• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Weltenlaeufer's 3-D HeroQuest Board Project

Have a HeroQuest related project and need community assistance? Create a thread about your project here and the type of aid you require. Other community members searching this room may be able to assist, or join you on your adventure.

Re: W's 3-D Board Project

Postby Dezziedc » April 19th, 2020, 11:20 pm

Nice work! Looking really good!! You going to stick it all down on a table? Like those themed chess boards?
Dezziedc

Mummy
Mummy

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Weltenlaeufer » April 21st, 2020, 3:15 pm

Thanks for the feedback brother! :):) I dont know yet on what surface I gonna mount the tiles. It has to be hard enough but I also would like to keep it as light as possible. So something between foamboard and mdf plate.

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Weltenlaeufer

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Weltenlaeufer » April 21st, 2020, 3:17 pm

Finished 5 more of these yesterday...

Rewards:
Weltenlaeufer

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Weltenlaeufer » April 21st, 2020, 3:25 pm

So today....

I had a major "F..K YEAH!" moment after finishing this giant puzzle! :) :) Months of on/off casting came to a conclusion. Super satisfying to see that this is really happening now. :D

Rewards:
Weltenlaeufer

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby cornixt » April 21st, 2020, 6:09 pm

It's always nice to hit these kinds of milestones, it looks so good set up. I can't imagine how long it must have taken to do ten squares at a time. I like to think I would dye the plaster a grey colour so I don't need to paint so many of the tiles, but the extra step multiplied up seems like painting would be much faster even if you need to touch up any damage.

Is the centre room going to keep the hodgepodge of random tiles? Will your arrange them in a neat pattern or replace them with a consistent set of tiles? Are the rooms replaceable with the special rooms (the overlay tiles from the expansions like the round room and skull room) or placed over the top?

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
cornixt

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Weltenlaeufer » April 21st, 2020, 6:40 pm

Haha man you have the eagle eye! :lol: Busted! I was runnin out of regular floortiles so I had to use the hodgepodge small ones to fill the center for now :D :D There are also a few other tiles I gonna recast which had some errors or stick out too much, I just had to lay it all out in its completion for now!

I am going to get one more mold which has some special floors that I gonna use for the center room and maybe one or two other rooms. But yeah, the center room is getting the real treatment once the last mold arrives! :D And the vision is to get this board solid onto mdf and have the interchangeable rooms on top of it when I need them.

Rewards:
Weltenlaeufer

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Dezziedc » April 21st, 2020, 8:58 pm

Wow!! That full board looks fantastic man!!! Where'd you get those awesome props from? They all fit and they look great!!!
Dezziedc

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:

Postby Weltenlaeufer » April 22nd, 2020, 9:03 am

Thank you!! I still cannot believe that this is happening. :) I saw the custom board that inspired this years ago and loved it but I would have never thought I would build one myself one day. :):) most of the furniture is from zealotminiatures, they got really nice sculpts. The floortraps and bookshelves are from a mantic games terraincrate and the led pieces I found on etsy.

Rewards:
Weltenlaeufer

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Weltenlaeufer » April 30th, 2020, 2:16 pm

Small update :D

For now the project is on halt until I gonna invest into one more mold in the coming weeks so I can add more variety to the rooms. I could finish it now, but I figured I got so far, now I wanna finish it with style. :D The last mold to finish the board.

I gotta cast this one mold about 20-30 times to get the amount of tiles I need for the special rooms. The specific tile I need is only once in that mold, thats why its gonna be a big final casting stretch, probably 4 days of focussed casting. Good thing is as a sideproduct I gonna produce loads of other walls and floortiles at the same time I can use for later modular tiles I wanna make.

Gonna order a 6mm mdf plate for the base.

I want to match the room colors to the original board so the plan is to paint the floor tiles in batches of rooms before I mount everything. Same with hallways and walls.

It looks like the final stretch is just around the corner! :D :goblin: :orc: :mummy: :chaoswarrior: :gargoyle:

Rewards:
Weltenlaeufer

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby BigDaddio » May 7th, 2020, 10:12 pm

Wow, nice board! Really love the image with the little lights on it.
BigDaddio

Goblin
Goblin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:

PreviousNext

Return to Project Forge