• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

HeroQuest 25th anniversary crowdfunding!

Guests may gather here to barter their goods, let others know what items they are searching for and post links to items others may be interested in. Or just vent about the outrageous prices on eBay.
Forum rules
Ye Olde Inn is not responsible for the trades/purchases made in this forum. Please exchange private information and transaction details via PM.

Re: HeroQuest 25th anniversary crowdfunding!

Postby mako-heart » November 4th, 2013, 4:21 pm

torilen wrote:I'm gonna mention something here - I would like to think this wouldn't need to be said,
but sometimes one just never knows.
When and if this new edition of HQ comes out...if the company does make new quest packs to go with it,
I would like to urge everyone to be respectful of the company. By that I mean: Let's not find any scanned
copies of a brand new quest pack up here for pdf download...let's not find any word for word copy of the
text of the new quest packs...let's not find any point by point walk through of any new quest packs.

Basically...again, let's all be respectful of the company, and let's not ruin everyone else's fun in seeing what
is new.

Sure...we can all talk about the stories and plots and such...but use some restraint in how we do it.

Yes? Can we all agree to that?

Agreed :D
ALL YOUR WALL SPELL BASES ARE BELONG TO US!!!


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
mako-heart

High Mage
High Mage
 
Posts: 444
Images: 15
Joined: February 13th, 2012, 9:00 pm
Location: Elk river, MN
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: HeroQuest 25th anniversary crowdfunding!

Postby knightkrawler » November 4th, 2013, 4:25 pm

I've just assumed that there will be no downloadable material here that someone created/is yet to create for a company still at large.
HeroQuest, as it stands now, is carried by us. Not one person, not a company.

HeroQuest 25th anniversary edition by GameZone will be made and created by GameZone Miniatures for the sake of the fans and the company.
There has to be some profit.

I fully agree with torilen.
______________________________________________________-

On a sidenote, the name HeroQuest (both words contracted and capitalized) is in commercial use (Issaries, Inc.). I have no clue whatsoever about the law, but can GameZone actually use that title? Just wondering, because I also read somewhere that through crowdfunding every backer can be held responsible for legal transgressions. Might be complete bullshit, too.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord
 
Posts: 5825
Images: 27
Joined: May 25th, 2012, 2:26 pm
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: HeroQuest 25th anniversary crowdfunding!

Postby torilen » November 4th, 2013, 5:27 pm

As far as backers being held responsible - I was the one who brought up that idea. I really do not know the
law behind such a thought, but I wanted to put it out there (mainly for the thread under which I had stated it
at the time - I don't remember what it was for now). I have been reading a lot of news the last few years, and
have seen some disturbing trends in lawsuits and what is allowed and not allowed and such.

In short - I was simply talk out of my %$@. :)

As for Gamezone being able to use it - Issaries, I believe, is an american company? I'm pretty sure their use
of the name is under american trademark. I don't think that has any bearing on foreign companies at all.
How that will effect them being able to sell to those of us in the U.S., I honestly would not even try to
speculate how that would work.

In such a situation, however, I seriously doubt there would be or could be any charges brought against a
company in spain for using the same name. And as I stated, I really do not know the legality of charging
backers, but I don't think anyone would have anything to worry about.


Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin
 
Posts: 2081
Joined: October 9th, 2009, 4:18 am
Location: Virginia, USA
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: HeroQuest 25th anniversary crowdfunding!

Postby Maike05 » November 4th, 2013, 7:00 pm

Hello, it seems they finally put some official picture on the website homepage, so i retrieve what i've said earlier :) this might be serious afterall... But still xD very BAD communication! I hope some stuff will be free to download like rules and one example quest though. Seems like an habit nowadays.


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Maike05

Elven Archer
Elven Archer
 
Posts: 562
Images: 25
Joined: March 18th, 2011, 10:39 pm
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: HeroQuest 25th anniversary crowdfunding!

Postby drathe » November 5th, 2013, 1:44 am

knightkrawler wrote:I've just assumed that there will be no downloadable material here that someone created/is yet to create for a company still at large.
HeroQuest, as it stands now, is carried by us. Not one person, not a company.

That is how it is/will be. Also why you don't see AHQ, or WotC stuff posted. If Hasbro ever re-releases HQ, all the resources currently available will be removed and only the fan-created content will remain.
Image


Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
User avatar
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper
 
Posts: 2935
Images: 103
Joined: August 16th, 2008, 2:55 pm
Location: Niagara Region, Ontario, Canada
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: HeroQuest 25th anniversary crowdfunding!

Postby Sjeng » November 5th, 2013, 1:55 am

I assume that doesn't mean if HQ25 is released with the exact quests from the original game, and with the exact board, those will all be removed? Because in my opinion that's still OLD HQ, and should forever remain here. Hasbro is never going to rerelease HQ. At least the art will be different now, so the original cards etc will remain here.

I agree with torilen though, although that means I'm gonna have to buy it now lol.
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Wizard
Wizard
 
Posts: 4536
Images: 92
Joined: July 26th, 2011, 9:58 am
Location: The Netherlands
Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: HeroQuest 25th anniversary crowdfunding!

Postby drathe » November 5th, 2013, 2:05 am

Sjeng wrote:I assume that doesn't mean if HQ25 is released with the exact quests from the original game, and with the exact board, those will all be removed?

Given that GameZone only has distribution rights for Spain (and obviously not copyrights, or else the whole thing wouldn't be remade entirely), they will only be removed if Hasbro re-releases it or sells the rights to someone else who re-releases it.
Image


Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
User avatar
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper
 
Posts: 2935
Images: 103
Joined: August 16th, 2008, 2:55 pm
Location: Niagara Region, Ontario, Canada
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: HeroQuest 25th anniversary crowdfunding!

Postby Endakil » November 7th, 2013, 6:51 pm

News from GameZone concerning the Kickstarter!

* HeroQuest 25th Anniversary basic box -> $89
* HeroQuest 25th Anniversary box + 15 new heroes miniatures and their hero cards -> $110
* HeroQuest 25th Anniversary box + all Kickstarter rewards + 15 heroes -> $150

Both Morkar and Zargon will be available as Kickstarter rewards!


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
User avatar
Endakil
 
Posts: 6
Joined: November 2nd, 2013, 10:01 am
Location: Barakaldo, Basque Country, Spain, Europe, Earth
Forum Language: Español
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

Re: HeroQuest 25th anniversary crowdfunding!

Postby ampersand » November 7th, 2013, 10:56 pm

Endakil wrote:News from GameZone concerning the Kickstarter!

* HeroQuest 25th Anniversary basic box -> $89
* HeroQuest 25th Anniversary box + 15 new heroes miniatures and their hero cards -> $110
* HeroQuest 25th Anniversary box + all Kickstarter rewards + 15 heroes -> $150

Both Morkar and Zargon will be available as Kickstarter rewards!


source?


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
User avatar
ampersand

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman
 
Posts: 395
Joined: April 16th, 2013, 1:51 pm
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: HeroQuest 25th anniversary crowdfunding!

Postby TMU » November 8th, 2013, 12:40 am

150?!?!? :shock:
"There is no greater danger than playing it safe."


Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Second Lieutenant
TMU

Swordsman
Swordsman
 
Posts: 1870
Images: 15
Joined: November 17th, 2012, 2:55 pm
Location: Rauma, Finland
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Ye Olde Market

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests