• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Heroines Kickstarter

Guests may gather here to barter their goods, let others know what items they are searching for and post links to items others may be interested in. Or just vent about the outrageous prices on eBay.
Forum rules
Ye Olde Inn is not responsible for the trades/purchases made in this forum. Please exchange private information and transaction details via PM.

Re: Heroines Kickstarter

Postby Once was Mortimer » January 28th, 2016, 3:38 am

Gold Bearer wrote:
Once was Mortimer wrote:Kind of creepy there GB.
Kind of tongue in cheek. I thought that was obvious.

Glad to hear it, had a lot of guys who sing a similar tune who believe it is all.

I was responding to these comments.
cynthialee wrote:Some people (guys mainly I notice) may get off on storylines where their hero is more powerful than anyone else and wins by shear power of 'I am awesome'
cynthialee wrote:Just remember that not all players of these games are steaming piles of testosterone.
How is that any more acceptable than a women hating misogynist posting generalised and ignorant slurs against one half of the population as if they're all the same, apart from the gay ones?

Well my post was only partially directed at you (The first 4 words really), the other was more a response to the thread in general. Yeah, she generalized, but your doing the old 'ignore the entire argument because of one faux pas'. If cythnia was a raging misandrist I doubt she would be hanging out on a board like this somehow, plus one tends to bite back at times after enduring alot of that misogynist bullshit directed at them over their life. Plus you pretty much did the same with 'feminism' a few posts back by painting it with broad strokes of "Teh evil feminazis!!!" so look at that, hypocrisy happens to everyone, doesn't necessarily invalidate their views though.

As for Jasmin's figure I'll let you know if I ever run into a woman with a horribly crushed abdomen.
Once was Mortimer

Mummy
Mummy

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Decipher » January 28th, 2016, 3:58 am

This entire thread escapes my thought process. Sheesh, it's like saying the HQ rule book is offensive to women because it clearly reads "his, he and him" but does not include "hers, she and her" in the text. It's a board game, it's for fun, get over it already. People so damn touchy, make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Decipher

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Once was Mortimer » January 28th, 2016, 4:02 am

Decipher wrote:This entire thread escapes my thought process. Sheesh, it's like saying the HQ rule book is offensive to women because it clearly reads "his, he and him" but does not include "hers, she and her" in the text. It's a board game, it's for fun, get over it already. People so damn touchy, make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Like those who get upset at people wanting some female mini's not to be sexified? I see what you mean.
Last edited by Once was Mortimer on January 28th, 2016, 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Once was Mortimer

Mummy
Mummy

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Gold Bearer » January 28th, 2016, 4:09 am

Once was Mortimer wrote:Well my post was only partially directed at you (The first 4 words really), the other was more a response to the thread in general. Yeah, she generalized, but your doing the old 'ignore the entire argument because of one faux pas'. If cythnia was a raging misandrist I doubt she would be hanging out on a board like this somehow, plus one tends to bite back at times after enduring alot of that misogynist bullshit directed at them over their life. Plus you pretty much did the same with 'feminism' a few posts back by painting it with broad strokes of "Teh evil feminazis!!!" so look at that, hypocrisy happens to everyone, doesn't necessarily invalidate their views though.
I'm not being a hypocrite! Hypocrisy is on my top five hate list, along with deceit, religion, capitalism and the police. It depends on how you define feminism. I don't think of equality as feminism, that would equalism. I think of it as a bunch off pissed off women with bugs up their butts who think that the best way to counter the genuine bias in favour of the Y chromosome that does still exist is to believe and preach the exact opposite as well as trying to make real women feel bad if they like to look good or make choices that happen to fit into more traditional roles for women. By the way, I'm speaking as someone who genuinely doesn't tend to like girly girls and prefers athletic women with an attitude. And intelligence, and a good sense of humour, and lots of money, and nice tits, and that are easily impressed.

