• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Heroquest for Charity

Inn Visitors may sign the Guest Book and Registered Guests may introduce themselves. (Visitors are able to sign the Guest Book)

Re: Heroquest for Charity

Postby wallydubbs » October 3rd, 2022, 12:31 pm

Thanks for the pledge Daedalus. If I don't get enough backers I may have to go as the Wizard. Lol.

Anyhow, Baker's gonna be there?!
Would I be permitted to bring my own board and get him to sign it?

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member
wallydubbs

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby drrob101 » October 3rd, 2022, 3:46 pm

Yes of course, I am sure that he would be happy to!
drrob101

Skeleton
Skeleton

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » October 3rd, 2022, 11:12 pm

:mrgreen: I'm both happy for wallydubbs and green with envy!
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » October 11th, 2022, 11:57 pm

wallydubbs wrote:Thanks for the pledge Daedalus. If I don't get enough backers I may have to go as the Wizard. Lol.

:idea: Buy an extra Instruction Booklet online and have him sign that, too. You could raffle it off next year for a 15 Gold Coin pledge per ticket. That should equip your Elf nicely.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby wallydubbs » October 12th, 2022, 7:18 am

Daedalus wrote:
wallydubbs wrote:Thanks for the pledge Daedalus. If I don't get enough backers I may have to go as the Wizard. Lol.

:idea: Buy an extra Instruction Booklet online and have him sign that, too. You could raffle it off next year for a 15 Gold Coin pledge per ticket. That should equip your Elf nicely.

Not a bad idea at all.

Rewards:
wallydubbs

Halberdier
Halberdier

Usergroups:

Postby wallydubbs » October 12th, 2022, 12:11 pm

I think I got my page set up for the Dungeons of Hope fundraiser. I understand if not everyone is willing or able to put in on this event. But for those of you willing to donate to the cause I'll represent the Inn as best I could and bring back pictures and a detailed report.

https://secure.givelively.org//donate/d ... walerysiak

Rewards:
wallydubbs

Halberdier
Halberdier

Usergroups:

Postby HispaZargon » October 12th, 2022, 4:25 pm

Come on members, let's help wallydubbs on his quest!!

Can't wait to see how far he survives through the game!! :lol: :lol:

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Librarian-Analyst
HispaZargon
Inn's Guardian

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: Español
Usergroups:

Postby wallydubbs » October 14th, 2022, 2:55 pm

As noted, Steve Baker will be attending the Dungeons of Hope. I am hoping to get his autograph on the instruction booklet of the game system. For every $10 pledge I receive I'll enter the backer's name into a raffle and the winner of the raffle will get the autographed booklet.

Rewards:
wallydubbs

Halberdier
Halberdier

Usergroups:

Postby Daedalus » October 15th, 2022, 11:50 am

:2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: Pledged!

Once was Mortimer wrote:Can't say I've run either a charity event or a group heroquest event ... I suppose if you can gather a few experienced Evil Wizards and have a few different tables ... maybe each one playing different quests?

Prizes? Raffles?

That quote was from the start of the thread in 2017. Now wallydubbs is offering a chance for a Stephen Baker signed Instruction Booklet! Every Inn member should seriously consider showing their HQ spirit by supporting this worthy cause. It would be great if Stephen could learn that Inn members responded heroicly because of his involvement. Pay it forward!
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:

Postby wallydubbs » November 13th, 2022, 12:24 pm

So the Dungeons of Hope event was very successful as a grand total of over $5000 was raised. Only about $200 came from my end, special thanks to Hispa Zargon, Deadelus and Lestodante for donating.

Unfortunately Stephen Baker and his wife both came down with Covid and were unable to make it. However I talked to some of the administrators and game designers who knows him personally and they'll look into getting an autograph from him.

