar's Keep. I would really love to be able to get the other sets but at this point, I think it may be out of reach, as I am not willing to pay that kind of money for the sets. I have found someoen who will make reproduction figures, but they charge way more than I'm willing to pay, sometimes even more than the originals on eBay on a lucky day.

I own Advanced Heroquest, but never got into that game like I did with the original. I didn't quite like it as much. I'm hoping the 25th anniversary game will be fun.
DarakuTenshi

Mummy
Mummy

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Wandering Monster

Postby Goblin-King » June 7th, 2017, 2:24 am

Welcome to the light.

Sadly it's uphill if you want to get a complete collection.
Prices have skyrocketed just the last couple of years.
Frozen Horror and Mage of the Mirror are completely unapproachable.
Even Ogre Horde and Wizards of Morcar has doubled in price recently.

I really hope MB/GW realize this and magically re-releases everything. A man can dream...

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby mitchiemasha » June 7th, 2017, 10:56 am

Welcome... I use Advanced Heroquest to spice up Heroquest. The empire units make for perfect mercenaries, the broke ones scouts, just lacking a crossbow (which is the best). The Dungeon tokens Make for perfect Evil wizard tokens. The modular tiles to mix the game up a bit. I modded these Quests https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzUqo ... FkyU1BJT0k into a linked story. Introducing the modular tiles to our group, a few new extra rules are introduced in the Quests too.

This has a qucik explination on how to use the Advanced HeroQuest tokens in standard HQ. Adds so much more to the game.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzUqo ... FhLaG9hS1U

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Prince
mitchiemasha

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Figomurphy » June 7th, 2017, 11:07 am

Good pointers there. Thanks.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges.
Figomurphy

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby j_dean80 » June 7th, 2017, 12:09 pm

If you are a purist, like myself, than repro just won't do. If you are not a purist then there are plenty of alternative figs you could use from GW, Zealot, Reaper...etc. Would be a lot cheaper alternative.
Blood - Good to the last drop

Ye Olde Inn Quest Design Competition 2024 Joint Winner

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby DarakuTenshi » June 9th, 2017, 8:58 pm

j_dean80 wrote:If you are a purist, like myself, than repro just won't do. If you are not a purist then there are plenty of alternative figs you could use from GW, Zealot, Reaper...etc. Would be a lot cheaper alternative.

Normally I am a purist, but at this point, beggars can't be choosers. I will probably end up paying for reproductions on some of the more expensive sets. The others that are achievable I may just piece out even if I don't have the boxes.

I'm actually interested in making a box out of wood for my HeroQuest stuff. I'm also in the works of trying to do a hardback book with the HeroQuest rules along with all the additional rules from the expansions just for my own personal obsession. I've also been throwing around an idea to put all the maps from the expansions in one book as well... with my work schedule and family life... this will never get done.
DarakuTenshi

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby j_dean80 » June 9th, 2017, 9:07 pm

DarakuTenshi wrote:
j_dean80 wrote:If you are a purist, like myself, than repro just won't do. If you are not a purist then there are plenty of alternative figs you could use from GW, Zealot, Reaper...etc. Would be a lot cheaper alternative.

Normally I am a purist, but at this point, beggars can't be choosers. I will probably end up paying for reproductions on some of the more expensive sets. The others that are achievable I may just piece out even if I don't have the boxes.

I'm actually interested in making a box out of wood for my HeroQuest stuff. I'm also in the works of trying to do a hardback book with the HeroQuest rules along with all the additional rules from the expansions just for my own personal obsession. I've also been throwing around an idea to put all the maps from the expansions in one book as well... with my work schedule and family life... this will never get done.

I managed to get the Elf Pack and Ogre Horde at decent prices. I got ones not quite complete then found the couple extra parts I needed.
Blood - Good to the last drop

Ye Olde Inn Quest Design Competition 2024 Joint Winner

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Kurgan » May 30th, 2019, 5:36 pm

That dang "Anniversary Set" was just a ploy to inflate Ebay prices! I knew it...

I did snag a group of Mercenary figures pretty cheap. They were black (unpainted) plastic though, so I'm wondering if they were some kind of reproductions, because I'm pretty sure those weren't standard colors. In any case, they look great in my collection and I can't wait to use them for the Dark Company!

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Return to Ye Olde Lobby