Jackyboy wrote:@ Sjeng - With the multiple storyline idea, I understand that the heroes will need to follow at least one path, but how would you make it possible for the heroes to take multiple paths. Simply ask them after each pathway is complete? or is it only after the third pathway is finished that they can progress? Either way I really like the idea of multiple pathways, makes for more replay value.......Thinking about it perhaps at the junction where the heroes could choose which pathway to take, they could throw a dice and let the dice decide???
Well, basically, you could decide beforehand how much quests you want to play. 25 is a long time to play. Then you could simply reveal a plot after 1 story arc, and move on to the next main quest, or decide they need to do more arcs, and only tell the heroes they can proceed after all three. It's up to Morcar really, or simply a matter of how much time your group has.
I'd simply write something like this in the questbook:
"Morcar may choose to have the heroes play through all three following story arcs, or choose one (whichever you prefer, or just roll a die), if time does not allow the heroes to play all three arcs"
Just a way to shorten the entire questbook. I'd play all three to be honest
