• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Elemental Dice on KS

Guests may gather here to barter their goods, let others know what items they are searching for and post links to items others may be interested in. Or just vent about the outrageous prices on eBay.
Forum rules
Ye Olde Inn is not responsible for the trades/purchases made in this forum. Please exchange private information and transaction details via PM.

Elemental Dice on KS

Postby QorDaq » May 24th, 2016, 1:11 pm

Greetings Warriors,

Just saw a Kickstarter Project that could, potentially, be of interest to some of the modders (and or Dice junkies) at the inn. The project is 'Elemental Spellcasting Dice', and it's from a company called Arxpell. The link can be found, HERE.

A bit pricey, but I can see some interesting possibilities for either creating or maybe enhancing Elementalist themed classes... Not sure that I have a need to back, but were I currently working on HQ modding I might find a use for them.

maj!

Edit - Also, one can follow THIS LINK, to the Company's website, where some examples of how different dice can be used to create combo spells.

- Q
maj! = Klingon word for "Good". Used in the context of "I approve".

- vay' DaneHbogh yIchargh!
QorDaq

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Elemental Dice on KS

Postby Tott » May 31st, 2016, 8:39 am

hmm! i like the idea, i think its clever and opens up a lot of possibilities. I've wanted to upgrade the magic system in HQ since it was released. these dice offer some great options, like you say, a bit pricey (£6 per die) but its worth watching, a shame there don't seem to be any stretch goals though.
Tott

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby QorDaq » May 31st, 2016, 8:05 pm

One of the things I find interesting is that, with a full set one could emulate "Wild" magic, in the sense that the effects can be unpredictable. And, to further the allusion, if some sort of Magic Point system were used as well, then one could sort of buy a dice pool which could potentially make the outcome more powerful, but is not guaranteed. A creative GM might even encourage some RP by interpreting the dice results based on whats happening in the game.

Lots of options...

maj!
maj! = Klingon word for "Good". Used in the context of "I approve".

- vay' DaneHbogh yIchargh!
QorDaq

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Tott » June 2nd, 2016, 5:49 am

call me a pessimist but i don't think this will be funded. they're a third of the way through the campaign and don't even have a thousand euro of their 6400 needed yet. its a shame but a good example of a decent product with a poor kickstarter campaign. no stretch goals (other dice, dice bags, dice towers, a pdf with 100 different spell combinations etc would have been the way to go) not a great selection of funding options, (1, 2, 3, 4 or 8 dice) it should have been something like 1 dice, 3 dice, 4 dice plus stretch-goals, 8 dice plus stretch goals and a collectors box and the ultimate - 8 dice, stretch goals, collectors box and design your own dice.
more importantly they're 1 third of the way through their campaign and there's not been a single update. that's always a bad sign. the product while clever is still on the expensive side, you NEED to do something to bring in the backers.
pity though.
Tott

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby cornixt » June 2nd, 2016, 9:09 am

It's an interesting concept, but too much work is needed on the GM side before you can use it - they are dice for a magic system that isn't part of any particular game right now. Not much demand for something like that.

The burning cross seems like a poor design decision!

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
cornixt

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Return to Ye Olde Market