• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

[1st] Ye Olde Inn Figure exchange - pics on page 1!

Topics and Rules for Christmas and Christmas in July miniature exchanges are discussed in this room.

[1st] Ye Olde Inn Figure exchange - pics on page 1!

Postby Spiky » October 25th, 2012, 1:29 pm

Hi,

UPDATE! All models have now arrived with the contributors! :D

Tasoe received an amazing converted Chaos Warrior from Goblin-King
ImageImage
ImageImage

Goblin-King received a nice High Mage from Spiky:
ImageImage

Spiky received a cool Goblin from Wolfie907:
ImageImage

Wolfie907 received a lovely re-engineered Skeleton from Big Bene!
ImageImage
ImageImage

Big Bene received a fantastic converted Orc from Tasoe!
ImageImageImageImageImage

When we get more/better pictures in, I'll add them to the images above! I just want to say a big thanks all of you for contributing and I hope you had as much enjoyment from this as I did! :D

===================================================================================================

This is something I saw on another forum, the idea is we all paint a model and send it to another forum member.

I thought it might be fun to do this between now and Christmas if anyone is interested?

In!
Spiky
tasoe
Goblin-King
Big Bene
Wolfie907

The plan:

1) On Monday 5th November, I'll randomly select the entrants and PM them to confirm which forum member they are painting a mini for (so it'll be a surprise for the recipient)

2) You need to reply giving me your name and shipping address

3) You then need to paint any Heroquest model from the original game or official expansions. This isn't a painting competition but hopefully everyone will do their best efforts! :D

4) The model needs to be completed by Friday 7th December to allow time to be shipped to the recipient - hopefully this means we can all get our minis before the holidays - does this sound like enough time for everybody? If not we can delay until the new year if needed!

5) Please paint your forum name under the base of the mini so the recipient knows who painted it for them.

Please let me know if this doesn't work. I promise that I won't rig it so that you're all sending models to me!

Cheers,
Steven
Last edited by Daedalus on December 18th, 2017, 12:40 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Reason: Added image links

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie!
Spiky

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Figure exchange - anyone want to try this?

Postby tasoe » October 25th, 2012, 1:36 pm

count me in

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
tasoe

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » October 25th, 2012, 2:06 pm

Sounds fun, but I don't really have spare heroes and bosses :(

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Spiky » October 25th, 2012, 6:19 pm

No worries, I'm open to suggestions on this :-)

I assume we should limit the figure choice to Heroquest or compatible figures?

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie!
Spiky

Necromancer
Necromancer

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » October 26th, 2012, 10:32 am

As long as "normal" monsters is okay I'm all in. It would indeed make most sense if the figure is HQ or at least compatible. How do we define compatible?

It could also be funny if we got our gift receivers randomly and in secret (somehow). That way we wouldn't know whose figure we'd receive until we actually got it.
Maybe someone could be in charge of names and addresses. Also he could randomize who get who.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Spiky » October 26th, 2012, 10:55 am

Hi,

Sure! I was thinking of randomising the entrants and then either pairing people up to send and receive via PM's. It might be funnier to have it 'secret Santa' style and have the recipient not know what they're getting or from who...

I'm happy either way and I guess any regular heroquest figure should be fine too. Keeping it just to standard heroquest monsters would probably be the easiest option...

In terms of deadlines, it would be good to get figures done in time for the Christmas holiday, but that might be cutting it fine depending on how long we take to confirm the plan.

I'll start adding interested people and details to the opening post.

Cheers,
Steven

Rewards:
Spiky

Necromancer
Necromancer

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Big Bene » October 29th, 2012, 4:56 am

I'm in.
|_P
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Spiky » October 30th, 2012, 1:58 pm

Ok, seeing as there's at least 4 of us, how does this sound?

1) On Monday 5th November, I'll randomly select the entrants and PM them to confirm which forum member they are painting a mini for (so it'll be a surprise for the recipient)

2) You need to reply giving me your name and shipping address

3) You then need to paint any Heroquest model from the original game or official expansions. This isn't a painting competition but hopefully everyone will do their best efforts! :D

4)The model needs to be completed by Friday 7th December to allow time to be shipped to the recipient - hopefully this means we can all get our minis before the holidays - does this sound like enough time for everybody? If not we can delay until the new year if needed!

5) Please paint your forum name under the base of the mini so the recipient knows who painted it for them.

Please let me know if this doesn't work. I promise that I won't rig it so that you're all sending models to me! ;)

Cheers,
Steven

Rewards:
Spiky

Necromancer
Necromancer

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » October 30th, 2012, 4:06 pm

Sounds good to me - I'm in

Hopefully a few more will join in now the "rules" are in place. But four are enough to not feel stupid :lol:

Rewards:
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby torilen » October 30th, 2012, 5:18 pm

Sounds like a great idea. Sounds like lots of fun.

Don't count me in though. I don't even have a full set of HQ original minis, and
I doubt I'll have time to paint anything...got too many other painting projects that
would have to come first, should I have the time.

If this keeps going in the future, though, I will try to join in. Good job Spiky.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Next

Return to Miniature Exchange Room