• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Spells used in Sotiris Game

Gather your Heroes for Play-by-Post adventures here. Posting in this room does not count toward your posting rank.
Forum rules
Use this area for gathering and playing Play-by-Post games. They need not be HeroQuest, but all games are still subject to the rules of the Ye Olde Inn forum. Posts in this room will not count toward your posting rank.

Note: There are no Quick Reply boxes in this forum. They have been disabled due to incompatibility with the Dice feature this forum uses.

Re: Spells used in Sotiris Game

Postby Gold Bearer » March 3rd, 2016, 6:33 am

Gold Bearer wrote:
Gold Bearer wrote:I think the equipment swapping rule needs a revision Sotiris. There's nothing to stop the barbarian taking the bow as he passes Athos so he can shoot the kobold, then Athos taking it back on his turn and using it again. A simple fix would be that you can't use a weapon unless you had it at the start of your turn.
What do you think Sotirs? If we can only take equipment from someone on our own turn it solves the problem.
I noticed the problem when I took the barbarian's turn last round. He walked past Athos so there was nothing to stop him taking the bow on his way past and then Athos doing the same thing on his turn.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Expanded Combined Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4296

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna
DMT - The Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwZqVqbkyLM

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Anderas » March 3rd, 2016, 7:31 am

I do it like this in my game. It prevents most of the misuse. Also the one bow four Heroes shooting problem.

Change Equipment in the game
Beginning of your turn, before you move or action:
It's free to shuffle your equipment around as you like and to give someone adjacent something

After move:
It uses your action to shuffle your equipment or to give someone something that needs to be equipped (like Armor, shield, weapons, helmet)

After the Action:
No more changes possible for something that needs to be equipped

It is always a free action to give someone something that needs not to be equipped (like potion, spell scroll etc)

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby Gold Bearer » March 3rd, 2016, 9:03 am

Far too fiddly. You can't use something that you didn't have at the start of your turn, simple. Shouldn't apply to potions/scrolls though, just equipment.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Sotiris » March 3rd, 2016, 9:17 am

If the equipment is not used during the current turn it may be passed to another hero. For example, in our pbp game, the unused Bow passed from the Barbarian to the Elf and then the Elf used it. For the current turn the Bow cannot pass to another hero.
I don't see where's the problem here.
My new unpublished boardgame on Tabletopia free platform:
https://tabletopia.com/games/stellar_omega

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Sotiris

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: Ελληνικά
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Gold Bearer » March 3rd, 2016, 9:36 am

Example: :dwarf: has battle axe, fails to reach the target. :barbarian: then rolls high movement, moves past :dwarf:, takes his battle on the way and attacks the target with it.

Rewards:
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Sotiris » March 3rd, 2016, 9:55 am

The battle axe has been used once and also the Dwarf may use his shield if he has one.
I find this ok.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Sotiris

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Anderas » March 3rd, 2016, 11:32 am

So for you the equipment itself has also only one attack:
You can hand it over as you want but only one use per turn. Either the one or the other can use it.

I think as long as we don't start juggling with the equipment, we can still follow that yes.

Do I see that correctly, for you it would be ok if the dwarf switches to shield after the battle axe attack? That'd be a difference between our two games, Sotiris. For my game it isn't ok. But I accept of course that we can do it in your game if you want it so.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby Gold Bearer » March 3rd, 2016, 12:49 pm

It's just that it's open to abuse if you can use something on the same turn that you get it from another hero. I see it as a loophole, I hate loopholes.

I don't think you can switch to a shield after using a battle axe in sotiris' rules, it would make 'two handed' meaningless.

Rewards:
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Sotiris » March 3rd, 2016, 1:11 pm

You can't switch to the shield if you have used the battle axe.
Same for the opposite: let's say the dwarf searhes for treasure and a wm attacks him. He may use his shield. Then if Elf casts Timestop (target plays an extra turn) on the dwarf, he'll be not able to use the battle axe, he's already holding a shield the current round.

Rewards:
Sotiris

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Anderas » March 3rd, 2016, 1:28 pm

Ok super. That makes me happy. I am not searching for loopholes, that's just not me.

Rewards:
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Play-by-Post Game Room