• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Casting plastics and taking names.

Guests may gather here to barter their goods, let others know what items they are searching for and post links to items others may be interested in. Or just vent about the outrageous prices on eBay.
Forum rules
Ye Olde Inn is not responsible for the trades/purchases made in this forum. Please exchange private information and transaction details via PM.

Re: Casting plastics and taking names.

Postby cynthialee » February 22nd, 2012, 1:06 pm

have you cast any of the common mini's?
A full set of pewter HQ minis would rock.

Thinking that they would look great as is with just a varnish to prevent patina. (I hates patina!)
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
~Sun Tsu The art of War~

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Swordsman
Swordsman

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Sinned » February 22nd, 2012, 1:41 pm

Patroclus wrote:Image
Take a look at my replicas. There are no bubbles or anything else, except the bases where technically is very difficult to be perfect (for example, the base of the orc shaman in the photo). Of course if you paint them you can’t find a difference from the original.

Do you sell these? Or can you make some for me? (of course, I''ll pay you)

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters.
Sinned

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:

Postby Daedalus » February 22nd, 2012, 3:34 pm

Nephew of Mentor wrote:Are there images somewhere? I don't see them but I would like to. Also, I wish I could provide for the other expansions, sadly, I cannot.

If you mean images of the originals for comparison, there are pictures of all the figures from Hero Quest and its expansion sets here at the Inn. Normally, go to the Homepage, click any set (such as Game System) and scroll down to Miniatures. Clicking that button will take you to pics of any set, but scrolling up or down shows them all, anyway. This link will shorten the process- just scroll down.

@Patroclus-
Those are some nice casts!
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Patroclus » February 22nd, 2012, 4:21 pm

cynthialee wrote:have you cast any of the common mini's?
A full set of pewter HQ minis would rock.

Thinking that they would look great as is with just a varnish to prevent patina. (I hates patina!)

Yes, this is what I want to do... The metallic figures have perfect weight and can’t be broken. So when my kids will grow, I won’t afraid to let them play with these. But I have to wait some years until then. :D

Also, the pewter’s cost is ok (not so cheap as the lead, but the lead is toxic and the use is banned in Europe) but the mold is expensive and I need a lot to make all the basic set, so for now I am focused to find all the rare minis. I am sure there are a lot of people out there who can make some molds, and I am hoping they won’t let our favorite minis extinct.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Patroclus

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Patroclus » February 22nd, 2012, 4:34 pm

For now I am interested to get the minis from the rare expansions. “mage of mirror”, “frozen horror” and the ogre champion of “ogre horde”. So, I give minis as a gift to the people who have and want to send me (borrow) their rare minis. But for those who have nothing from the above you can message me in private.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Patroclus

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Usergroups:

Postby Sjeng » February 26th, 2012, 5:42 am

Keeping an eye on this untill you have all the rare mini's complete. I'd be interested in a full set of pewter mini's, if I can afford it :P
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Patroclus » February 26th, 2012, 3:51 pm

If you exclude the “kellars keep” and the “return of the witch lord”, the basic set + ogres + wizards of zargon + mage of mirror + frozen throne have 77 miniatures. If you exclude the mercenaries of the barbarians pack (which are the same with those from the wizards of zargon) and the 4 orges of the elf pack (which are the same with the ogre’s expansion) there are 67 miniatures. I can’t say the cost for all these miniatures for now, but I want to make it cheaper than a rare expansion of ebay.

Rewards:
Patroclus

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Usergroups:

Postby cynthialee » February 26th, 2012, 4:02 pm

A full set of all 67 Mini's in Pewter would be absolutely awesome. (so long as the quality of the mini's are up to snuff)

The mercinaries would be the hard part I think. You would have to make a full set of each mercinary type, because there is no way you are going to be able to make the merc's with interchangeable weapons in pewter.

(is imagining a full set of HQ mini's in .999 silver or copper)
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
~Sun Tsu The art of War~

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Patroclus » February 26th, 2012, 4:05 pm

I have not made a mercenary yet, but I hope I can do it. I will tell you in about one or two weeks... they are coming...

Now I need the “mage of mirror”, and “frozen horror” miniatures:
From mage of mirror, I need the hero, 1 elf with sword, 1 elf with bow, the wizard and 1 wolf
From frozen horror, I need the hero, 1 gremlin, 1 yeti, 1 warbear, 1 frozen horror

If someone want to borrow me some or all of these miniatures feel free to ask me what or how many miniatures from pewter you want as a gift.

Rewards:
Patroclus

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Usergroups:

Postby Sjeng » February 26th, 2012, 4:30 pm

Mercenaries are actually easily replaced by Britonians (sp?) from Warhammer. Those should be easy to get, even though they are not exactly the original HQ ones (because the Warhammer ones have evolved).
But a complete set would be sweet :)
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Ye Olde Market