Once was Mortimer wrote:As for Jasmin's figure I'll let you know if I ever run into a woman with a horribly crushed abdomen.
Cartoons are always exaggerated if you met somebody with eyes that big in real life you'd think they were an alien. Besides, she must be getting old by now. How long ago was Aladdin made?
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Expanded Combined Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4296

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna
DMT - The Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwZqVqbkyLM

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Once was Mortimer » January 28th, 2016, 4:20 am

Gold Bearer wrote:I think of it as a bunch off pissed off women with bugs up their butts who think that the best way to counter the genuine bias in favour of the Y chromosome that does still exist is to believe and preach the exact opposite as well as trying to make real women feel bad if they like to look good or make choices that happen to fit into more traditional roles for women.

That very much sounds like you are generalizing a whole group of people, just like you accused Cynthia of doing.

Just because you hate it, doesn't mean your not guilty of it I'm afraid.

I can well pull a Decipher here and say I've meet plenty of feminists who are not at all like that, there for your your argument is completely invalid!* (Note: its not, I respect their are some real loud loonies who tote the feminism tag who have painted the whole group bad, maybe don't base an entire judgement on just that).

Plus I imagine cynthialee's testosterone comment was also somewhat tongue in cheek, so when you come back with the whole wanting to find a nice obedient Persian girl thing, and the nice tits bit just now and saying 'well its just tongue in cheek' is another hypocrisy if you don't give her comments that same benefit.

Gold Bearer wrote:Cartoons are always exaggerated if you met somebody with eyes that big in real life you'd think they were an alien. Besides, she must be getting old by now. How long ago was Aladdin made?

24 years it seems, also theres that tongue and cheek thing again us other people use too :)

*Sorry Decipher, that bit was probably harsh and not necessarily true intention on your part.
Once was Mortimer

Mummy
Mummy

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Gold Bearer » January 28th, 2016, 4:39 am

Once was Mortimer wrote:
Gold Bearer wrote:I think of it as a bunch off pissed off women with bugs up their butts who think that the best way to counter the genuine bias in favour of the Y chromosome that does still exist is to believe and preach the exact opposite as well as trying to make real women feel bad if they like to look good or make choices that happen to fit into more traditional roles for women.

That very much sounds like you are generalizing a whole group of people, just like you accused Cynthia of doing.

I'm not being a hypocrite!!!

Once was Mortimer wrote:I can well pull a Decipher here and say I've meet plenty of feminists who are not at all like that, there for your your argument is completely invalid!*
They're not feminists, by your definition I'm definitely a feminist. I've they believe in equality they can't be FEMinists.

Once was Mortimer wrote:(Note: its not, I respect their are some real loud loonies who tote the feminism tag who have painted the whole group bad, maybe don't base an entire judgement on just that).
These ones are.

Once was Mortimer wrote:Plus I imagine cynthialee's testosterone comment was also somewhat tongue in cheek, so when you come back with the whole wanting to find a nice obedient Persian girl thing, and the nice tits bit just now and saying 'well its just tongue in cheek' is another hypocrisy if you don't give her comments that same benefit.
Oh it's not tongue in cheek at all. She actually means it. She does it a lot and she's definitely not playing! She means every word.

I didn't say I wanted obedience, I wouldn't even joke about that because I hate it, I said it would be so awesome to find a Persian princess who lets me do whatever I want. I can't stand being told what to do.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Once was Mortimer » January 28th, 2016, 4:49 am

Gold Bearer wrote:
Once was Mortimer wrote:

Mmmhmm ... sure bud.

Gold Bearer wrote:
Once was Mortimer wrote:I can well pull a Decipher here and say I've meet plenty of feminists who are not at all like that, there for your your argument is completely invalid!*
They're not feminists, by your definition I'm definitely a feminist. I've they believe in equality they can't be FEMinists.

They call themselves feminists, they study feminism, they care about equality and are self proclaimed feminists. Who am I to believe here? (Feminists would love to have you among them if you dropped some of your more dogmatic stances on what "feminism" is and actually looked into behind a few bad comedians and ranting MRA's on youtube have to say about it).

Gold Bearer wrote:
Once was Mortimer wrote:(Note: its not, I respect their are some real loud loonies who tote the feminism tag who have painted the whole group bad, maybe don't base an entire judgement on just that).
These ones are.

Oh okay...

