• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Various lots on ebay

Guests may gather here to barter their goods, let others know what items they are searching for and post links to items others may be interested in. Or just vent about the outrageous prices on eBay.
Forum rules
Ye Olde Inn is not responsible for the trades/purchases made in this forum. Please exchange private information and transaction details via PM.

Re: Various lots on ebay

Postby Goblin-King » July 4th, 2017, 4:03 pm

Irish Wolf wrote:Its a pity in a way, but I guess as they become more rare prices will rise, sad thing is I once had at the game and all the expansions and the whole lot went into the skip when my old lad sold his house.

I honestly don't believe it's a matter of rarity. Rarity caused the prices we had a couple of years ago. There's no way the game has become that much rare. Copies don't disappear just because someone buys them.
I rather think there has somehow been a rise in interest. Possible spurred by HQ25.

@ j_dean:
Out of pure curiosity, which parts were missing? I'd say missing parts in this expansion is a kinda big deal. It's not like a missing door or orc in the game system.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby j_dean80 » July 4th, 2017, 5:17 pm

Goblin-King wrote:
Irish Wolf wrote:Its a pity in a way, but I guess as they become more rare prices will rise, sad thing is I once had at the game and all the expansions and the whole lot went into the skip when my old lad sold his house.

I honestly don't believe it's a matter of rarity. Rarity caused the prices we had a couple of years ago. There's no way the game has become that much rare. Copies don't disappear just because someone buys them.
I rather think there has somehow been a rise in interest. Possible spurred by HQ25.

@ j_dean:
Out of pure curiosity, which parts were missing? I'd say missing parts in this expansion is a kinda big deal. It's not like a missing door or orc in the game system.

Was missing the quest book, the orc shaman, and the magic reference chart. Easily found the missing parts.
Blood - Good to the last drop

Ye Olde Inn Quest Design Competition 2024 Joint Winner

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby mitchiemasha » July 4th, 2017, 5:49 pm

It's probably being bought by the same people when at a low price, bumping the price. This happens a lot with many things. The same happened with the base game. I once seen a listing that was possibly a hundred or so copies of the game, a few grand, many not boxed, big tubs full of all the minis. This guy must have been buying all the cheap sets for a good few years.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Prince
mitchiemasha

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » July 5th, 2017, 10:58 am

It's the anticipation and later the failure of HQ25 that's partially responsible for this price hike.
by the way, German expansions haven't done that hike.
You can still get Morcars Magier and Gegen die Ogre Horden for around 100 bucks without box.
Karak Varn and Rückkehr des Hexers have seen a 50% markup maybe.
The base game, now that's gotten more expensive, auction, buy-it-now, Master Edition...
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Figomurphy » July 5th, 2017, 5:10 pm

I've been offered the complete base game for €65 complete, with box. Is it that a good price?

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges.
Figomurphy

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Irish Wolf » July 5th, 2017, 5:32 pm

Figomurphy wrote:I've been offered the complete base game for €65 complete, with box. Is it that a good price?

Not bad at all average seems to be around €100 at the minute.
Irish Wolf

Goblin
Goblin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » July 5th, 2017, 11:19 pm

Figomurphy wrote:I've been offered the complete base game for €65 complete, with box. Is it that a good price?

If cardboard and plastic are in shape, the small furniture connectors for the undersides are there, the candlesticks are not broken, the minis are unpainted,
the booklets unscribbled, and the box not beaten into submission... yeah, that's a good price.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby j_dean80 » July 5th, 2017, 11:27 pm

knightkrawler wrote:

If cardboard and plastic are in shape, the small furniture connectors for the undersides are there, the candlesticks are not broken, the minis are unpainted,
the booklets unscribbled, and the box not beaten into submission... yeah, that's a good price.

Oh, you mean a sealed one?
Blood - Good to the last drop

Ye Olde Inn Quest Design Competition 2024 Joint Winner

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » July 5th, 2017, 11:28 pm

No, a nice one does the job.

Rewards:
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Decipher » July 14th, 2017, 5:38 am

Holy crap. I would so love to punch this dude in the face. If he happens to be one of you in here, I would still love to punch you in the face. $150.00? C'mon man. :roll: :x

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Heroquest-Quest ... SwDrNZScF6

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Decipher

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Ye Olde Market