• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Card Text Project

Have a HeroQuest related project and need community assistance? Create a thread about your project here and the type of aid you require. Other community members searching this room may be able to assist, or join you on your adventure.

Re: Card Text Project

Postby Patroclus » September 29th, 2012, 4:16 am

First of all thanks for the great job.

I’ve made a eu-chaos-spells.png to fit the European style, with a white border around. I think it is great and I’ve post it on Monday.

About the French spell backs I need to have exactly the example because I can’t recreate it. This can be happened only if you placed a dash on the French column and on the Greek column has a Greek filename.
I am sure you know that the dashes works like this. It is as you say “keep the same file/text from the previous column”.

About the monster cards, sure I will add them on a future version.

As an update, I have noticed some “bugs”:
1. From inside the program there is a problem in some PCs with the google site and the loading of the excel and images, so I am thinking to remove this option and make it work only locally.
2. When I unzip the compressed file with all the images, I had a problem with some language characters. For example the French filenames have a “Γ” char instead of the “è”. But If I changed it manually it fixes, so I guess it is not a problem with my windows but with the zip file. The problem is that when the program reads the right filename from the excel and try to read the file from the folder, it crashes. I will fix the crash and I could make a patch program to change my characters, but I can’t guarantee that other people in other countries won’t have characters replaced by others. If we can’t find another solution and the problem still exist, the only thing we can do is gathering reports from people and update the patch.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Patroclus

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby drathe » September 29th, 2012, 10:12 am

Patroclus wrote:From inside the program there is a problem in some PCs with the google site and the loading of the excel and images, so I am thinking to remove this option and make it work only locally.

As the Google spreadsheet can be changed publicly, a local file is ideal. Some content has already gone missing from the Google spreadsheet in the past. I keep a master copy on my computer you can use. Let me know if you want it.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Patroclus » October 19th, 2012, 6:50 am

drathe wrote:The last two evenings, I've taken to updating the spreadsheet. All file names and dashes (-) are in place.

In the card folder of the program, I noticed there is no eu-chaos-spells.png file, yet the spreadsheet has this file listed under the English Chaos Spell cards. Further, I noticed the file names for the French spell backs have Greek characters in them for some reason.

Will this card maker also work for Monsters? Or is that planned for a later edition/separate program?

This is the eu-chaos-spells.png
Last edited by Patroclus on June 25th, 2014, 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Patroclus

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby barremans » March 3rd, 2014, 6:43 am

Do you guys still need help for translating to Dutch (Nederlands)?
barremans

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

Previous

Return to Project Forge