• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Japanese HeroQuest: Screen Translation

Members who have translated, or would like to translate any Resources that weren't originally released in their language, or is unavailable on the Home Page may post their progress and results in this forum.

Re: Japanese HeroQuest: Screen Translation

Postby HispaZargon » Monday August 2nd, 2021 6:16pm

Daedalus wrote:Trap disable Disarming a Trap
During its movement, the Dwarf can stop at the adjacent square of only one trap and disable it. (More details on page 16 of the Rules of Play) During movement, the Dwarf may stop adjacent to a single trap and disarm it. (Details on page 16 of the Rules of Play)

[Though your translation is fine, I personally don't like the last part of "During a single move" added from the Japanese screen. That means if a Dwarf happens to move adjacent to a trap and then search for it as an action, he can't remove it until the movement of the next turn--feels wonky. Does the p.16 translation repeat this tules change?]

Hi, about this, our "current" Japanese-to-English translation says at page 16 the following:

V. THE DWARF’S SPECIAL ABILITY
The Dwarf has the ability to disable traps while moving. Each time the Dwarf moves, he can disable one trap. He can disable Pitfalls and Crushes. To disable a trap, he must be on an adjacent square to the trap he wishes to disable. The disabled trap is removed from the game board, and may be passed through freely. The Dwarf does not use up Movement when disabling a trap, but his Movement that turn ends after disabling a trap, even if he has Movement remaining.
HispaZargon

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: Español

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby HispaZargon » Monday August 2nd, 2021 6:25pm

Hi everyone,

I am glad to share with you the first version of my translated Screen of Hero Quest's Japanese Edition. I have done it according to previous discussions but of course, it would be improved if needed. Please, check it for comments.

My Thanks to Daedalus & Krugan for their invaluable collaboration.

HQ_Japanese_Screen_in_English_v1.0_by_HispaZargon.pdf

Remark: As previously discussed, several terms and style of this translated screen do not exactly match with my already written Rules of Play (version 1.1) but it will be accordingly updated to those changes.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by HispaZargon on Monday August 9th, 2021 2:06pm, edited 2 times in total.
HispaZargon

Necromancer
Necromancer

Postby Daedalus » Wednesday August 4th, 2021 3:58pm

The p. 16 description makes things clear, so I guess the screen issue, though minor, won't matter. Let it stand, I say.

Your welcome for the assistance. Every once in a while it's time to earn my self-proclaimed title. ;)
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Kurgan » Wednesday August 4th, 2021 8:56pm

Congrats on completing phase 2 of a neat little project! |_P :barbarian: :dwarf: :elf: :wizard:

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Kurgan

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby HispaZargon » Monday August 9th, 2021 12:07pm

Hi,

As above mentioned, I have already updated the Rules of Play according to the same terms used for the screen translation. You can find the new version of the rules in this post.

Rules of Play and Screen translation finished :-), the next phase will be the Quest Book... here.
Last edited by HispaZargon on Tuesday August 10th, 2021 11:08am, edited 2 times in total.
HispaZargon

Necromancer
Necromancer

Postby Kurgan » Monday August 9th, 2021 12:11pm

Very cool. If you do a booklet version, it would be very cool to print that out someday!

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Kurgan

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby HispaZargon » Monday August 9th, 2021 2:13pm

Kurgan wrote:Very cool. If you do a booklet version, it would be very cool to print that out someday!

Yeah, of course I will probably do it and share in the future but I think is better firstly having a mature ellectronic version of all the game contents since minor modifications could appear in the already translated items so, step by step.
HispaZargon

Necromancer
Necromancer

Previous

Return to Resource Translations