• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Ninja Turtles "sewer-crawler" on Kickstarter

Guests may gather here to barter their goods, let others know what items they are searching for and post links to items others may be interested in. Or just vent about the outrageous prices on eBay.
Forum rules
Ye Olde Inn is not responsible for the trades/purchases made in this forum. Please exchange private information and transaction details via PM.

Re: Ninja Turtles "sewer-crawler" on Kickstarter

Postby Sjeng » February 26th, 2016, 5:27 pm

wow so you actually preferred the 1.0 ruleset? Darn... Then I hope SDE 2.0 will indeed be better. I backed for Legends + SDE 2.0, and bought FK on amazon for €41 :D
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Goblin-King » February 26th, 2016, 5:46 pm

I certainly don't miss having to remember which monsters I've activated, but strictly mechanically speaking 1.0 had the better rules out of the box.

The most important difference is that the bosses are now triggered by the destruction of spawnpoints - So the heroes have no interest in destroying them.
In 1.0 the spawners spawned every round and the heroes damn well better kill the first one in the first round.
Now the Consul must optionally skip a turn to spawn instead. And this slowly kills the spawners. It's a weird muddy backwards mechanic.

There's a very active community working on some improved houserules. I haven't tried them out, but people who have seem very positive.
SPM are probably looking in their direction as well when designing their new rules.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » February 26th, 2016, 6:03 pm

okay, back to TNMT ;) otherwise I'm gonna have to pluck these posts out and find the SDE topic to merge etc... hassle :P
Thanks!
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby QorDaq » February 26th, 2016, 9:11 pm

Sjeng wrote:okay, back to TNMT ;) otherwise I'm gonna have to pluck these posts out and find the SDE topic to merge etc... hassle :P
Thanks!

Totally respect this. And I'll take my lumps for my part in the derailment.

Back onto the original topic; Does anyone have a link to the live-play demo that was put out? Not the minimalist thing published on the KS Campaign, but the game that was played sometime just after the KS for TMNT got started?

maj!
maj! = Klingon word for "Good". Used in the context of "I approve".

- vay' DaneHbogh yIchargh!
QorDaq

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby lucasdp » February 28th, 2016, 2:40 pm

I can't seem to find the one they did with print-and-play prototypes (one of the major problems with this campaign! This should be right up on the main page!), but here's the one they did with tabletop simulator: http://www.twitch.tv/dfwnerdnight/v/47932316

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Destroyed a Zombie!
lucasdp

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby lucasdp » March 31st, 2016, 6:59 pm

FYI, the pledge manager is up and the word is they will accept late pledges until April 15, if anyone still wants to get in on this.

https://idw.pledgemanager.com/projects/ ... past/join/

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Destroyed a Zombie!
lucasdp

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Previous

Return to Ye Olde Market