• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Various lots on ebay

Guests may gather here to barter their goods, let others know what items they are searching for and post links to items others may be interested in. Or just vent about the outrageous prices on eBay.
Forum rules
Ye Olde Inn is not responsible for the trades/purchases made in this forum. Please exchange private information and transaction details via PM.

Re: Various lots on ebay

Postby tasoe » July 1st, 2012, 2:06 pm

Anyone spotted this lot of heroes? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 500wt_1202
These are the heroes from Dark World and the heroes from its 2 very rare expansions (I think). I've never seen them before, only on some random images on boardgamegeek. I kept quiet watching the auction and I sniped it but sadly I couldn't outbid one sob that had placed his bids earlier. If it was anyone from here, sorry I raised the price you have to pay from 2.70 pounds to 16.07. I'm really surprised that someone was so decisive to bid that much. He must have well known what he was bidding on. Anyway, I'll settle for the 4 heroes I already own from the basic game.


Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
tasoe

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior
 
Posts: 697
Joined: September 22nd, 2011, 1:05 pm
Location: Athens, Greece
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Various lots on ebay

Postby knightkrawler » July 1st, 2012, 3:24 pm

I own two sets of heroes from the first DarkWorld game, and one from Village of Fear.
Those from Dragon's Gate are - like the game itself - rare and sought after, which is the reason you got outbid into these spheres.

I haven't seen a Dragon's Gate (Tal des Drachen) auction on ebay.de for months now.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord
 
Posts: 5825
Images: 27
Joined: May 25th, 2012, 2:26 pm
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Various lots on ebay

Postby tasoe » July 1st, 2012, 6:39 pm

knightkrawler wrote:Those from Dragon's Gate are - like the game itself - rare and sought after, which is the reason you got outbid into these spheres.

You are totally right. I had some hopes given that the seller didn't write dark world or the expansions name on the auction title. It wasn't really my first priority to own those heroes (they are a bit weird to be honest) but it seemed like a great opportunity.


Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
tasoe

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior
 
Posts: 697
Joined: September 22nd, 2011, 1:05 pm
Location: Athens, Greece
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Various lots on ebay

Postby shy-design » July 1st, 2012, 10:15 pm

tasoe wrote:Anyone spotted this lot of heroes? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 500wt_1202
These are the heroes from Dark World and the heroes from its 2 very rare expansions (I think). I've never seen them before, only on some random images on boardgamegeek. I kept quiet watching the auction and I sniped it but sadly I couldn't outbid one sob that had placed his bids earlier. If it was anyone from here, sorry I raised the price you have to pay from 2.70 pounds to 16.07. I'm really surprised that someone was so decisive to bid that much. He must have well known what he was bidding on. Anyway, I'll settle for the 4 heroes I already own from the basic game.


well Tasoe. your "sob" is indeed me. Sorry to be so gung-ho for this one, but I have been after those expansion minis for a while now. And dont worry about your bid raising the price. Some think the dark world miniatures have a "funny" sculpt. I however really like the stylized look and really enjoy painting these particular pieces. I would recommend bidding on the actual game itself, it comes with some great miniatures (in my opinion) for both evil and good sides. It gives me no pleasure to outbid a fellow Ye Olde Inner, but all is fair in love and heroquest. Have no worries however dear tasoe, I will surely re-base and paint most of these up and post future photos for all to enjoy.

If by some reason you would still like a few pieces from this set, let me know and we can surely come to a reasonable agreement. I already have a couple of sets of the original dark world heroes (the ranger, the knight, the barbarian, and the dwarf).Do any of those interest you?


Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
User avatar
shy-design

Gargoyle
Gargoyle
 
Posts: 127
Images: 15
Joined: April 19th, 2012, 4:15 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Various lots on ebay

Postby tasoe » July 2nd, 2012, 3:25 am

I knew it had to be someone here! Sorry for the sob part, it was said with good intentions.
Thanks for the offer, I actually have the complete Dark World set, haven't painted a single one yet. Only the orcs I think look a bit funny but I guess I have to wait till I paint them to really see for myself. I'm glad you got them, I've seen your minis and they look fantastic, I like your bases a lot and the conversions of your necromancer and ranger. Pretty nice! If anybody is going to do just to these minis is you. Be sure to post any pics when you paint some of them!


Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
tasoe

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior
 
Posts: 697
Joined: September 22nd, 2011, 1:05 pm
Location: Athens, Greece
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Various lots on ebay

Postby shy-design » July 2nd, 2012, 9:32 am

ah yes... I had forgotten that you are the one with the "huge painting project" thread... I have been watching that one for awhile now...even before I was a member of the forums...you sir are a fine painter... and what an ambitious project! I too have a similar "huge painting project" that has been in the works for a couple of years now, so I admire and appreciate the work that you are putting into your HQ set. I look forward to seeing more on your thread. I liked the comic style theme to your lasts post. keep up the fine work, I know a lot of us here are watching your progress.

Oh and as for the orc in the Dark world game... I have made an easy mod with that guy... I will post a picture of him soon,,, it might give you an idea with what you can do with that particular miniature. As for the bases... I don't really care with where my miniatures come from. (I do prefer the "retro" look that comes from older models like the HQ, DarkWorld, and some from Dragon Strike (im a sucker for nostalgia when it comes to this game)) But as long as they are all based in a similar fashion then they are deemed playable in my opinion. Now newer Games Workshop models and Reaper Minis are great, but can look overly detailed next to some of the older generation miniatures (as I am sure you are aware), but everything seems to look fine to me if the bases are the same. A picky detail to some, but to me it works.

Making the bases is easy. I bought one sheet of plasticard form MicroMark.com and just cut the right dimensions from it. the height is just a hair smaller than the ones from HQ but its hardly noticeable.

heres the link... just order one sheet. I have based dozens with mine, and I have not even used half of it. Plasticard is good for other scenery or tile projects too.
http://www.micromark.com/white-styrene-plastic-11-inches-wide-x-14-inches-long-x-060-inch-thick-1-sheet,7590.html

*i believe that this is the right size, there are two other options (smaller/thinner), and I don't have a ruler right in front of me to measure the plasticard that I use, but im pretty sure that this is the right size.*


Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
User avatar
shy-design

Gargoyle
Gargoyle
 
Posts: 127
Images: 15
Joined: April 19th, 2012, 4:15 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Various lots on ebay

Postby Sjeng » July 5th, 2012, 9:15 am

I just found a bits store on ebay that sells literally anything from warhammer as seperate bits. A bit crazy to ask 1 pound for each and every tiny bit each, but they also had Ogre Kingdoms bodies for 1.50 pounds each. And I happen to have a battalion box with plenty of heads, arms, weapons etc. left, so I bought their last 6. 6 more ogres for a mere 11 pounds incl. shipping. *joy*
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Wizard
Wizard
 
Posts: 4536
Images: 92
Joined: July 26th, 2011, 9:58 am
Location: The Netherlands
Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: Various lots on ebay

Postby shy-design » July 5th, 2012, 12:35 pm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/24-DRAGON-STRIKE-Game-Figure-Pieces-TSR-1993-Hero-Quest-Dungeons-Dragons-/300736666174?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item46054d5a3e#ht_2359wt_1244

here is a lot of miniatures that I saw from Dragon Strike if anyone is interested. I wont be bidding, b/c I have a set already myself. but there are some good pieces in this lot to supplement into anyones game. not all theses minis are a great sculpt, as I am sure most are aware of, but the dragon, the troll, and the thief pieces are pretty great in my opinion.


Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
User avatar
shy-design

Gargoyle
Gargoyle
 
Posts: 127
Images: 15
Joined: April 19th, 2012, 4:15 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Various lots on ebay

Postby Sjeng » July 5th, 2012, 3:14 pm

oh my, that seller has a star wars vintage Rancor! :O I so wanted that when I was little... There was an ad page in the Donald Duck magazine, and I stared at it for hours. xD
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Wizard
Wizard
 
Posts: 4536
Images: 92
Joined: July 26th, 2011, 9:58 am
Location: The Netherlands
Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: Various lots on ebay

Postby Ethica » July 6th, 2012, 3:19 am

I had a rancor. It wasn't great.


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
User avatar
Ethica

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf
 
Posts: 751
Images: 19
Joined: January 14th, 2009, 3:43 pm
Location: Suffolk, UK
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Ye Olde Market

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests