• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Generic background for card art

Members requiring unique/custom artwork to complete their projects may request assistance from the Artists group within this forum.
Forum rules
Members: If a request requires specifics, please be as descriptive as possible. When your requests are filled, please edit the your first post and insert [Complete] at the beginning of the topic title.

Artists: If you are planning on filling a request, please make a post as soon as possible and let everyone else know your intentions. This will allow other Artists to focus on open requests.

Generic background for card art

Postby Maike05 » December 25th, 2012, 8:04 am

Hello guys, first of all thank you all for this tremendous work you've put together ! It really help me create some great cards!

Now I've a request, and I think it would help the creation of further cards. I would like to have clean generic backgrounds on which to put any new object. I'd like to have some generic empty tables, dungeon ground, grass, or cave walls.

This way, if I want to create a new potion for instance, i'd just have to get a copy of a clean background and put a separate object taken from the artchive gallery. do you understand what I mean ? :)

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Maike05

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Generic background for card art

Postby Sjeng » December 25th, 2012, 8:22 am

That would mean you'd get a deck of all sorts of items, but with one similar background, is that what you want?
If so, I might whip something up. If not, I suggest you use the already made backs for: potions / scrolls / artefacts / treasure / monsters / chaos spells / skaven spells / wizard and elf spells etc.
I like to split my items into decks for easier use. I can't use a deck with every sort of item all mixed together.
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Patroclus » December 25th, 2012, 4:45 pm

This could be very useful… in my opinion the best thing is to edit a HQ image and remove the main objects. I don’t have much time but I will try one card. I’ll try to remove the wolfsbane potion from the table of that card.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Patroclus

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Patroclus » December 25th, 2012, 7:12 pm

This is an empty table...

Last edited by Patroclus on December 30th, 2012, 3:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Patroclus

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Usergroups:

Postby Sjeng » December 26th, 2012, 10:13 am

oh you mean the front of the cards. I was thinking about the backsides. Neat idea!
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Maike05 » December 26th, 2012, 5:23 pm

Fantastic! Moar please :D

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Maike05

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Maike05 » December 30th, 2012, 12:27 pm

Rewards:
Maike05

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Patroclus » December 30th, 2012, 3:10 pm

Rewards:
Patroclus

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Usergroups:

Postby Daedalus » December 30th, 2012, 7:10 pm

I'm not yet savy enough to create the cards efficiently, but here's a list of where to find suitable(?) source-images to choose from. I'll host them at my Flickr gallery for at least a few months to provide easy access to Inne image files. Anybody who is interested in helping out can simply hit a link and copy a file to make into into a background. I still need to add the EQP and BQP cards, but this was a lot of work and I'm not sure if anybody will actually want or need more links, much less those already posted here. And then there are the Gallery images with backgrounds to add. Perhaps I'll add them anyway for completeness, if I feel the need.

@Maike-
If you feel so inclined you could narrow down the use of this big list by posting just those images you are interested in. However, it isn't necessary if you are content to wait and see what comes your way.

tables dungeon grounddungeon wallsdungeon ground and walls cave walls cave ground
cave ground and walls
grass outdoors town
tomb/graves
nonspecific
NOTE:
Cards listed in the NA Game System are also represented in the EU Game System. Only cards unique to the EU Game System are listed under its own heading.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » December 31st, 2012, 2:08 pm

I did a nonspecific background from the Bracers equipment card gotten from my link above.

UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Next

Return to Artchive Requests