• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Heroines Kickstarter

Guests may gather here to barter their goods, let others know what items they are searching for and post links to items others may be interested in. Or just vent about the outrageous prices on eBay.
Forum rules
Ye Olde Inn is not responsible for the trades/purchases made in this forum. Please exchange private information and transaction details via PM.

Re: Heroines Kickstarter

Postby Gold Bearer » February 3rd, 2016, 5:14 pm

I know but I thought it would make more sense if AtOH and WoM were after the US packs. I didn't know that both US expansions were released after both European ones though.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Upcast/Overcast/Combined Spells + New Combined Fusion Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=7219

General Rules Including Element Effects & Dynamic Turn Order: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=7089


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Exiled
Exiled
 
Posts: 1792
Joined: June 4th, 2012, 4:21 pm
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Heroines Kickstarter

Postby cynthialee » May 13th, 2016, 3:33 pm

I got my mini set yesterday and I am stoked. They look cool.

I got the full set, it was a birthday present purchase, so I am stoked to finally get my gift from my sweetie.

The Halflings will find the first use as we desperately needed a female Halfling. So they will get paint first.

The dragons nest is cool. It is the only one that is a resin cast. The rest are spiffy pewter minis with nice detail.
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
~Sun Tsu The art of War~


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Swordsman
Swordsman
 
Posts: 1848
Images: 4
Joined: September 27th, 2011, 10:56 am
Location: the forests of Washington State
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Heroines Kickstarter

Postby lucasdp » May 13th, 2016, 4:13 pm

I'm sure we'd all love to see some pics whenever you get a chance, Cynthialee! |_P


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Destroyed a Zombie!
User avatar
lucasdp

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain
 
Posts: 224
Joined: September 21st, 2015, 1:42 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Heroines Kickstarter

Postby mukami » May 13th, 2016, 6:00 pm

I've not got mine yet... still waiting.


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Killed a mighty Fimir! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
mukami

Mummy
Mummy
 
Posts: 80
Joined: February 10th, 2014, 7:55 pm
Location: Tennessee USA
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Heroines Kickstarter

Postby cynthialee » May 13th, 2016, 10:56 pm

I will try and remember to post pictures after some paint. I just set them on coins for bases and put a wash on the nest so I can make out details and be able to paint the thing. I prefer coins as they add some weight to the base, as opposed to the plastic bases I will just end up filling with shot to weight them down.
Right now they are outside so I don't have to smell super glue drying.
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
~Sun Tsu The art of War~


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Swordsman
Swordsman
 
Posts: 1848
Images: 4
Joined: September 27th, 2011, 10:56 am
Location: the forests of Washington State
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Heroines Kickstarter

Postby slev » May 14th, 2016, 4:41 am

cynthialee wrote:Right now they are outside so I don't have to smell super glue drying.


Interestingly, Super Glue itself is odourless. What you smell is actually your nostril hairs burning...

Still waiting for my minis too. Hopefully soon...


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
slev

Scout
Scout
 
Posts: 1069
Images: 6
Joined: August 26th, 2014, 7:55 am
Location: Manchester
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Heroines Kickstarter

Postby MadMickyG » May 14th, 2016, 7:46 am

I found this thread interesting.

I skipped from about 8 onwards though to the last 2 pages.

I checked out the miniatures and do like them. They are a little on the normal side, but I think they would be good for me as two of my players are females under the age of 12.
As I father, I need be careful what they use.

We have some good miniatures, but a better selection of female miniatures is a bonus.

I also asked about a female monk and got a response back in about 10 minutes, saying it was something the sculptor had been thinking about doing.
Check out my dabblings in writing.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Madhouse ... 4179561807
Feel free to let me know what you think. All comments/criticisms welcome.


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
User avatar
MadMickyG

Necromancer
Necromancer
 
Posts: 334
Joined: December 1st, 2014, 7:54 am
Location: Gold Coast QLD Australia
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Heroines Kickstarter

Postby cynthialee » May 16th, 2016, 12:37 pm

I am about 1/3 through the painting process. Finished the nest already.
I am not great at it, but they will look better than paintless.
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
~Sun Tsu The art of War~


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Swordsman
Swordsman
 
Posts: 1848
Images: 4
Joined: September 27th, 2011, 10:56 am
Location: the forests of Washington State
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Heroines Kickstarter

Postby cynthialee » May 19th, 2016, 3:37 pm

Well here is the only half decent picture I could get. I am lousy at pictures.

Now Go nice on me, I am not an ace painter. Just a gamer who can't stand to have unpainted mini's, so I do my best. Sometimes that comes out neat, most the time that means 'serviceable'.

Image
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
~Sun Tsu The art of War~


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Swordsman
Swordsman
 
Posts: 1848
Images: 4
Joined: September 27th, 2011, 10:56 am
Location: the forests of Washington State
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Heroines Kickstarter

Postby slev » May 20th, 2016, 4:15 am

Looking good!

Your painting is fine.

Being constructive, you might try a little more washing, to better bring out the colours & details.


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
slev

Scout
Scout
 
Posts: 1069
Images: 6
Joined: August 26th, 2014, 7:55 am
Location: Manchester
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Ye Olde Market

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests