• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

New Frontier: Bogenhafen

Gather your Heroes for Play-by-Post adventures here. Posting in this room does not count toward your posting rank.
Forum rules
Use this area for gathering and playing Play-by-Post games. They need not be HeroQuest, but all games are still subject to the rules of the Ye Olde Inn forum. Posts in this room will not count toward your posting rank.

Note: There are no Quick Reply boxes in this forum. They have been disabled due to incompatibility with the Dice feature this forum uses.

Re: Fire & Ice

Postby Gold Bearer » May 7th, 2016, 6:49 pm

Nope, no change. Cool, I don't like that icon anyway. :) I've go one in mind for her.

Sotiris?
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Expanded Combined Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4296

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna
DMT - The Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwZqVqbkyLM

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Sotiris » May 7th, 2016, 6:55 pm

I'm ok.
My new unpublished boardgame on Tabletopia free platform:
https://tabletopia.com/games/stellar_omega

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Sotiris

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: Ελληνικά
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Gold Bearer » May 7th, 2016, 6:56 pm

Heroes.bmp
Blacksmith, Pit Fighter, Paladin, Frost Wizard.
Monk, Rogue, Ranger, Bright Wizard.

Let me know if you want these changed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Gold Bearer » May 8th, 2016, 2:23 pm

Okay, rules in the opening post.

Micky, I've made a few more alterations to the monk. It wasn't until I starting writing down the rule description that I saw a few things that needed it, it was a lot to take in. I hope you don't mind the changes, you might even like some. I think you'll see why I did those ones.

I've given the Blacksmith two Knives because Daggers can't be thrown in my rules. Knives can attack diagonally as well. If you want a melee weapon to use in case you throw both Knives you can give up your attacking action to find a Club (see the rules post), you can carry a club as you only have throwing weapons.

The Bright and Frost Wizard's abilities have changed slightly. I wanted the Frost Wizard to have ice based attacks. This is a bit of a double edged sword so he's still got his defence rule. The Bright Wizard can now choose to make his melee attacks fire based but doesn't have to. The idea being that a Bright Wizard can make their weapon catch fire if they want to but a Frost Wizard can't help the cold that comes out of them.

Greeting heroes, I am Mentor. I've guided many adventurers on their path and now the time has for you to start your journey. A sect of Tzeentch worshippers to the north are trying to summon a greater daemon, they must be stopped! They've succeeded in channeling the daemon's spirit into a magical artifact but are some way from completing all the stages of the ritual so if we act now, they won't have time to complete the summoning. This will be a trial by fire in the depths of the ice and as such, you will be accompanied on your quest by two of my trusted wizards. Luther, Vladimir, come forward. This is Luther Flamestrike and Vladimir Stormbringer, they will help you battle the Tzeentch forces who are known for potent magics of their own. Good luck heroes.
Fire%20&%20Ice.bmp
Just click on the image twice to get rid of the scroll bars, I don't know why it's doing that.
Blue Horror of Tzeentch.jpg
Chaos
Chaos troops are expert warriors and so roll an extra dice when they attack if they don't move during the same turn. Anything with Chaos or one of the four Chaos gods in the title is part of the Chaos faction as well as Daemons. Horrors are Tzeentch Lesser Daemons.

Off you go. The stairwell is one big square so moving to any of the four directly adjacent squares is one movement. If there's no objections we'll use random movement for both Adventurers (that includes Followers) and Monsters.

I have no idea how this is going to pan out, it could be a walk in the park or a FPW, we'll soon see and it will be fun finding out. I've never tried balancing it for eight heroes, they're more than twice as powerful as a four hero group because they can work together.

Pit Fighter
(Name?)
Blacksmith
(Name?)
Paladin
(Name?)
Frost Wizard
(Vladimir Stormbringer)
MOVE: :roll6: :roll6: MOVE: :roll6: :roll6: MOVE: :roll6: :roll6: MOVE: :roll6: :roll6: :roll6: (Lowest Two)
ATTACK: :skull: :skull: :skull: /*
(Flail)
ATTACK: :skull: /-
(Two Knives)
ATTACK: :skull: :skull:
(Spiked Club)
ATTACK: :skull: :skull: :skull:
(Broadsword)
DEFENSE: :whiteshield: :whiteshield:
(Tough Skin)
DEFENSE: :whiteshield: :whiteshield: :whiteshield:
(Very Tough Skin)
(Padded Armour (Max Run 8))
(Magic Aura)
BODY: :redheart: :redheart: :redheart: :redheart: :redheart: :redheart: :redheart: :redheart: BODY: :redheart: :redheart: :redheart: :redheart: :redheart: :redheart: :redheart: BODY: :redheart: :redheart: :redheart: :redheart: :redheart: BODY: :redheart: :redheart: :redheart: :redheart: :redheart:
MIND: :blueorb: :blueorb: MIND: :blueorb: :blueorb: :blueorb: MIND: :blueorb: :blueorb: :blueorb: :blueorb: :blueorb: MIND: :blueorb: :blueorb: :blueorb: :blueorb: :blueorb:
INVENTORY: INVENTORY: INVENTORY: INVENTORY:

