• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Ogre swapping

Discuss the Quest Eyes of Chaos, published in White Dwarf Magazine #145.

Ogre swapping

Postby Vorimir » April 19th, 2023, 2:23 pm

Hello! I'm planning to play this adventure as a mini camping mixed with the Halls of Rogar (in my world It is a temple about Rogar, first King of the Realm and It wont be a trainning quest but a fight to free the place after its sacked).
My problem are ogres. I dont want to use the Mage of the Mirror ogres already so was thinking about ysing the stats of the ogres as written but replaced by other creature. Was thinking about gnolls and use those figures:

https://minis3d.shop/es/busqueda?contro ... ch&s=Gnoll

Do you think the stats will match them? They even have a gnoll leader.
Vorimir

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Ogre swapping

Postby Kurgan » April 19th, 2023, 2:55 pm

Now that we have the new "nerfed" Ogres in the MOTM remake, are you talking about those (5 body points vs. 10 body points in the original version)?

Some of the Gnoll fighters look pretty cool (I own the BloodMane miniature for instance, looks great).

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Re: Ogre swapping

Postby Vorimir » April 19th, 2023, 3:15 pm

Yes, the needed ones. But I dont want to just change the ogres in this quest for the "normal* ogres sonI want other monsters to use the old quests stats.

by the way In olanning to give nerfed ogres a skull: Toughness: Reduce all attack dices you recive by one (1 Minimum). So a ogre attacked with a long sword will be hit with 2 dices.
Vorimir

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Hero:

Return to Eyes of Chaos