• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Website Translation Project

We would like to have a version of Ye Olde Inn available in every language that HeroQuest was released in for fans of each language to enjoy. If you wish to assist us in this grand endeavour, respond in the appropriate section of this forum.

Website Translation Project

Postby drathe » September 12th, 2010, 5:17 pm

It is our goal to have the Ye Olde Inn Website available in every language HeroQuest was released in.

• Dansk/Danish
  • Deutsch/German
  • ελληνικά/Greek
  • Español/Spanish
  • Français/French
  • Italiano/Italian
  • 日本語/Japanese
  • Nederlands/Dutch
  • Português/Portuguese
  • Suomi/Finnish
  • Svenska/Swedish

Community members fluent in one of the above languages that would like to assist us in translating Ye Olde Inn may do so in the appropriate language topic in this forum. Within each of the language topics below is an outline of the pages that still require full translations, have new content that requires translations and the pages that have been fully translated. Please reply listing the pages you are translating, so that others involved in the project can jump to another page, instead of wasting valuable time on the same page already being translated.

Any and all help is appreciated. Interested members may translate as many pages as they desire. Even just a single page is a big help. There is no deadline. If you have a few minutes to spare and can translate a page, by all means, feel free to do so.

How to format translated pages
There are a few ways in which you can submit a translated page.
  1. If you are familiar with HTML, you may copy the source code of a Webpage into a text editor such as Wordpad, Notepad++, or Notepad. Then change the English text within the META, Title, Alt, Header, Paragraph tags, etc. and email them to drathe{at]drathe{dot}com.
  2. Copy the English text to any text editor and place each section of the translated text below the English Sections (ie. Put the translated paragraph below the English Paragraph), or for smaller sections, place the translated text beside the English text (ie. Home = Início). You may either email these files to drathe{at]drathe{dot}com, attach them to a post (if you are a Champion member), or paste the text into a post in the appropriate language section. Don't forget to indicate which page the translations correspond to.

Common Content
There are various links throughout Ye Olde Inn that are common to many, or all pages. Translations of these areas are of immediate help. As Ye Olde Inn is coded using include files, most of these areas are affected by a single include file. (ie, the navigation menu across the top of each page). When translations of these areas are received, the change in one single file will affect every page in each language area of Ye Olde Inn. If these are translated first, it will save some translation time for those translating various pages, as these sections will already be translated site-wide. A list of these sections will be provided in the first post of each language topic of the Ye Olde Inn project forum.

Hidden Content
There are some various behind-the-scenes text that can't be viewed by looking at a single Webpage. This text can be seen via viewing the source code. These are areas such as META descriptions, title tags for links, and alt tags for images. These areas are of lesser importance than the actual viewable content of a page, as they can't be seen by the community browsing the Website. They will however, need to be translated at some point as they assist search engines crawling the Website for content in returning relevant links when the content is searched for on Google, Yahoo and other search engines. This content will be listed at some point during the translation project's time frame.

Fan Content
Content available on Ye Olde Inn that has been created by community members may not be available in certain languages. Translation of fan content is the responsibility of the content author. Ye Olde Inn does not have templates for the content created by community members, therefor any translations made to fan content must be made by the original authors. Authors are not required to translate their content into other languages. If you wish to translate fan content into your language, please contact the author prior to doing so. They may, or may not have the time, or desire to translate their material.
Note: All cards created/localised by drathe may be translated and submitted by emailing drathe{at]drathe{dot}com. They will be recreated in a new language as spare time permits. All Quests created by drathe and recreated by Phoenix may be translated, but the recreation will not be immediate. These may be recreated in the new language when Phoenix' time permits and his other many projects are completed.

All help with this project, big, or small, is greatly appreciated. Those interested in assisting us with this grand endeavour may head to the relevant language topic, select a page and begin translating. Feel free to ask any questions you may have here, or in a specific language topic.

A special thanks goes out to all who assist us in realising our dream of a complete Ye Olde Inn in every published language!

~drathe
Innkeeper

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Ye Olde Inn Translation Project

Postby Phoenix » September 12th, 2010, 11:15 pm

Just to add to this...

I do not have any problems with translating any of my re-created Quests and/or Quest Packs. As previously stated, it will not happen immediately. When I have the time, I will gladly adapt any/all of these, provided that ALL contents be translated. I will not begin a translation project without 100% complete translated files.

I would also like to thank everyone in advance for any/all help that they can provide to assist in making this a TRULY International HeroQuest Community.

Thank You!!

-Phoenix
Innkeeper

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
The Great
Phoenix

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Website Translation Project

Postby Sjeng » July 10th, 2012, 10:18 am

I found an error in the English game system cards (remake) PDF file: the Jewels card says: "Jewles" :P
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby drathe » July 10th, 2012, 3:40 pm

Can you please point me to the file? I'm unaware of any English remake cards with jewels at yeoldeinn.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Sjeng » July 11th, 2012, 2:31 am

Never mind, turns out those were also (re)made by Cyber333. Can't remember where I downloaded them, I thought it was here, but I've got so many versions, I lost track :P
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby washi » February 21st, 2013, 3:23 pm

I'm translating somethings to Portuguese (Brazil).

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
washi

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior

Forum Language: Português (Brasil)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby sergiolmroma » August 14th, 2018, 1:21 pm

Hello there,

I can also help to translate to portuguese!
sergiolmroma

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:

Postby Daedalus » August 27th, 2018, 10:06 pm

drathe isn't as active lately, but you can check out this topic for possible submissions.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby nicole26 » November 15th, 2019, 6:32 am

Hi drathe,
First thing, i want to know that on which platform your website is build?
Second, i would like to suggest that you should go with Professional Translation Services for the translation of your website as online tools or plugins are not reliable for translation of website from one language to another language?
nicole26

Exiled
Exiled

Hero:

Postby Anderas » November 15th, 2019, 7:13 am

Hello Nicole26,
If you are no Bot, welcome to our forums!

If you are a Bot, fraggle, that's a hell of an automated personalized advertising message you put here. Congratulations for that piece of code!

In both cases;
this is a hobby-site, financed by yearly donations of a dozen or so hardcore hobbyists. Professional translation costs some money, so is out of reach for this site, sadly.
We also need to move to a new platform, as this one does not receive updates anymore, but it turned out to be very difficult indeed.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Next

Return to Homepage Translations