• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Online HeroQuest alternatives.

Have a HeroQuest related project and need community assistance? Create a thread about your project here and the type of aid you require. Other community members searching this room may be able to assist, or join you on your adventure.

Online HeroQuest alternatives.

Postby Shadzar » November 15th, 2020, 11:44 pm

I know that there are programs out there to play HeroQuest already, like that one board game engine, and Tabletop Simulator has a set of files for it, but what of other resources? Roll20 or Fantasy Grounds?

I know Roll20 you would have to just upload all your own stuff, but with FG there is the ability to "share" your ruleset, and I am trying to make one for a few years now to do so. How much automation do people really need for HQ to play over distances? Do you need everything including the cards built in, or just minimal functionality?

Of course this is still in playtesting, so no where near release capable at this time, but what would be the minimal needed from such a thing for people to use?

Note the included theme would probably not be able to be released due to copyright images and the FG EULA around them.
Shadzar

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Return to Project Forge