• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Ye Olde Inn 25th Anniversary HeroQuest quest pack

Brainstorming topics for the HeroQuest 25th Anniversary Quest Pack.

Re: Ye Olde Inn 25th Anniversary HeroQuest quest pack

Postby Sjeng » December 2nd, 2013, 7:20 am

I like the fond memory leaves. CK's idea with the 25 from before underneath it all, in a silver colour (difficult but doable) is cool with me :)

I did however like the leaves in your previous example better than these to be honest.
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Wizard
Wizard
 
Posts: 4536
Images: 92
Joined: July 26th, 2011, 9:58 am
Location: The Netherlands
Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Ye Olde Inn 25th Anniversary HeroQuest quest pack

Postby Goblin-King » December 2nd, 2013, 10:14 am

Isn't this acacia leaves?
Image
I couldn't find anything named acacia that looked like those CP made? Did I misunderstand something?

Anyways...
I really think we should keep the "25" in the logo.
And I really think we should keep it clean - Just plain silver. The Inn logo - if needed - belongs in a credit/acknowledgements section in my opinion.

I agree we should do it silver - that makes perfect sense.
From here I don't care much if we do one thing or another. Laurel/acacia/X/Y/Z it's all good

NOW THEN...

Opinions about chaos dwarfs?


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror
 
Posts: 3545
Images: 85
Joined: September 26th, 2011, 2:54 pm
Location: Sønderholm, Denmark
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Ye Olde Inn 25th Anniversary HeroQuest quest pack

Postby Sjeng » December 2nd, 2013, 11:00 am

I'm all for skaven and chaos monsters.
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Wizard
Wizard
 
Posts: 4536
Images: 92
Joined: July 26th, 2011, 9:58 am
Location: The Netherlands
Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: Ye Olde Inn 25th Anniversary HeroQuest quest pack

Postby TMU » December 2nd, 2013, 11:48 am

I'm cool, I don't have any chaos dwarfs tho :D
"There is no greater danger than playing it safe."


Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Second Lieutenant
TMU

Swordsman
Swordsman
 
Posts: 1870
Images: 15
Joined: November 17th, 2012, 2:55 pm
Location: Rauma, Finland
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: Ye Olde Inn 25th Anniversary HeroQuest quest pack

Postby Jackyboy » December 2nd, 2013, 12:36 pm

Chaos Dwarfs sound like an excellent idea! Would have to buy some but thats not a real big problem...i'll just have to work some over time ;) :lol:

Would it be possible to have Chaos Dwarfs and Skaven together in the campaign?
Last edited by Daedalus on February 3rd, 2015, 3:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: tag
Please PM me if any of my old links to files are currently down. I am in the process of hosting them somewhere new!

:)


Rewards:
Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Jackyboy

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain
 
Posts: 235
Images: 4
Joined: November 24th, 2013, 7:59 am
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Ye Olde Inn 25th Anniversary HeroQuest quest pack

Postby Goblin-King » December 2nd, 2013, 4:06 pm

Nothing is impossible Jackyboy. Personally though, I don't think it's sounds like the most obvious mix...

As for skaven... There exist official rules for:
Skaven Warrior - M12 - A2 - D2 - BP1 - MP1 - Have slings for ranged attacks with 1 die
White Seer - M6 - A3 - D3 - BP4 - MP1 - Can steal and use spells (short version)
Rat Ogre - M8 - A3 - D3 - BP1 - MP1 - No special rules

If the general consensus is to go the skaven route I'd personally prefer to stick with the official stats. Else it starts to get kinda messy...
Anyways I'm just gonna throw some ideas out there...

Chaos dwarfs:
Chaos Dwarf Warrior
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Excellent opportunity to create a new spell deck
CD Bull Centaurs?
A Manticore?
Some sort of Hellfire/Iron/Golem?
Manifestation of Hashut?
A Minotaur?

I think CD warriors, sorcerer and manticore would be awesome.

Another option could be Beastmen + mage + Minotaur

Regardless where we end up I think it should be just a few - not an entire bestiary! ;)
Last edited by Daedalus on February 3rd, 2015, 2:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: tag


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror
 
Posts: 3545
Images: 85
Joined: September 26th, 2011, 2:54 pm
Location: Sønderholm, Denmark
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Ye Olde Inn 25th Anniversary HeroQuest quest pack

Postby Jackyboy » December 2nd, 2013, 4:41 pm

ok sure sure thanks, as you say nothing is impossible...but you do want to stay within a theme. I'm not too clued up on the warhammer world with all its different races etc (although I will be reading up big time soon as I get the chance)

A minotuar would be great as I have a minotaur figure from Talisman 3rd Edition ;) :lol:
Please PM me if any of my old links to files are currently down. I am in the process of hosting them somewhere new!

:)


Rewards:
Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Jackyboy

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain
 
Posts: 235
Images: 4
Joined: November 24th, 2013, 7:59 am
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Ye Olde Inn 25th Anniversary HeroQuest quest pack

Postby Hero_Of_Retro » December 2nd, 2013, 7:09 pm

Sjeng wrote:Or perhaps this!!

25-logo-yoi.png


Tadaaaah! You should see it against a darker background though. It's transparent with a white edge. looks good on black.


Nice! I love how this has turned out so far. :)


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Hero_Of_Retro

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman
 
Posts: 389
Images: 2
Joined: May 8th, 2013, 4:16 pm
Location: Scotland. UK.
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Ye Olde Inn 25th Anniversary HeroQuest quest pack

Postby wolfie907 » December 2nd, 2013, 10:20 pm

im all for chaos dwarves and I like the idea of minotaurs and beastmen to break it up a little or as big bads
Last edited by Daedalus on February 3rd, 2015, 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tag


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
wolfie907

Elven Archer
Elven Archer
 
Posts: 543
Joined: September 28th, 2012, 2:42 am
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Ye Olde Inn 25th Anniversary HeroQuest quest pack

Postby chaoticprime » December 2nd, 2013, 10:32 pm

Goblin-King wrote:Isn't this acacia leaves?
Image
I couldn't find anything named acacia that looked like those CP made? Did I misunderstand something?

Anyways...
I really think we should keep the "25" in the logo.
And I really think we should keep it clean - Just plain silver. The Inn logo - if needed - belongs in a credit/acknowledgements section in my opinion.

I agree we should do it silver - that makes perfect sense.
From here I don't care much if we do one thing or another. Laurel/acacia/X/Y/Z it's all good

NOW THEN...

Opinions about chaos dwarfs?


Ha! I looked at the wrong picture in my book. The definitions of each symbol are kept like a dictionary, while all the images are in another section of the book. I just looked at the wrong picture, and the image I yanked off the web just wasn't labeled.

The only apparent difference between acacias and laurels are that the leaves of the former have rounded tips, while the latter's are pointed.


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
User avatar
chaoticprime
Practically Lives Here

Swordsman
Swordsman
 
Posts: 1939
Images: 0
Joined: February 10th, 2013, 3:38 am
Location: Kansas City
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to HQ25th Brainstorming

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest