• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Guest Book

Inn Visitors may sign the Guest Book and Registered Guests may introduce themselves. (Visitors are able to sign the Guest Book)

Re: Guest Book

Postby Daedalus » April 18th, 2022, 5:19 am

Adrascorix wrote:Hi all / Salut.

French here. Want to thanks all for all the work sorry my bad in english. Use google translate for help me.

I have been playing Heroquest since I was a child with my 4 brothers, and I am now interested in the new release and this community and others that allow me to play many more quests. Is there, or is there a translation area for the quests please by any chance? I'd like to know if there is a need to set up a French translation.

I would like to thank you in advance for your answer - help to direct me to the right section if needed.

I believe you want Board index ‹ Ye Olde Inn ‹ Ye Olde Inn Rooms ‹ Ye Olde Inn Translations ‹ Resource Translations.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Count Mohawk » May 7th, 2022, 2:50 am

Hi all, Count Mohawk here!

I've been in lurk mode for the last 4 years or so, but I've checked the Inn for new posts basically every day.
I'm glad to see that the Inn is still alive and well. And apparently there's been a re-release finally after 30 years?! Wow! Apparently dreams do come true if you dream them for long enough!

Anyway, just wanted to say hello to anyone who might remember me from the halcyon days of 2015-2018 or so.
I'm giving a personal shout-out to slev and Anderas, my two favorite posters from those days.

Despite my period of silence, Hero Quest is still alive and well in my house. One of these days I really do have to post up all the stuff I've brewed up for my players!
Thanks for keeping the fandom alive in my absence!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
Marquis of Math
Count Mohawk

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » May 21st, 2022, 11:46 am

Glad to see you're keeping tabs. I'm sure your family is being treated to a great game. Keep in touch, no matter how long you've been in stealth mode.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Pelkone » August 7th, 2023, 5:45 pm

Hello.
I don't quite feel like making a topic for such a small introduction, but after lurking for a good while I decided to join. I was aware of HeroQuest before, but only this year (after serendipitously finding a complete Space Crusade from a second hand store) I decided to purchase the Hasbro re-release.
My background is in miniature games, I first got into Warhammer some 15 years ago, but also have tinkered with Mordheim and 40K. Since then it's been an on and off -hobby.
We have a small group of three friends to play HQ, I'm the Zargon. Previously we have completed both Gloomhaven and Jaws of the Lion, so we have quite some experience when it comes to fantasy adventuring. From the start, we were all very actively pushing house rules to our HQ games. The Inn has been an excellent provider of inspiration, however pretty much of the stuff I have developed further for our group. Our group enjoys the simplicity and lightness of the rules and we don't wanna change the game too much, though. My biggest (and evilest) creation at the moment is my table of "Ploys" - basically Space Crusade's alien deck with 60 nasty tricks for Zargon. Oldhammerers know what I'm talking about when I say that Caslon Antique is a must, heh.
I'll be lurking here, maybe posting at times, but also admiring the creativity and passion of people here when it comes to HeroQuest.
(Do I get banned if I hypothetically said that HQ was the second best fantasy adventure game ever?) :lol:
Hey there! I am wearing pants.
Pelkone

Hero:

Postby SirRick » August 7th, 2023, 7:08 pm

Pelkone wrote: (Do I get banned if I hypothetically said that HQ was the second best fantasy adventure game ever?) :lol:

Yes.

I’m just kidding of course, but I can’t speak for those who run the place! Welcome to the Inn! |_P

Rewards:
Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
SirRick

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Special T » January 28th, 2024, 7:35 am

Hello, I just wanted to say "Thank you" to everyone on this site. It's AMAZING!

I grew up playing the original North American version of HeroQuest as a kid with my two brothers and loved it. I recently started purchasing the new remake editions and eventually found this site.

I never knew there were differences between the NA & EU versions of HeroQuest until stumbling on this site and now I've fallen into a rabbit hole of trying to see which is better Old vs New & NA vs EU versions and figuring out all the differences.
Special T

Hero:

Postby Wolf Scratch » January 29th, 2024, 2:09 am

Hello, Heroes of the Realm! Just created a new profile and joined because my old brain can’t remember if I had previously joined many suns ago!
Long time fan of HeroQuest from the first time I saw it in Toys R Us. Picked up all original US expansions as soon as they were released. Part of the Old Scratch forums. Designer of the Dwarf icon.
Wolf Scratch

Hero:

Postby Daedalus » January 31st, 2024, 12:43 pm

Welcome back and nice icon, graybeard!
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:

Postby Wolf Scratch » February 4th, 2024, 6:49 am

Hey! Who’re you calling a grey— *looks in mirror* Oh, right…

Ah, it’s good to be back!
Long time fan of HeroQuest from the first time I saw it in Toys R Us. Picked up all original US expansions as soon as they were released. Part of the Old Scratch forums. Designer of the Dwarf icon.
Wolf Scratch

Hero:

Postby NTompkins » March 11th, 2024, 11:40 am

Hello - I never played the original 1990s Milton Bradley/Games Workshop game, but I did scavenge the miniatures from it. Just received the new game and some expansions for my birthday. Tried our first game as a group and enjoyed it. Looking for ward to continuing the quest and trying the expansions. A bit surprised to or NOT to find Hasbro has made Heroquest Limited/Edition Collectable by adding "Mythic Tier" models and characters only available to the chhosen few????
I'm sad to see this game headed the way of ALL Games Workshop products where playability is sacrificed to collectability of $$$$$$$$
NTompkins

Previous

Return to Ye Olde Lobby