• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

HQ Card Maker

Have a HeroQuest related project and need community assistance? Create a thread about your project here and the type of aid you require. Other community members searching this room may be able to assist, or join you on your adventure.

Re: HQ Card Maker

Postby Tott » September 22nd, 2014, 11:26 am

I've saved it as an xls, regardless of whether i use that or the original xlsx, I still get this error message after i click on Load and then choose the spreadsheet
Last edited by Tott on September 22nd, 2014, 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tott

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby knightkrawler » September 22nd, 2014, 11:27 am

JasonMCM wrote:Side note: This program hates me and no matter how pretty I tell it it is, nor how many promises of long walks on the beach and nights of conversation staring into each others eyes, will not run on my computer... (see my cry for help a little ways back).

But if it's female and around its 20s, it's gonna want it rough...
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby JasonMCM » September 22nd, 2014, 11:35 am

Tott wrote:I've saved it as an xls, regardless of whether i use that or the original xlsx, I still get this error message after i click on Load and then choose the spreadsheet

Somehow your picture isn't showing up (so I manually followed the link) and you are having the same problem that I am having and I don't think it is spreed sheet related. Possibly the version that just re-put up is buggy?

Or maybe HQ Card Maker is just playing hard to get... Maybe we should offer chocolates?
Do you PBP? I do. See my exploits below.

Amy the Amazon
Interactive HeroQuest
Sir. Jason the Champion
Trapped in the Dark
Swiftfoot the Elf
The Dark Company
Zargon the Evil Wizard
Core Quests Redone

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie!
JasonMCM

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Tott » September 22nd, 2014, 11:47 am

never offer chocolates. that makes them fat.
jewellery. guaranteed winner.
Tott

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby JasonMCM » September 22nd, 2014, 11:50 am

But I can afford chocolates. (No on has artificially increased the price of them like they did certain types of carbon...)

Amy the Amazon
Interactive HeroQuest
Sir. Jason the Champion
Trapped in the Dark
Swiftfoot the Elf
The Dark Company
Zargon the Evil Wizard
Core Quests Redone

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie!
JasonMCM

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Patroclus » September 22nd, 2014, 4:10 pm

Tott wrote:I've saved it as an xls, regardless of whether i use that or the original xlsx, I still get this error message after i click on Load and then choose the spreadsheet

Sorry guys, it uses microsoft office and the open office is not supported. I’ve search if I could make an easy change, but there are a lot of changes to do and my free time is limited.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Patroclus

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby JasonMCM » September 22nd, 2014, 9:59 pm

I get this error when using the excel file that is bundled with the editor as well as the exported excel files. Possibly it is because I am using windows 8.1?

Amy the Amazon
Interactive HeroQuest
Sir. Jason the Champion
Trapped in the Dark
Swiftfoot the Elf
The Dark Company
Zargon the Evil Wizard
Core Quests Redone

Rewards:
JasonMCM

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Schmidt » September 23rd, 2014, 2:25 pm

I forgot to thank you for the ability to resize the cards without problems. I have 1000's of common yugioh cards that I'm going to use as the "sandwich" fill for the cards. Before I DL'd this program I had scanned a ygo card and resized a couple of cards manually to see if it was even doable. No need for that anymore \o/ yay

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Schmidt

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Patroclus » September 24th, 2014, 4:46 pm

JasonMCM wrote:I get this error when using the excel file that is bundled with the editor as well as the exported excel files. Possibly it is because I am using windows 8.1?

Are you using microsoft office and you still got this error? The open office will have problem for sure, but about win 8 I don’t think so. Post a print screen with the error (don’t forget to press the details button), this could help me.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Patroclus

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Usergroups:

Postby Patroclus » September 24th, 2014, 4:51 pm

Schmidt wrote:I forgot to thank you for the ability to resize the cards without problems. I have 1000's of common yugioh cards that I'm going to use as the "sandwich" fill for the cards. Before I DL'd this program I had scanned a ygo card and resized a couple of cards manually to see if it was even doable. No need for that anymore \o/ yay

Yes, I've put that option because sometimes you want to put an image and you've make some clipping but you still want to show more and doesn't fit in the original size. So it does some streaching to images with different dimensions that it's hard to notice.

Rewards:
Patroclus

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Project Forge