• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

metal versions of heroquest stuff for sale

Guests may gather here to barter their goods, let others know what items they are searching for and post links to items others may be interested in. Or just vent about the outrageous prices on eBay.
Forum rules
Ye Olde Inn is not responsible for the trades/purchases made in this forum. Please exchange private information and transaction details via PM.

Re: metal versions of heroquest stuff for sale

Postby Big Bene » June 17th, 2014, 3:23 am

I like the idea and wish you all possible success, although I personally probably won't order the minis (I do not need them by now, so I have time to look for originals, and when I need recasts, I'll probably go for Billdask's).
The furniture is also nice, but if I had to make a wish, I'd rather like the ogre throne more menacing. It looks too comfy, not "rustic" enough for my taste. The spiral stairs I would rather have in a full quarter-circle, like dpicted on the cardboard tile. And without skulls, so each can add his own decorative stuff.
I hope you understand this as constructive critic - I would like to encourage your project, not to put you down.
Have a look ;)


Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier
 
Posts: 1401
Images: 11
Joined: September 30th, 2010, 5:23 am
Location: Siebeldingen / Germany
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: metal versions of heroquest stuff for sale

Postby asdxzdew » June 23rd, 2014, 11:48 am

I can remove the skulls very easily, (from the spiral stairs, ) one other heroquest fan said he liked it better with the skulls, so i don't know...

is this other guy (who makes the figures) does he do a better job? or are they plastic?

I would really like to know how he does it ,
asdxzdew

Goblin
Goblin
 
Posts: 19
Joined: June 11th, 2014, 6:11 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: metal versions of heroquest stuff for sale

Postby asdxzdew » June 23rd, 2014, 11:50 am

well i shouldn't say i would really like to know how he does it, but I suppose how he does it so that it is profitable for him.
asdxzdew

Goblin
Goblin
 
Posts: 19
Joined: June 11th, 2014, 6:11 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: metal versions of heroquest stuff for sale

Postby TMU » June 24th, 2014, 4:05 pm

His stuff can be found here, just look him up. He does it in some resin. Contact him if you want to know more about his minis.
"There is no greater danger than playing it safe."


Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Second Lieutenant
TMU

Swordsman
Swordsman
 
Posts: 1870
Images: 15
Joined: November 17th, 2012, 2:55 pm
Location: Rauma, Finland
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: metal versions of heroquest stuff for sale

Postby asdxzdew » July 6th, 2014, 4:01 pm

Big Bene

in your opinion (don't pull any punches, ) Are my recasts good? I hire a person to make the moulds and pour the metal for me,
asdxzdew

Goblin
Goblin
 
Posts: 19
Joined: June 11th, 2014, 6:11 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: metal versions of heroquest stuff for sale

Postby Big Bene » July 7th, 2014, 3:50 am

asdxzdew wrote:I can remove the skulls very easily, (from the spiral stairs, ) one other heroquest fan said he liked it better with the skulls, so i don't know...
I like them, too. Just thinking that the stairs without skulls are more convertible. If I someone wants his stairs with skulls, or other stuff, he can easily glue some on himself.
asdxzdew wrote:Big Bene
in your opinion (don't pull any punches, ) Are my recasts good? I hire a person to make the moulds and pour the metal for me,
Judging from the first and second picture (high mage and man at arms) I'd say they are decent enough. The warbear looks less detailed, but I think this may be the fault of the original mini. Other fotos are too blurred.
Have a look ;)


Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier
 
Posts: 1401
Images: 11
Joined: September 30th, 2010, 5:23 am
Location: Siebeldingen / Germany
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Previous

Return to Ye Olde Market

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests