• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

The Epic Painting Quest

Tips and tricks for painting miniatures and anything else.

Re: The Epic Painting Quest

Postby benvoliothefirst » September 15th, 2017, 1:10 pm

Figomurphy wrote:
penis-shaped car! That's a bit harsh.

Two promises I made to myself when I was significantly younger and poorer than I am know:

First: To someday make a 3D heroquest dungeon and paint the set. I'm well on the way to doing this.

Second: In 1995 I walked into Mercedes showroom in Dublin with my best friend and his Dad to collect his Dads new Mercedes SL320 convertable. I totally fell in love with the car. The old guy in the showroom saw my awe, gave me a brochure and a Mercedes keyring and told me to keep it until I owned my dream car.
Two years ago my friend called me and told me his Dads old car was back in the showroom where he'd bought it all those years before. I went in, bought the car, and the put the key onto the keyring the oldman had given me over 20 years ago (he had died 15 years earlier). I drove out of the showroom and cried with happiness.

Every middled age guy behind the wheel of a nice car is not going through a crises, some are only now able to fulful promises made to themselves in their youth.

Thumbs up to the 60 year old on the green Ninja.

First: Nice!

Second: oh, my Goddess I'm crying. What a beautiful story. Congratulations. Was it the same model of car, or actually your friend's Dad's?
wickedmetal.blogspot.com <--I paint HeroQuest!
My players' monthly game results
Mods I Use:
Base Quests in four difficulty steps by Anderas
Random Events by Jacob Busby (pg.5)
Karlen's Circlet by AerynB/drathe/sajungzak
Heartfelt thanks to all of you who have worked to enrich the world of HeroQuest!
Goblin-King wrote:When life gives you lemons, squeeze those lemons into your eyes, enter a berserker rage and punch life in the face!

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
benvoliothefirst

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: The Epic Painting Quest

Postby Figomurphy » September 15th, 2017, 2:08 pm

It was the actual car. Like myself it had aged a bit but I was still very happy. Now back to the 3D dungeon..

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges.
Figomurphy

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Previous

Return to Painting