• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Mage knight down under.

Guests may gather here to barter their goods, let others know what items they are searching for and post links to items others may be interested in. Or just vent about the outrageous prices on eBay.
Forum rules
Ye Olde Inn is not responsible for the trades/purchases made in this forum. Please exchange private information and transaction details via PM.

Mage knight down under.

Postby Lemmeron » February 28th, 2016, 6:47 pm

Hi all.

I am looking to get my hands on a copy of Mage knight in Australia.

All the stores on Amazon want around $60-80 AUD for the game but are charging stupid postage $110-$170 AUD !!

Does anyone own a copy or know where I can get one for under $100 AUD delivered to Sydney.

Also I would be interested in hearing what people who have played this think of it.

Thanks !

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!
Lemmeron

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Mage knight down under.

Postby StratosVX » February 29th, 2016, 12:06 am

Wow. That's a lot for shipping. I live in the US and have ordered things from the UK Amazon and it wasn't much more for shipping than what I normally pay. Amazon must not like you guys.

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Scribe of Heroes
StratosVX
I hate snakes, Jacques...

Scout
Scout

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Lemmeron » February 29th, 2016, 12:27 am

Yeah tell me about it ! I went through every seller listed that had Mage knight available on Amazon and it was always crazy postage. Sucks with kickstarters also.

Double as bad with the Aussie dollar being at record lows too. Sucks to be a gamer in Australia right now.

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!
Lemmeron

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby QorDaq » February 29th, 2016, 1:19 pm

Just curious as I don't have a copy to sell you unfortunately, but, are you talking about the new board game version that uses the terrain from HeroScape or are you talking about the original Skirmish game from the mid 90s?

Edit: Just did a quick look, shipping (not based on retail anything, just private shipping) using USPS first class or Priority International ranges from $50-60 USD from the US. Plus the cost of the board game (Just looked at Amazon, could be cheaper somewhere else), assuming that is what you were asking about, was around $60 USD.

So total for private mail including game and postage, would be in the $120-130 USD range? Does that still require you to pay extra taxes on your end?

Regardless, again from a really brief search that still comes out around $180 AUD.
maj! = Klingon word for "Good". Used in the context of "I approve".

- vay' DaneHbogh yIchargh!
QorDaq

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Lemmeron » February 29th, 2016, 7:21 pm

Mage knight the board game plus it's expansions the lost legion, shades of tezla and the Krang character expansion.

You the price you came up with is about what I am getting from most places in the US which is outrageous !

Rewards:
Lemmeron

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby slev » March 1st, 2016, 5:53 am

You'll want to wait for the reprint on Shades of Tezla. The original was badly missprinted. A fault at the printers by all accounts.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
slev

Scout
Scout

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » March 1st, 2016, 6:39 am

slev wrote:The original was badly missprinted.

Aaah, that's priceless. Slev, you being the the genius that you are I take it that wasn't a typo, but an intentional ironic crypto-metacomment on the misprinting.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby slev » March 1st, 2016, 7:22 am

knightkrawler wrote:

Aaah, that's priceless. Slev, you being the the genius that you are I take it that wasn't a typo, but an intentional ironic crypto-metacomment on the misprinting.

Err, yes, let's go with that. Why not.

But so we're not getting into "inadvertantly teasing the dyslexic", what did I get wrong?

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
slev

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby StratosVX » March 1st, 2016, 2:08 pm

slev wrote:
knightkrawler wrote:

Err, yes, let's go with that. Why not.

But so we're not getting into "inadvertantly teasing the dyslexic", what did I get wrong?

You typed missprint, not misprint.

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Scribe of Heroes
StratosVX
I hate snakes, Jacques...

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby slev » March 1st, 2016, 2:40 pm

StratosVX wrote:You typed missprint, not misprint.

Took me about five minutes to see the difference in those two!

Rewards:
slev

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Next

Return to Ye Olde Market