• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Hirst arts 3D Heroquest board

Have a HeroQuest related project and need community assistance? Create a thread about your project here and the type of aid you require. Other community members searching this room may be able to assist, or join you on your adventure.

Re: Hirst arts 3D Heroquest board

Postby whitebeard » July 15th, 2016, 9:27 pm

I'm always expecting great things when I see a new post in this thread. This one is exceptional! Keep it up!

If I agree to be the wizard, can I have the room with this board in it?
Has resigned from the forum and would delete his account if he could.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Anderas » July 16th, 2016, 1:04 am

This project is great! I checked this thread for the first time in half a year and the advancements are just great!

I love your board, your kitchen, your veranda and the fact that you replace your two years old kid with a white beard. :D

Just keep going. This is a great one!

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » July 16th, 2016, 2:01 am

I'd say, paint the stonework in the fireplace lighter than the walls to make it pop more.
Also, give it a light olive greenish tint.
If you paint some OSL or even just the real fire in there, you'll have a nice contrast right there.
But my tip is true even if you're not gonna paint any fire.
A medium greenish gray with wooden boards will be very nice to look at
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Sparkymark » July 16th, 2016, 5:47 am

Your coming on leaps and bounds now Figo!
I would paint the fireplace stone the same colour scheme as the walls. This because they need to look as though they are built in as part of the dungeon, not just stuck on the side. But highlight with some pale yellow around the fire to give it a real glow as though its a roaring fire. That would really be eye catching.
Thats just my opinion, im sure whatever you do will look great.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Sparkymark

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » July 16th, 2016, 5:54 am

Sparkymark wrote:Thats just my opinion, im sure whatever you do will look great.

That is true.
Both ways have quite a few arguments on their side, but the raw talent and vision will make anything work.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Figomurphy » July 16th, 2016, 7:43 pm

Thanks for the input guys. I'll keep posting the progress. Just undercoated the fireplace and built a few more walls tonight. I'll post some photos of the fireplace tomorrow if I get it done.

Sparkmark, How's your board coming on?

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges.
Figomurphy

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sparkymark » July 17th, 2016, 4:38 am

Progress has been slow. I have been casting when i get spare time and now i have enough peices to build the next section. So far i have glued all the tiles on, ready for wall building. I could just do with employing a few goblins as labourers to help with the construction! :D
Here is where i am up to.

image.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Sparkymark

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Figomurphy » July 17th, 2016, 7:39 am

Looking good! I hate the casting part. I ran out of wall sections last night so I'll have to get casting again. Building a board of that size can be slow going, there are so many different stages. I find I do it in bursts, work on it for a few days, then leave it for weeks at a time. This site gives me inspiration to keep it going.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges.
Figomurphy

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » July 17th, 2016, 8:19 am

How do you make tje doors freely posable?

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby Sparkymark » July 17th, 2016, 9:43 am

Yeh it can be a bit boring casting but the building part is highly enjoyable.
How many molds do you own?

Rewards:
Sparkymark

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Project Forge