• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

[3rd] Ye Olde Inn Christmas 2013 Exchange

Topics and Rules for Christmas and Christmas in July miniature exchanges are discussed in this room.

Re: Ye Olde Inn Christmas 2013 Exchange

Postby TMU » August 4th, 2013, 7:36 pm

chaoticprime wrote:Can I exchange a custom bit of furniture? They're technically miniatures, but not specifically miniatures. I am working on some custom stuff that is pretty cool.

Works for me :)
"There is no greater danger than playing it safe."

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Second Lieutenant
TMU

Swordsman
Swordsman

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Jewels! » August 4th, 2013, 8:53 pm

I'd jump in too but whoever received a mini from me would not be pleased.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Jewels!
A diamond in the rough

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » August 5th, 2013, 2:34 am

I'll skip this one. Not enough time I'm afraid, and still waiting for my Bones. Besides, I don't have any minis left to give away. All my HQ stuff is nearly done. I just can't commit to anything right now with work, a baby and a wife all demanding attention :P
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby bruenor » August 5th, 2013, 2:37 am

Count me in.

I'd say no to furniture, and just stick to miniatures themselves, but rule out any skeletons as they always seem to get broken in the post.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges.
bruenor

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby tasoe » August 5th, 2013, 3:19 am

Jewels! wrote:I'd jump in too but whoever received a mini from me would not be pleased.
You shouldn't have any concerns over your painting skills. They are irrelevant to this exchange. Just take part and enjoy the process.

Sjeng wrote:I'll skip this one. Not enough time I'm afraid, and still waiting for my Bones. Besides, I don't have any minis left to give away. All my HQ stuff is nearly done. I just can't commit to anything right now with work, a baby and a wife all demanding attention :P
I guess you volunteer to do the draw then? Although that could take some time as well.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
tasoe

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » August 5th, 2013, 3:37 am

yeah sure, I can do the draw.
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Spiky » August 5th, 2013, 3:52 am

tasoe wrote:
Jewels! wrote:I'd jump in too but whoever received a mini from me would not be pleased.
You shouldn't have any concerns over your painting skills. They are irrelevant to this exchange. Just take part and enjoy the process.

I'll second this - the exchange is about getting something fun from other forum members so I'd be delighted for you to join in! :)

So we have:

1) No skeletons this time please! :skeleton:

2) Sign ups between now and 1st October, then a draw in October for posting as close to 1st December as possible? I quite like the idea of this but also want to give people time to do something specific once they know who they're getting. Hopefully a month will be enough for people to match basing etc. if they want to?

3) Furniture... seems at the minute some are for and some are against. I'll say no for the time being (sorry Chaoticprime). However to help with this one I do have a lot of spare minis and I'll be happy to mail something out if anyone doesn't have anything spare to paint themselves. There's also ebay of course!

4) No sneak previews of what you're painting, and no mention of who sent you something until everyone has received their minis - people can try to guess from the pictures!

Cheers!
Steven

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie!
Spiky

Necromancer
Necromancer

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Big Bene » August 5th, 2013, 4:19 am

Well, I loved the 1012 exchange, so after I had to skip the last one, I'm in.
I'll have much less time (newborn son demands all my attention), however, so don't expect anything great...
Don't know what I will do this time (since Spiky stole my idea with the magnetized mercenary - did it better than I ever could, however :D ).

I'm not really happy with the rules as written...
  • No skeletons? WTF?! I love skeletons!
    :skeleton: :skeleton: :skeleton:
    Of course it's a pity when another original mini breaks, but contributers should be grown up enough to take the reponisbility to pack every mini the way it requires. As much as I see, until now two skeletons broke in our exchanges. I don't know about the other one, but the one I sent I had taken apart for modding anyway - it was just the joint where I had glued it that became loose, so no real damage was done.
    But then again - I won't send two skeletons in a row, so that rule wn't affect me (though I'd like to receive one).
  • Schedules - I've enough schedules to meet at work and what they call "live" out there. Here I want to have fun. Of course the minis should arrive before christmas, and it can be helpful to have a fixed date well before this to keep an eye on, but some people here seem to take this much too serious. If it stops beeing fun and starts to become work, I'm out.
  • Furniture - why not? It's an integral part of HQ, and made for a good part of it's appeal back in the 80's. Fantasy minis had been around for quite some time then, but the furniture made HQ stand out.
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby TMU » August 5th, 2013, 4:32 am

Hey, another idea, I'm thinking of leaving my mini till the christmas, if it arrives before that. Could everyone post pictures on 24th and 25th of december?
"There is no greater danger than playing it safe."

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Second Lieutenant
TMU

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Big Bene » August 5th, 2013, 4:39 am

TMU wrote:Hey, another idea, I'm thinking of leaving my mini till the christmas, if it arrives before that. Could everyone post pictures on 24th and 25th of december?
I definitely will unpack my mini under the chistmas tree (if it arrives before).
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Miniature Exchange Room