• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Various lots on ebay

Guests may gather here to barter their goods, let others know what items they are searching for and post links to items others may be interested in. Or just vent about the outrageous prices on eBay.
Forum rules
Ye Olde Inn is not responsible for the trades/purchases made in this forum. Please exchange private information and transaction details via PM.

Re: Available on eBay

Postby Goblin-King » September 14th, 2016, 9:32 am

MadMickyG wrote:Saw this for sale on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/hero-quest-/ ... SwgmJXxA3T

Has Main Game, KK, AtOH, WoM, RofWL and a custom table.

Bit out of my price range, but a good buy for someone who can afford it.

Why on earth didn't he use the correct font? :|

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Geofonos » September 29th, 2016, 4:15 am

Striker wrote:Sorry but that is nothing. Check this beast out!!!

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/HEROQUEST-6-EXP ... Ciid%253A7

That listing is up there for quite a while. It's highly overpriced and I think I can back that up.

Let's break it down a bit. Remember that we are talking about sealed items. So, we shall take sold listings under consideration - if there are any - and also exaggerate about the price a bit, just for laughs.

HeroQuest Core Game: I've seen it around 300 Euros, regardless of the version. So lets say 400 EUR.
Kellar's Keep Expansion: Usual price is around 100 EUR. We'll say 150 EUR.
Return of the Witch Lord Expansion: Same as Kellar's Keep. We'll say 150 EUR again.
Wizards of Morcar Expansion: It's the UK version which is much sought after. Latest sealed item sold was 400 EUR. We'll say 500 EUR.
Barbarian Quest Pack Expansion: I've seen a couple of unpunched sold for 400 EUR. Considering the shrinkwrap and our little help, lets say 600 EUR.
Elf Quest Pack: Pretty much the same as BQP. Let's say 600 EUR.
Adventure Design Kit: I've seen them come and go at around 40-70 EUR. Sealed and bumped by us, lets say 150 EUR.

Please note that the listing is missing the AtOH expansion. Funny, because its not that hard to get, compared to others.
Also, note that when selling a "lot" which is what this really is, you want to lower the total price a bit in order to lure buyers. You don't blow the price up to scare them off!
So, adding up the above "through the roof" prices, gives us a total of 2550 EURO for the lot. He is asking for 100 EUR shipping which is decent considering the lot's price and the insurance. Final price for the buyer is 2650 EURO. Removing 13% ebay and paypal fees, the seller would eventually get 2650 - 344,5 EUR = 2305,5 EURO.

At the moment, he is asking for 4850 EUR, shipping included. Minus the 13% fees, he would earn 4219 EUR. So, he is asking almost double of what we thought as exaggerated prices would be. He knows he won't sell that. I think that this is a listing in order to welcome possible buyers into other listings of his.

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Geofonos

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion

Forum Language: Ελληνικά
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Striker » September 29th, 2016, 5:18 am

Lighten up, I know it's overpriced but even as a recent but historical HQ player collecting the mission packs I still slaver at the mouth to have such prestige copies.

However it is over priced and it is sacrilege to have not opened and played them in 30years and no, unless I was a multimillionaire, I wouldn't buy them.

But as a cool listing price aside, I think it's pretty ace.
Striker

Zombie
Zombie

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Various lots on ebay

Postby GimmeYerGold » November 7th, 2016, 1:57 pm

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
GimmeYerGold

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby GimmeYerGold » January 28th, 2017, 12:55 am

It's not ebay, but sometimes Goodwill online will post auctions. Here's one of a Heroquest base set: https://www.shopgoodwill.com/auctions/1990-Milton-Bradley-Hero-Quest-Game-System-IOB-36633261.html

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
GimmeYerGold

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Decipher » July 2nd, 2017, 8:24 am

Dont know what I was thinking, but I posted this in general discussion, should have posted it here.

Sealed
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1990-Hero-Quest ... SwCU1Y4Zvx

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Decipher

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Irish Wolf » July 4th, 2017, 2:58 pm

Wizards of Morcar complete set. Bloody hell its expensive

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/HeroQuest-Wizard ... Sw1BlZW0ZT
Irish Wolf

Goblin
Goblin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » July 4th, 2017, 3:30 pm

Irish Wolf wrote:Wizards of Morcar complete set. Bloody hell its expensive

This thread has effectively been rendered useless since there's no good HQ deals anymore.
Just 2 or 3 years ago I bought WoM for £70. It's almost 5 times as expensive now.

In just a couple of years the prices suddenly went absolutely insane. Well... even more than they already were.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Irish Wolf » July 4th, 2017, 3:35 pm

Goblin-King wrote:

This thread has effectively been rendered useless since there's no good HQ deals anymore.
Just 2 or 3 years ago I bought WoM for £70. It's almost 5 times as expensive now.

In just a couple of years the prices suddenly went absolutely insane. Well... even more than they already were.

Its a pity in a way, but I guess as they become more rare prices will rise, sad thing is I once had at the game and all the expansions and the whole lot went into the skip when my old lad sold his house.
Irish Wolf

Goblin
Goblin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby j_dean80 » July 4th, 2017, 3:39 pm

Goblin-King wrote:

I did just get a WoM for 120. Was almost complete and I just had to piece in a couple parts.
Blood - Good to the last drop

Ye Olde Inn Quest Design Competition 2024 Joint Winner

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Ye Olde Market