• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Hellow

Inn Visitors may sign the Guest Book and Registered Guests may introduce themselves. (Visitors are able to sign the Guest Book)

Hellow

Postby Beiren » October 14th, 2013, 3:53 pm

Hellow,

I"m Beiren and I have Heroquest for a long time. I got it for my 6th, 7th or 8th birthday (I'm from 1983). I used to play it with my friends but we didn't understand the gamerules and we took each dungeon seperate. We didn't saw that it was one long quest. So we didn't quiet got everything out of it. But I remember playing Heroquest when one of my friends came over to sleep in a tent in the backyard (I was about 10year I guess). We played this game untill deep in the next with wind and rain coming down over our tent. Especially funny when my mom came to ask us if we didn't want to come inside, and we just said no and send her back trough to rain inside. We had to much fun playing.

Fast forward to these days.
Together with my family in law we are playing th settlers of catan quiet alot. But because I'm rather strong at that, they sometimes team up all against me. I don't know how, but for some reason I thought about Heroquest. 1 Evil wizard and all the others against him. Sounds like most games we play. When I was looking for info about Heroquest I stumbeled upon this site.

I have been looking around here a bit. And I have told to my inlaws that I have this game and that I will prepare it to be played with the entire group.
I have been reading through the manuals and saw that the European rules (I'm from Belgium) have some flaws. One life for every creature for instance is ridiculious.
So I'm working on a total game so that there is no misinterpretation afterwards. THey don't know the original rules so I can make up what I want.
I have told one rule to my wife: 'The heroes should always win, but they should have had a hard but fun time"

Beiren
Time will tell, sooner or later time will tell
Beiren

Fimir
Fimir
 
Posts: 50
Joined: November 14th, 2012, 4:48 pm
Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Hellow

Postby IvenBach » October 14th, 2013, 5:28 pm

Welcome. Use the NA rules. A lot of members on the forum seem to agree it's the way to run it.


Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
IvenBach
The NEEEEEEEEEEEERD!!!

Halberdier
Halberdier
 
Posts: 1308
Images: 4
Joined: November 30th, 2012, 7:26 am
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: Hellow

Postby knightkrawler » October 15th, 2013, 12:55 am

I second this. NA rules sprinkled with a houserule here and there, if needed.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord
 
Posts: 5825
Images: 27
Joined: May 25th, 2012, 2:26 pm
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Hellow

Postby chaoticprime » October 15th, 2013, 12:57 am

Beiren wrote:I have told one rule to my wife: 'The heroes should always win, but they should have had a hard but fun time"

Beiren


aAARGH, MY BRAIN


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
User avatar
chaoticprime
Practically Lives Here

Swordsman
Swordsman
 
Posts: 1939
Images: 0
Joined: February 10th, 2013, 3:38 am
Location: Kansas City
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Hellow

Postby knightkrawler » October 15th, 2013, 1:03 am

Oh yeah, that was the passage I felt time stop, slipped through the wrong leg of the Trousers of Reality and then I just forgot about the alien experiments done to me.
Welcome, Beiren, Curtisan of Heroes.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord
 
Posts: 5825
Images: 27
Joined: May 25th, 2012, 2:26 pm
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Hellow

Postby Beiren » October 15th, 2013, 7:31 am

Normally I always go for the win, but I slaugther them from the beginning (the opening quest of the european package is way to though) they stop playing it before they even got properly started. So that's why I think heroes should win. Ofcourse I go for the Evil wizard myself and from time to time a hero should die.
Time will tell, sooner or later time will tell
Beiren

Fimir
Fimir
 
Posts: 50
Joined: November 14th, 2012, 4:48 pm
Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Hellow

Postby el_flesh » October 15th, 2013, 7:55 am

I totally agree. There HAS to be danger about it, otherwise it isn't fun to play. But characters dying every game is also not fun, either.

By the way...WELCOME!
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Image


Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
User avatar
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled
 
Posts: 1315
Images: 4
Joined: April 25th, 2010, 4:38 pm
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Hellow

Postby Sjeng » October 15th, 2013, 10:55 am

Welkom bij ons forum!

I killed off a dwarf yesterday. In HeroQuest that is. I also use the NA rules. I created EU cards of all the NA cards, like chaos and elf spells. Be sure to grab those too.
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Wizard
Wizard
 
Posts: 4536
Images: 92
Joined: July 26th, 2011, 9:58 am
Location: The Netherlands
Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: Hellow

Postby IvenBach » October 15th, 2013, 6:27 pm

el_flesh wrote:There HAS to be danger about it, otherwise it isn't fun to play.

Oh how I wish my group felt the same way... The thought I stacked the deck when they actually pulled traps and wandering monsters instead of all treasure like the first few quests.

Keep us posted on how it goes in your attempt to kill the heroes, or play the game as most would say.


Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
IvenBach
The NEEEEEEEEEEEERD!!!

Halberdier
Halberdier
 
Posts: 1308
Images: 4
Joined: November 30th, 2012, 7:26 am
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: Hellow

Postby Daedalus » October 17th, 2013, 1:19 am

Welcome, Beiren. It seems Hero Quest is a good choice for your group, with you as the evil wizard player. You rightly understand that the first Quest is very tough, so a simple solution that will gradually reward your group without you needing to give them the win is to start with Quest 2. Quest 1 is better balanced to be played after the first 5 Quests, so insert it then. It was made extra tough to drive home the point that the Heroes need to stick together, but your group probably already understands that, as they have been teaming up against you already.

Let us know how things work out. The Saturday Night Dungeon section of the forum is a great place to post if you want to include some detail, otherwise we can read about it in this thread.
..
UNCLE ZARGON
Image
WANTS.. YOU


Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard
 
Posts: 5328
Images: 14
Joined: May 9th, 2011, 2:31 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Next

Return to Ye Olde Lobby

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest