• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Need the password to translate some cards

Members who have translated, or would like to translate any Resources that weren't originally released in their language, or is unavailable on the Home Page may post their progress and results in this forum.

Need the password to translate some cards

Postby flaviodupim » May 24th, 2013, 12:53 pm

Greetings fellows,

My name is Flavio and i live in Brazil. I played Hero Quest for the first time in 1994, when Estrela released the game here.

But the company stopped to publish Hero Quest some years later the releasing. Almost 20 years has passed and today my game has a lot of pieces missing.

I dowloaded the official material in english here in Ye Olde Ynn but, to my surprise, it is locked for edition, protected by a password. I would like to restore my game to play with my teenagers niece and cousin.

Could you please give to me this password to help me translate to portuguese the cards? After the work is done I will disponibilize all the translation to other brazilian players here in Ye Olde Inn.

Thanks in advance.
flaviodupim

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Need the password to translate some cards

Postby Sjeng » May 24th, 2013, 1:17 pm

I think someone was already working on a Brazilian translation of the entire game. Try searching for it on the forum and on the website. It seems it's not finished yet, but I hope it will be soon. Keep an eye on the forum :)

ps: I moved your topic to the appropriate place.
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby flaviodupim » May 24th, 2013, 2:14 pm

Sjeng wrote:I think someone was already working on a Brazilian translation of the entire game. Try searching for it on the forum and on the website. It seems it's not finished yet, but I hope it will be soon. Keep an eye on the forum :)

ps: I moved your topic to the appropriate place.

Sjeng,
Good evening!

There is very few material there. No cards, no characters.

Could you please send the password on PM to me?
flaviodupim

Hero:

Postby Sjeng » May 24th, 2013, 4:56 pm

I don't have the password, as I didn't create the files. I have requested it as well, because I wanted to remake some cards as well, but it seems the owner either doesn't have it anymore, or is unwilling to pass it along.
There is, however, a photoshop template for making your own custom cards. And all the base game and expansion card images are on the forum (somewhere). Don't have time to find out for you at the moment, but I'll see if I can mail you the photoshop file.
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Patroclus » May 24th, 2013, 7:24 pm

I shouldn’t say that, but because the owner obviously is disappeared, I can say that any pdf password can be broken with simple programs you can find on the web.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Patroclus

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby flaviodupim » May 24th, 2013, 7:35 pm

Patroclus wrote:I shouldn’t say that, but because the owner obviously is disappeared, I can say that any pdf password can be broken with simple programs you can find on the web.

Well, I tried twice and I didnt get it.
flaviodupim

Hero:

Postby Patroclus » May 25th, 2013, 8:16 am

Try with PDF Password Remover

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Patroclus

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby washi » September 30th, 2013, 7:35 am

I'm Brazilian too, Flavio. What material do you need?

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
washi

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior

Forum Language: Português (Brasil)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Return to Resource Translations