Ranger
(Name?)
Monk
(Name?)
Rogue
(Name?)
Bright Wizard
(Luther Flamestrike)
MOVE: :roll6: :roll6: MOVE: :roll6: :roll6: :roll6: (Choose Two) MOVE: :roll6: :roll6: MOVE: :roll6: :roll6: :roll6: (Lowest Two)
(Sword)
(Pole)
ATTACK: :skull: /
(Dagger)
ATTACK: :skull: :skull: :skull: /
(Broadsword)
(Leather Armour)
(Martial Skill)
DEFENSE: :whiteshield: *
(No armour)
(Magic Aura)
BODY: :redheart: :redheart: :redheart: :redheart: :redheart: :redheart: :redheart: :redheart: :redheart: :redheart: BODY: :redheart: :redheart: :redheart: :redheart: :redheart: BODY: :redheart: :redheart: :redheart: :redheart: :redheart: BODY: :redheart: :redheart: :redheart: :redheart: :redheart:
MIND: :blueorb: :blueorb: :blueorb: :blueorb: :blueorb: MIND: :blueorb: :blueorb: :blueorb: :blueorb: :blueorb: MIND: :blueorb: :blueorb: :blueorb: :blueorb: :blueorb: MIND: :blueorb: :blueorb: :blueorb: :blueorb: :blueorb:
INVENTORY: INVENTORY: INVENTORY: INVENTORY:
Hope you don't mind me stealing your layout Sotiris. :)

Edit:
Oh, power role! No random event roll on the first turn (no heroes yet) but I need to do the power roll.
Gold Bearer rolled 1 6-sided dice:
Power 1 and 2 spells can be cast this round.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby MadMickyG » May 9th, 2016, 3:08 am

Rangers name is Halt, Monks name is Sifu (or course) and Rogues name is Kai.
Is there a post with quick rundown of how to play pbp?

EDIT: I'll let Sotiris go first so I can get an idea of what needs to be done. Also, do you use the horde rule of being surrounded or surrounding monsters?
Check out my dabblings in writing.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Madhouse ... 4179561807
Feel free to let me know what you think. All comments/criticisms welcome.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
MadMickyG

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Sotiris » May 9th, 2016, 3:47 am

Vladimir steps on the southest free square and attacks
Sotiris rolled 3 6-sided dice:
3, 3, 1

Salvo, the Paladin, steps 1N of frost wizard and hits the next blue horror
Sotiris rolled 2 6-sided dice:
6, 3
defense
3, 1
the rest heroes later, after MMG's.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Sotiris

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby MadMickyG » May 9th, 2016, 7:53 am

The Ranger Halt moves north on the farthest left square, in front of the Blue Horror and attacks
Attack:
MadMickyG rolled 2 6-sided dice:
4, 4

Sifu moves north past Halt, then goes right to stand in the doorway and attacks the Blu Horror:
Move:
MadMickyG rolled 3 6-sided dice:
2, 6, 1

Attack:
MadMickyG rolled 2 6-sided dice:
4, 4

Will move Luther and Kai after Sotiris finishes his go.
(Let me know if this format is okay)
EDIT: Checking, as roll for attack said 2 Shields, so thats a fail. Hoping it doesnt change after edit.
Check out my dabblings in writing.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Madhouse ... 4179561807
Feel free to let me know what you think. All comments/criticisms welcome.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
MadMickyG

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Sotiris » May 9th, 2016, 8:16 am

Bravo, the Pit Fighter, steps 2N and attacks
Sotiris rolled 3 6-sided dice:
5, 1, 2
horror defends
1, 4

Rewards:
Sotiris

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Sotiris » May 9th, 2016, 8:19 am

bRuno, the Blacksmith, steps 1N (i'm not sure) and attacks the last horror
Sotiris rolled 1 6-sided dice:

Rewards:
Sotiris

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Gold Bearer » May 9th, 2016, 9:43 am

MadMickyG wrote:Is there a post with quick rundown of how to play pbp?
You seem to have the hang of it, it's just the dice that need learning really and you've figured that out.

MadMickyG wrote:Also, do you use the horde rule of being surrounded or surrounding monsters?
No, I don't think I've ever come across that rule before. Where's it from?

MadMickyG wrote:(Let me know if this format is okay)
Yeap, that's fine.

MadMickyG wrote:EDIT: Checking, as roll for attack said 2 Shields, so thats a fail. Hoping it doesnt change after edit.
No it never changes after rolling.

One thing to watch out for though, if you put a quote in your post the dice normally won't roll, it will say invalid dice code so you just need to make a new post.

ImageRogue and Bright Wizard still to go and two horrors left.

Rewards:
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Play-by-Post Game Room