• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

[4th] Ye Olde Inn Christmas 2015 Exchange

Topics and Rules for Christmas and Christmas in July miniature exchanges are discussed in this room.

[4th] Ye Olde Inn Christmas 2015 Exchange

Postby tasoe » September 3rd, 2015, 7:13 pm

Are we gonna do this or what? It's been two years since the last one.

I'll get things going on since no one else is taking charge.

For people who haven't taken part in a previous one, it works like secret santa. If you don't know what secret santa is, look it up.

Procedure:
1. People sign up here and I collect the names/addresses up via pm until the end of September.
2. I make a draw so each participant has someone to send to and someone (other) to receive from. (Ideally a non-participant can make the draw for me as I want my sender to be a surprise).
3. People paint something for their recipient, and send it by the end of November.
4. People receive their gift in December and post pictures of them.

Rules:
1. Participants have to PAINT a heroquest figure.
2. Participants are NOT to reveal their recipient or their sender, until everyone has received their figure.
3. Participants are expected to commit to this. If they can't do it for certain, then they shouldn't sign up.

Guidelines:
1. Regarding rule 1, I say that the painting part is mandatory. If someone wants to convert something as well it is allowed of course, but the finished result should be painted up.
2. Don't feel like you have to paint something exquisite and that if you are not that good then you shouldn't join in. It's a fun thing and the level of the painted figures is irrelevant. Just paint however you can. It's always been that way, you can read the comments of the previous exchanges.
3. If you finish your figure way earlier than the deadline, hold on to it and send it near the end of November. In any case, please DO NOT post any photo of a received figure before November 30.
4. It's customary to paint your name under the base of the figure you're sending.

If something important is forgotten, please let me know.

Any suggestions or questions are welcome and should be posted here freely.

List of participants:
1. tasoe
2. Ivenbach
3. wolfie907
4. EvilWizardCharacter
5. knightkrawler
6. Baylor_OgreBane
7. Goblin-King
8. Anderas
9. Ulver
10. mako-heart
11. sajungzak
12. billdask
13. scoundrel
14. Jackyboy
15. guitarhulk
16. Decipher

The results:
Baylor-OgreBane - sent a mean Fimir to jackyboy
ImageImage

Anderas - sent three goblin archers to Billdask
ImageImage

knightkrawler - sent an Ogre to mako-heart

Goblin-King - sent a good old fashioned Orc to Ulver

Billdask - sent a Sinestra out of resin to Goblin-King
ImageImage

tasoe - sent an orc shaman to sajungzak

Jackyboy - sent an Orc to KnightKrawler (and his first ever painted mini, to the right in the picture.)

scoundrel - sent a christmastree Gargoyle to Wolfie907

ajungzak - sent a bloody Orc to decipher

Ulver - sent a Chaos Warrior of Nurgle to Sjeng

Sjeng - sent a Chaos Warrior of Electric Magic to guitarhulk

IvenBach - sent a Barbarian to Anderas

guitarhulk - sent an Orc Boss (Reaper Bones Bugbear) to Ivenbach
ImageImage

tasoe wrote:ok, it has been a long wait but my figure has finally arrived. It's from EvilWizardCharacter and it's one of the rarest figures about, an elven archer from the elf quest pack.
here he is:
ImageImage

I'm having x-mas in january, thanks EvilWizardCharacter!
Last edited by Daedalus on September 3rd, 2018, 5:46 pm, edited 17 times in total.
Reason: Added image links

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
tasoe

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: [4th] Ye Olde Inn Christmas 2015 Exchange

Postby IvenBach » September 3rd, 2015, 7:35 pm

YASE! I would like to participate. I have the time and somehow am getting results that please myself.

For those that think you have to be a good painter, you don't... My first one was laughably bad but I still took pride in having painted it and sent it. Bildask, I'm pretty sure it was him, will surely agree it wasn't well done.

Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
IvenBach
The NEEEEEEEEEEEERD!!!

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby wolfie907 » September 3rd, 2015, 11:56 pm

Id be happy to get in on this

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
wolfie907

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby EvilWizardCharacter » September 4th, 2015, 12:58 am

This is great. I'm in.

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
EvilWizardCharacter

Orc
Orc

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » September 4th, 2015, 1:01 am

tasoe wrote:Procedure:

2. I make a draw so each participant has someone to send to and someone (other) to receive from. (Ideally a non-participant can make the draw for me as I want my sender to be a surprise).

If something important is forgotten, please let me know.

I can do the draw. I'm likely not going to participate this year due to working two jobs, helping out with a Kickstarter and trying to get Champion of the Empire complete... plus other Inn and life-type stuff.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » September 4th, 2015, 1:14 am

I'm in this time.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby IvenBach » September 4th, 2015, 1:26 am

drathe wrote:I can do the draw. I'm likely not going to participate this year due to working two jobs, helping out with a Kickstarter and trying to get Champion of the Empire complete... plus other Inn and life-type stuff.

Sarcasm: I think you need to rethink your priorities drathe /Sarcasm I'm glad I can participate. Just need to figure out that I'm going to make.

Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
IvenBach
The NEEEEEEEEEEEERD!!!

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Baylor_OgreBane » September 4th, 2015, 6:23 am

count me in :D

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Baylor_OgreBane

High Mage
High Mage

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » September 4th, 2015, 2:03 pm

I love this but I havent painted in months due to life... And that will probably stay like that for a while so I probably won't be able to participate... When is the deadline?
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » September 4th, 2015, 2:29 pm

Christmas?
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Next

Return to Miniature Exchange Room