• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Hero Quest Monopoly!

Guests may gather here to barter their goods, let others know what items they are searching for and post links to items others may be interested in. Or just vent about the outrageous prices on eBay.
Forum rules
Ye Olde Inn is not responsible for the trades/purchases made in this forum. Please exchange private information and transaction details via PM.

Hero Quest Monopoly!

Postby Kurgan » July 5th, 2020, 2:06 am

Please note, I'm not the one who posted this or made it, but I saw pictures of it posted before and now I see it is up for auction...

The only thing missing would be the title deed cards and money (? gold coins) to play it with. I suppose you could use regular Monopoly pieces or construct your own. What would you use for houses/hotels... Castles? Bigger castles?

Hero Quest Monopoly Good luck to whoever gets it!

PS: If you win, please ask the seller if they still have the original files!

Good job on the design, by the way. |_P
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Hero Quest Monopoly!

Postby lestodante » July 5th, 2020, 5:27 pm

I've seen this on ebay already. It looks nice. It was made in 2006 if I'm not wrong.
Read the description as it is interesting too.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Anderas » July 6th, 2020, 2:58 am

The graphic look and the implementation of the lore is really great! Sad that it uses monopoly rules.

Maybe Heroquest Risk would be a great idea. Greenskins, Undead, Humans as armies. Warhammer world map as risk game board. Gathering of certain artifacts in certain dwarf/orc/unread strongholds as goal of the game.

Every Army has it's heroes. Dwarf, Elf, Barbarian, Wizard on the "good" side. Ulag, Grak, Ograk, Grawshak on Ork side. Witch Lord, Skulmar, Kessandria and Kelvinos on Undead side.

Only the Heroes can gather the artefacts. They have to bring them to a central stronghold, everyone can carry just one. The armies should have a difficult time holding enemy land and an easier time holding their own land... except if the hero is with them. You don't win by playing exactly like risk.

Orcs want Sir Ragnar, the magical Orc Statue, Orc's Bane, the Elixier of Life

Undead want the magical Orc Statue, the Spirit Blade, the Elixier of Life and the Star of the West

Men want the Star of the West, Sir Ragnar, the Spirit Blade and Orcs Bane.

Once a hero is in possession of an artefact, it's great fun and tactical advantage smashing him. So he better makes his way home to the central strong hold of his land.
Once all heroes are dead, the Player has lost. This is why, when under attack, a hero might flee the battlefield, removing any bonuses from the army. He can declare to do so every time after Defense dice have been rolled and losses were removed. He can't do that in the central stronghold.

And then of course it is a nice tactical move to smash the enemy's central stronghold. But I stop to dream up rules now.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby Maldeev1911 » July 19th, 2020, 4:13 pm

Anderas wrote:The graphic look and the implementation of the lore is really great! Sad that it uses monopoly rules.

Maybe Heroquest Risk would be a great idea. Greenskins, Undead, Humans as armies. Warhammer world map as risk game board. Gathering of certain artifacts in certain dwarf/orc/unread strongholds as goal of the game.

Every Army has it's heroes. Dwarf, Elf, Barbarian, Wizard on the "good" side. Ulag, Grak, Ograk, Grawshak on Ork side. Witch Lord, Skulmar, Kessandria and Kelvinos on Undead side.

Only the Heroes can gather the artefacts. They have to bring them to a central stronghold, everyone can carry just one. The armies should have a difficult time holding enemy land and an easier time holding their own land... except if the hero is with them. You don't win by playing exactly like risk.

Orcs want Sir Ragnar, the magical Orc Statue, Orc's Bane, the Elixier of Life

Undead want the magical Orc Statue, the Spirit Blade, the Elixier of Life and the Star of the West

Men want the Star of the West, Sir Ragnar, the Spirit Blade and Orcs Bane.

Once a hero is in possession of an artefact, it's great fun and tactical advantage smashing him. So he better makes his way home to the central strong hold of his land.
Once all heroes are dead, the Player has lost. This is why, when under attack, a hero might flee the battlefield, removing any bonuses from the army. He can declare to do so every time after Defense dice have been rolled and losses were removed. He can't do that in the central stronghold.

And then of course it is a nice tactical move to smash the enemy's central stronghold. But I stop to dream up rules now.

Love the idea of a Hero Quest themed Risk!
Maldeev1911

Goblin
Goblin

Hero:

Postby Kurgan » March 4th, 2021, 4:11 pm

Great minds think alike. HeroQuest-opoly, Clue, Risk, Chess, Checkers...

Even the Inn get a shout-out on the board design, forgot to mention that.

The zip file for HQ monopoly is there but sadly it seems broken/missing. :oops: Wonder if the author is still around?

I know a number of pages were backed up on the HeroScribe page and this was one of them. This one let's you visit the page but most files are broken (any PDFs seem intact but not zips or pngs) here.

We need more fan archives of these great HQ sites and assets!

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby torilen » March 4th, 2021, 7:14 pm

I've done something basically like a heroquest-opoly, where players have to fight for the properties.
It is fairly different from HQ, but game play for combat and such is kind of similar.

I've been pondering on a Clue type game for a couple of years, but haven't figured it out yet.

As for just the regular games with regular game play using the HQ motif...that's not really for me.
It's nice to have collector versions, but I've never seen the need to spend the money on them unless
I find them super cheap at a yardsale or thrift store or something.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Kurgan » March 5th, 2021, 10:38 am

I am with you on that. Just dressing up your Monopoly as Power Rangers or whatever is a neat little one off gimmick if you're going to never open it and its going on a shelf next to your Pokemonopoly and so forth. It should really be a new game that creatively incorporates the new theme to modify the core monopoly and can be fun on its own, as a game in its own right. A chocolate covered oreo cookie, not just one where the cream filling is a different color, so to speak. A coworker gifted me Mario Kart-opoly which does that (I was never a huge fan of Mario Kart, but its been so popular it's hard to avoid at parties in some capacity).

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby iKarith » March 10th, 2021, 5:03 am

It looks like the original eBay link got pulled, probably because Hasbro didn't appreciate someone cutting in on TWO of their properties. But this should exist and I now want it!
<InSpectreRetro> All hail Zargon!!! Morcar only has 1BP.

Rewards:
Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!
Web Mage
iKarith

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Kurgan » March 10th, 2021, 7:39 pm

Hasbro DOES own both IPs... so why not??? They're probably waiting to see how successful the card game (????) and remake board game will be.

Imagine a set of metal minis in the classic style?

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Return to Ye Olde Market