There was about 8 tables of heroes willing to play as the Barbarian, Elf, Dwarf, Wizard and the Cleric and the Zargons were open minded enough to allow duel wielding. I was going to play the Elf and bought a hand axe with my donation money, but when meeting my team, 3 of the 5 heroes (Jeff, David and Amber) had never played or had limited experience playing Hero Quest. Surprisingly, of the group, I had raised the most money, but $200 doesn't go very far in the armory. David never played before and got stuck with the Wizard. But the Wizard is a difficult character to play as a novice, so he and I switched characters, as I thought that would be best for the team. We would all eventually pool our money together for the betterment of the team as well.

The administrators were thrilled that someone from the yeoldinn community had attended and somehow there was a lot of talk about me.

The armory and cards were a bit divided. As the armory presented both the North American cardboard layout and cards that are quite common to this website, such as the Flail, Mace, Rapier and Cane that could be found among Sjeng's created cards. In the European version the staff is the strength of 2 combate dice while in North American version it is only worth 1, get both were available.
The spell cards in use were the traditional elemental spells, but the Sleep spell varies in wording between the two versions, which did cause some confusion. Adam, the Zargon of our 2nd quest looked to me for some clarification.

I was informed that they were looking for potential Zargons for future events, which me and Aaron (who played the Dwarf) offered. I had a brief conversation with Adam and Rob, informing them about the Wizard of Morcar spells and the Elf Spells from the Elf Quest pack, possibly bringing variety to the existing spell sets. They didn't know much about them but now seem gladly willing to look into yeoldinn's resources.
However it's common knowledge here that the WoM spells are not up to par with the elemental spells, but as several site members have addressed ways to fix it, I think we could help them out.

I was also informed that they had been in touch with Hasbro, who were very generous in donating a few boards for the event and made no protests about the development of the created quests. Some in attendance were still holding onto hope that a Dwarf and Wizard's Quest pack would one day be made.

The ambiance of the room was met by dim lighting, dungeon music playing in the background, which picked up tempo at just the right time for big boss and mini boss battles; along with a smoke machine coating the floor with a swirling gray haze.
Unfortunately due to the dim lighting the pictures taken were of poor quality, which you will see below.
Also, many of us got caught up in the game, myself included, and at iconic moments I forgot to snap a few extra photos.

On both quests I played with the Earth, Air and Fire spells. The Cleric was played by Amber, who dressed as an Elf, had the basic stats of 2AD 2DD 6BP 6MP, mandated with an extra set of water spells and +1 against all undead. We let her handle the undead. Jeff played the Barbarian, which is the best roll for an inexperienced player. Aaron had some experience and liked playing the Dwarf, but was very straightforward on his attacks despite only having 2AD for the majority of the quests.

Prior to each quest we were allowed to buy extra life tokens, $5 a piece. The Dwarf used his during the first quest, as did the Barbarian and Cleric in the subsequent 2nd.
The two quests I played was to rescue Sir Ragnar's daughter, who was going to be sacrificed to raise an evil monster, shades of Conan the Destroyer. Apparently the Zargons were unfamiliar with Ragnar's treacherous acts at the end of the European Return of the Witch Lord... I was hesitant to tell them...
Our 2nd quest, which was far easier then the first, was a simple search and destroy against an Orc Warmonger. I'll give a play-by-memory of these two quests in a later post.

Although I only got to play 2 quests, several were made and upon talking to the administration they allowed me to take copies of the quests back and post them here. I don't really have the computer capability to make quest maps, but if someone wants to help they've agreed to let us post them here. If someone wants to help the conversion process I'll be glad to present the maps and quest notes I received.

IMG_20221112_152811827.jpg

IMG_20221112_153034109.jpg

IMG_20221112_163225259.jpg

IMG_20221112_165900974.jpg

IMG_20221112_165911016.jpg

IMG_20221112_194402258.jpg

IMG_20221112_202232893.jpg

IMG_20221112_211105981.jpg

IMG_20221112_211123496.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
wallydubbs

Halberdier
Halberdier

Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Ye Olde Lobby