• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

3D Environment

Have a HeroQuest related project and need community assistance? Create a thread about your project here and the type of aid you require. Other community members searching this room may be able to assist, or join you on your adventure.

Re: 3D Environment

Postby Weltenlaeufer » May 6th, 2020, 5:12 pm

Yessss! Seeing this develop is great. Cool idea to make it customized to the character. This one screen looks epic with the logo and the town already. I really like the artstyle of it all.

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Weltenlaeufer

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Anderas » May 7th, 2020, 1:32 am

Haha, great question.
In the US it is some guy with a role playing game under the same name. That's the blocking point. All the rest is apparently manageable.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby Dezziedc » May 7th, 2020, 5:39 pm

Anderas wrote:Haha, great question.
In the US it is some guy with a role playing game under the same name. That's the blocking point. All the rest is apparently manageable.

Thanks Anderas. After reading your post I went looking for this other game. Interesting that he claimed the name after MB let it lapse. Painful. Might have to think of an alternative name. Maybe something like "World of Hero Quest" seeing as most games these days seem to like to add "World Of" in front. :D

Also, an updated picture of the Human selection screen I posted previously. Have been playing around with lighting to try and get a more 'epic' feel.

Dezziedc

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:

Postby Dezziedc » May 10th, 2020, 7:11 am

Weltenlaeufer wrote:Yessss! Seeing this develop is great. Cool idea to make it customized to the character. This one screen looks epic with the logo and the town already. I really like the artstyle of it all.

Thanks Welt.

Some more progress photos. I'm still working on the Race Selection menu. Looks a bit corny to me with the scroll. I have some other options I've been considering so I'll see if I can get that updated soon. First one is the menus so far with the Human Selection Scene. The second one is the Elf Selection Scene. So these represent the start areas for each race. These scenes are obviously setup specifically for character selection so quite detailed. I'm hoping that when I do create the open world I'll be able to maintain some of the detail - however I'm very conscious of performance.

Still a little work to do in each. Additionally, the icons in the menu are temporary icons as is the character - these are just place holders until I can organise something a bit better. The character however is more along the lines of how I want the players to look - just more in line with the HQ figures. They are just a bit closer than the knights etc I have been using.

Dezziedc

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:

Postby Spookyhappyfun » May 11th, 2020, 9:01 am

Actually, I kind of like the scroll. I mean you could try to make the UI more closely match the design of the cards from the game (though European or American would be a tough choice), but the scroll there seems to fit with the title and background to me. And it matches the "Race" banner above it which resembles the cardbacks.

Rewards:
Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Spookyhappyfun

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby lestodante » May 16th, 2020, 10:02 am

Did you build the engine by yourself or are you using the Unreal engine?

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Dezziedc » May 16th, 2020, 10:32 pm

lestodante wrote:Did you build the engine by yourself or are you using the Unreal engine?

Am using Unity Lestondante. Not skilled enough to build my own engine.
Dezziedc

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:

Postby Dezziedc » May 17th, 2020, 6:36 am

Dwarf Starting Area WIP

Dezziedc

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:

Postby Dezziedc » May 18th, 2020, 5:42 pm

Dezziedc

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:

Postby Dezziedc » May 26th, 2020, 8:08 pm

Character selection UI WIP. Back to using the blocky characters - just because they are good for prototyping and I have a number of models available in this format. So I'll stick with this style until I work out what options I have available for the style I want to use.

Dezziedc

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:

PreviousNext

Return to Project Forge