• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Looking for expansions english

Guests may gather here to barter their goods, let others know what items they are searching for and post links to items others may be interested in. Or just vent about the outrageous prices on eBay.
Forum rules
Ye Olde Inn is not responsible for the trades/purchases made in this forum. Please exchange private information and transaction details via PM.

Re: Looking for expansions english

Postby warlordaxe » February 29th, 2020, 6:29 pm

Oops sorry I guess I should have mentioned the prices I listed were in CAN not USD
All life begins with Nu, and ends with Nu...
warlordaxe

Skeleton
Skeleton

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Fredostrike » March 1st, 2020, 9:00 pm

I might have found an elf and barb pack in montreal but buyer will most likely ask around 500 usd for those 2 lol i mean its so much money .... right now i would love to get the collection but its too pricy :(
Fredostrike

Goblin
Goblin

Hero:

Postby wallydubbs » March 1st, 2020, 11:11 pm

Fredostrike wrote:I might have found an elf and barb pack in montreal but buyer will most likely ask around 500 usd for those 2 lol i mean its so much money .... right now i would love to get the collection but its too pricy :(

$500 for both? Are they complete? I personally wouldn't go over $375.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member
wallydubbs

Halberdier
Halberdier

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » March 3rd, 2020, 5:00 am

lestodante wrote:I guess it's nonsense to pay more than this.
The problem is... if you buy at that high prices they will continue to sell for that price. If no one will buy the prices will go down.

This is classic supply/demand... Problem is that the demand just IS really high right now.
People can't just stop buying to make the prices go down because that doesn't make the demand go away.

lestodante wrote:Also with 3D printing or resin clones people are fullfilling their miniature needs often so they will have to drop down the prices because peple will not need them anymore.

Eeeeh... I think most people who are into HQ are nostalgic about original miniatures.
People might fulfill their needs with knockoffs, but they won't FULFILL their true NEEDS!

lestodante wrote:Another consideration of mine is that people searching for HQ rare stuff are usually of the age of 40 or more... until they start being busy with children work or other stuff and will (sadly) no more be nostalgically interested in HeroQuest.

Here I agree 100%. Once the original (now adult) target audience of HQ grows too old and lose interest, the prices will probably drop.
But by then <your name here> will probably also have lost interest as well :lol:

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby warlordaxe » March 6th, 2020, 12:23 pm

Been watching Ebay and a Barbarian Quest just recently sold yesterday for $1000 CAN / $750 USD and there is one more listed but looks like its going to reach the same price range. The prices are not going to drop anytime soon, also there is a listing for 3d printed duplicates as well $160 CAN / $120 USD for a set. But they look very lousy like they are made of soap or something barley any detail on em.
All life begins with Nu, and ends with Nu...
warlordaxe

Skeleton
Skeleton

Hero:

Previous

Return to Ye Olde Market