• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Some basic monsters required

Members requiring unique/custom artwork to complete their projects may request assistance from the Artists group within this forum.
Forum rules
Members: If a request requires specifics, please be as descriptive as possible. When your requests are filled, please edit the your first post and insert [Complete] at the beginning of the topic title.

Artists: If you are planning on filling a request, please make a post as soon as possible and let everyone else know your intentions. This will allow other Artists to focus on open requests.

Some basic monsters required

Postby Anderas » November 11th, 2015, 7:08 am

Hello all,
I am on the search for some Monster Pics for to make Monster cards.
They shall roughly fit with the style of the Base Game Monster Card Arts.

I was trying to make one myself, but my skill is 20 years rusted so it was a catastrophe :)

Can someone help me to do the following five monsters?

Goblin Whistleblower (The guy has a huge horn to blast alarm)
Goblin Spearman (Spear and Shield)
Goblin Archer

Skeleton Spearman (Spear and Shield)
Skeleton Archer

Thanks a lot!

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Some basic monsters required

Postby knightkrawler » November 11th, 2015, 4:50 pm

Take a look into the gallery. I've seen a Goblin Archer somewhere that was derived from the original Goblin art, weapons changed.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Patroclus » November 11th, 2015, 7:10 pm

I've make a goblin with spear for you
from the original:

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Patroclus

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby slev » November 12th, 2015, 2:57 am

Nice shoppage!

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
slev

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » November 13th, 2015, 2:58 am

Thanks a lot, that gobbo is already very helpful.
I will start a drawing of a crossbow Goblin soon. I guess I will employ at least part of the original picture like you did. :goblin:

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » November 21st, 2015, 12:23 am

So, here's a skeleton archer in a uselessly high resolution.
Printed on a card, it looks sufficiently good!

It's made from a photo of an unpainted metal skeleton miniature, so i guess it is free of copyright.

To do:

Goblin Archer (I think i've seen one in the forum... i'll search)
Goblin Whistleblower
Skeleton Spearman (Spear and shield)

Rewards:
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » November 21st, 2015, 1:00 pm

After hours of searching the net i took a photo of my own skeleton spearman. Why i didn't do that earlier i don't know, after all my minis are still looking good after a zoom of 3x or 4x.

Somehow i wasn't able to copy the "dirty" style; other than the metal model photo before. Click on the photo if you want a big version.

And a little spin off for everybody who wants to do his own card with the skeleton background... again, click for big.

Still to do:

Goblin Archer
Goblin Whistleblower

Rewards:
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » November 22nd, 2015, 12:39 pm

Next one done. I must admit that it was more difficult with the Gobbo.

Again, my model, my photo, my work, no other copyright used at all; except for the original HQ Background.
All my art is free to use! No rights reserved, you may as well sell my art if you want.
Except that you may not reserve any rights on my stuff.

Again, Card, Art and Background; the last one just in case someone wants to use it. Click for Big.

Rewards:
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby cynthialee » November 22nd, 2015, 1:07 pm

Anderas, nice. Thank you for your efforts.
That equipment theft power will keep the heroes wanting these buggers at range! And that is exactly where you want them.
{I fear if I used this card my players would be pissed! I would steal equipment and run for the stairwell! They wouldn't see their gear ever again.}

Edit to Add: The move hit move power is the one thing that makes Goblin Archers perfect.

How many do you like to include in an encounter? I tend to use 4 as a wandering monster squad. But mine don't have the theft power and only high ranking Goblin Archers get 2 attack, the average soldier gets 1 attack. Typically this means I have 1 archer in 4 with 2-3 attack dice. (magic arrows of chaos for 1 extra dice) Sometimes for a strapped squad of leveled heroes I will send a 4 man team of Goblin crossbowmen with move-hit-move.
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
~Sun Tsu The art of War~

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Swordsman
Swordsman

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » November 22nd, 2015, 2:42 pm

Ah no I hope it'll be not so bad. The little discard symbol next to the ability means you have to discard a EWP deck card to activate it. So either the heroes are fast and I don't have cards, or I have cards and they are good so I won't discard them for the Goblin, or I have cards and they are bad and then I activate this instead.

MAM makes me thinking more: he can hide behind a corner, look around, shoot, dive back. I will test it and come back to a possible redesign if it is too strong.

Rewards:
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Next

Return to Artchive Requests