Gold Bearer wrote:
Once was Mortimer wrote:Plus I imagine cynthialee's testosterone comment was also somewhat tongue in cheek, so when you come back with the whole wanting to find a nice obedient Persian girl thing, and the nice tits bit just now and saying 'well its just tongue in cheek' is another hypocrisy if you don't give her comments that same benefit.
Oh it's not tongue in cheek at all. She actually means it. She does it a lot and she's definitely not playing! She means every word.

I see, so you where kind of purposely picking a fight with her earlier? Because you knew what would rile her up?
Once was Mortimer

Mummy
Mummy

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby slev » January 28th, 2016, 5:02 am

OK, not trying to fan the flames of an argument here, but...

Many of the problems femenism faces today are based on nomenclature. It realistically means "seeking equity between the sexes and genders". Many people take it the worng way, owing to it's name.

Similarly, "Patriarchy" has a similar problem, but would be realistically be "Seeking to have norms of behaviour and social roles based on sex alone".

Of course people miss that the current system disadvantages men as well as women, just in different ways. I certainly don't want to return to the world where my wife has the house cleaned and my meal ready when I get in, since that's also the world in which I work an 80 hour week, she spends all the mony (as I have no time), and, if I'm lucky I'll have enough for a few beers on a Saturday night.

As with many forms of discrimination, there are "hard" and "soft" forms. Hard sexism is where a person believes that women are all incapable or that men are all dumb. Soft sexism is where the default assumptions that underly the sexist status quo are accepted. Usually through a lack of awareness rather than through any actual malace, and often accompanied by an aim of equity.

The propronderance of "impracically" dressed female minis keeps many women out of the hobby, and further reinforces the sexist assumptions implicit in society. It's not the existence of such minis that's the problem, it's the overall lack of the alternative that makes the undustry/hobby as a whole sexist.

Thus, if a product features both cheesecake art/minis AND beefcake art/minis, fine. If it only features one, or one is way in excess of the other, it better have a damn good rationale, or else accept that it is being sexist, either out of either deliberate offence, or out of exploitation.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
slev

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby wolfie907 » January 28th, 2016, 5:04 am

Cool i almost ignored this thread cause those minis suck, nothing to do with any gender they are just not good, now as to marketing these were orginially just a pet project used for the oathsworn guys private game here is a link to how they came about http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/ ... try1258901 this was mainly inspired by the ladies on the reaper forums the name is somewhat of a joke read the linked thread if you are really interested. Oathsworn does have a great track record on kickstarter i think they have had 5 projects all shipped on time. Now if you want a similiar subject but superior models then i believe this will be going live on the 8th of feburary
http://www.lead-adventure.de/index.php?topic=86253.0 i have some of this guys models they are great i highly recomend these over the oathsworn ones also has a good track record on kickstarter. Ok now kickstarter type it into your browser go to the site and it will explain the rest to you its not hard to learn. This is in general so dont be offended but whats with the trolls on here lately i dont wanna see anymore locked topics or forbidden subject matter on this forum get a grip people.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
wolfie907

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Gold Bearer » January 28th, 2016, 5:07 am

Once was Mortimer wrote:
Gold Bearer wrote:
Once was Mortimer wrote:

Mmmhmm ... sure bud.
How exactly am I being a hypocrite by hating people who believe that one half of the worlds population are superior to the other half? That's what feminism means!

Once was Mortimer wrote:They call themselves feminists, they study feminism, they care about equality and are self proclaimed feminists. Who am I to believe here? (Feminists would love to have you among them if you dropped some of your more dogmatic stances on what "feminism" is and actually looked into behind a few bad comedians and ranting MRA's on youtube have to say about it).
What does misogynism mean? Feminism (not to be confused with femininity, which feminists detest) means the opposite.

Once was Mortimer wrote:I see, so you where kind of purposely picking a fight with her earlier? Because you knew what would rile her up?
No I wasn't. She riled me up because of her attitude and her views, and having the nerve to post them. You're new here. She does really believe that crap, trust me. If a bloke was posting genuinely sexist and offensive remarks about women he wouldn't be allowed go get away it by other forum members and I'd be the first to react when I saw it. This is no different exact that people don't care or want to get involved when it's the other way round to what they're used to. The same way ethnic minorities are allowed to be racist. Those are actual hypocrisies! See the difference?

Rewards:
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Ye Olde Market